• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S07 EP01: What You Seed is What You Get

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Japanese Episode AG 41: "Treecko's New Technique!! Watmel Field's Bullet Seed!"
American Episode 313: "What You Seed is What You Get"

Kids' WB!, 10:00am ET
Pokémon Advanced Challenge, aka Season 7, begins today as Treecko learns a new attack.

Post your thoughts about the episodes here. Please mark any spoilers for episodes not that have yet to air in America in spoiler tags.

A good episode... The Fallarbor/Lavaridge argument was amusing, and even if Satoshi didn't take the obvious type advantage and use Taillow, it was still quite a fun battle, and how Treecko finally mastered bullet seed was funny indeed.

I really liked it. They got rid of the "Who's that Pokèmon" segment, but the new segment is good although I forgot what is was called. Pikachu looked so cute eating watermelon. And the elecrtode that was painted like a watermelon looked funny.

Last edited:
And what about Taillow would make it better than a Treeko against a Poliwhirl? They both have their advantages, but...

Gyah! They say it'd be better, but they don't tell us *HOW*!

Anyway--Yes, Meowth needs major medication. Seriously. (although I don't doubt that the Boss *could* cut a watermelon with his bare hands, I doubt that he *would*. That's one of many reasons he has a *staff*)

"I guess we're stuck with the fruit we already have."
"Never have I enjoyed something so fruity."
"Come to me, you great big ball of juicyness!"

I LOVE TEAM ROCKET. XD

Darn all the annoying dub added JIG!!!!

Tis episode was ok. The double battle had some cool moments, but overall was kind of repetitive. After Ash tried the same strategy three times in a row I was ready to yell at the TV. The character of the day was boring. TR actully saved this episode, they had good scenes and an AWESOME robot. YAY Cacnea!. The scenes at the beginning and end with all the watermelon seed spitting were also good Overall, this episode felt like another "semi-filler" episode, the only thing saving it was Treecko learning Bullet Seed. Anyway, 2 stars

They chose Taillow because Poliwrath is a fighting type and is weak against flying.

I liked the episode! And I thought it was pretty good! First of all, I loved the theme for Pokemon Advanced Challenge! And I really loved the part at the beginning when Ash was first spitting the seeds out of the watermelon. That was funny! And May's reaction to that was even funnier! LOL. Oh, and it was really cool when Ash remembered Bullet Seed all of a sudden and wanted to teach it to Treecko! And I think it was really funny how Ash taught Treecko how to do Bullet Seed by seed spitting! XD And I loved how that girl trainer (forgot her name) who owned the watermelons had a Grovyle! That was so cool! I didn't expect to see a Grovyle yet! And I really loved the double battle that she and Ash had! It was really good! Although, it was kinda weird that it got interrupted like that by Team Rocket. But, I think it was actually a good thing that it did because Treecko hadn't quite mastered Bullet Seed yet. And it was great that it learned the move when it was battling Team Rocket (I mean, when it tried the move and it actually worked for the first time)! But, when Ash and that girl finally got back to their battle and finished it, I didn't expect Ash to lose. I mean, I thought he was gonna win! And I wanted him to win too! But, oh well, I guess it would've been unrealistic for him to win considering the fact that there's probably no way a Treecko could ever beat its evolved form, Grovyle. Still, it would've been so cool if Ash had won the battle though! Anyway, I liked the part at the end when Ash and Pikachu started spitting seeds at Treecko, cause it ignored them when they tried to cheer it up. That was so funny! But, I felt sorry for Ash and Pikachu when they got attacked by Treeko's Bullet Seed cause it was mad when it attacked them. And I liked Ash's line that he said to Treecko after that, "You're motivated to attack me?". That was funny! And I really liked Ash's last line he said to May at the end, but I've forgotten what it was now. Overall, this was a really good episode!

^_^

Rating: 10 out of 10

Last edited:
Blackjack Gabbiani said:
And what about Taillow would make it better than a Treeko against a Poliwhirl?
Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that Taillow's Flying attacks would be strong against Poliwrath's half-Fighting type? :p

And Natasha? Boring? FUNNY, you mean. I like characters like that. :)

Nothing, but unless the west coast feed screwed up or something, the other choices were a Combusken and a Mudkip ^_^

I haven't seen the episode yet, but this quote gets an honourable mention:

"I guess we're stuck with the fruit we already have."

*DIESDIESDIES*

Natasha is so, SO underrated. I thought I was the only one in the world who actually liked her and her voice!

And those fruit jokes? Princeless. XP I also like the new opening theme. What a good way to start off the season!

Originally posted by birdboy2000
Nothing, but unless the west coast feed screwed up or something, the other choices were a Combusken and a Mudkip^_^

Yeah, those were the choices over here too.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 20 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom