• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

502 Bad Gateway/503 Service Unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calcium

Former Slythe
Reaction score
I am frequently getting these messages when trying to navigate these forums.

Is there any way to stop these errors?

No, its due to server overload. Nothing wrong with your computer, its just the server is facing tons of load with the B/W Release activity. We're all facing this problem

Ah thanks :)

Good to know it's not just me XD

Its because there's only 1 server for over 4000 members, all 'gasming about the BW release. Understandably, there is lag.

had this on and off myself, I concur with badal, since it was released in the uk on friday and the us today, many pokemon sites have been busy

There are actually 5 servers I believe. And it is because of the BW release. Expect it to get worse. Some things that help are turning off avatars and signatures during this time.

the servers at serebii are even having trouble keeping up with the demand of users i dont like it when it gets this way

Nobody likes it when it gets this way. We have 5 servers that support Bulbapedia and the forums, and this is just an immense crush of traffic we're dealing with. We're trying to see if we can optimize anything to make it work better but it's a challenge.

There are actually 5 servers I believe. And it is because of the BW release. Expect it to get worse. Some things that help are turning off avatars and signatures during this time.

Bulbapedia has five servers, BMGf only has one. :)

Yeah, everyone here is pretty much getting it. I kept getting it as I tried to reply to this topic. I had to refresh like ten thousand times until I was able to TYPE something. Once the Black and White fad dies down, it will be back to normal though.

It sucks we can't even discuss the game when everyone has it.

I think turning off the forums for a little while helped a litle bit. I haven't been 503'd once (and it's not very slow either) since they were turned back on.

somehow serebii managed to pull it off i had to stick there while this was over populated talk to hthe people over at serebii see what they did to manage

Meh the lag's back. It'll probably be this way for a eek or 2. Right now people are more interested in Black and White than the riots in Libya. Once things die down everything will go back to normal.

That's odd. I'm not experiencing any lag right now... the pages are turning smoothly and with almost no wait time :)

That's odd. I'm not experiencing any lag right now... the pages are turning smoothly and with almost no wait time :)
Today being a school day, load on all Pokemon sites is going to be lower.

Serebii moved to a new server a couple months ago which completely eliminated all his lag, the reason why his site was ok, is because obviously his new server could handle it.

Not quite. Forum server did change (and it actually crashed in the morning, not through load, just randomly), but the site ones were fine, just running at 120%+ their functional capacity

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom