• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S07 EP06: Love at First Flight

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Japanese Episode AG 41: "Volbeat & Illumise! Dance of Love!"
American Episode 313: "Love at First Flight"

Kids' WB!, 10:00am ET
Finally, "Love at First Flight" airs today, hopefully ending the onslaught of "OMG they bannned Love @ fiRst FlighT dam u kidswb!!!!11!!1!1" posts that I've seen popping up on various message boards. Anyway, in this episode, Satoshi-tachi help a pair of trainers named Romeo and Juliet get over their nervousness and admit their feelings for one another. It's supposed to be a really funny episode, so make sure you don't miss it.

By the way, One Piece continues on the Fox Box today at 9:30am ET. You must watch it.

Post your thoughts about the episodes here. Please mark any spoilers for episodes not that have yet to air in America in spoiler tags.

YAY!!! the Brock and Ash scene wasn't cut out. This episode was pretty hilarious, all thanks to Brock and his over the top com-ons. I loved his reaction to the first time Juliet came on. I guess it's not that big of a deal, but in the original wasn't her name Julia? Things got a little boring once TR showed up and stole the pokemon, since it was the normal un-original TR battle, then things picked up again after they blasted off. One thing I really didn't like was the voices hey gave the characters of the day. Romio had Pegasus' voice from Yugioh, and I think both he and Juliet sounded too old. But anyway, it was better than the Camelrupt episode.

overall: it was on it's way to three stars for the first part, but then TR had to come in. 2 and 1/2 stars.

I don't think he sounded anything like Pegasus.

You know--to me, the dodgiest part of the entire episode wasn't Brock chasing Ash around, it wasn't TR doing the butt dance...it was Meowth saying that he's spoken for.

I know he has a tendancy to fall in love quite often, but there's only one object of his affections that he mentions on a regular basis--and that's Giovanni. I get the feeling that, when he said that, the Boss got a massive migrane.

(by GOD, I wish the Pokemopolis forums were up! Anyone know what happened to them?)

That episode just got weirder and weirder.

Yeah, where is Pokemopolis?

Great avatar and title, Dogasu. XD

Even the Volbeat had a British accent...

This was a really good episode! And I thought that Romeo was hilarious, cause he was so clumsy! That was so funny! LOL. It was both weird and really funny when Ash agreed to do a favor for May, and then he ended up having to dress up like Juliet. LOL. XD It was really funny when he kept taking his wig off like that! And it was hilarious when Brock thought Ash was the real Juliet! I liked the part when Ash was running from him! LOL. And poor Ash, I feel sorry for him. I mean, everything happens to him, and it seems like he always has to do something that he doesn't wanna do for another character. I don't know, I guess it's because he's the main character. LOL. Anyway, it was really cool that the Illumise and Volbeat were in love! And I really loved the part when Team Rocket took Illumise and all the Volbeat, and then got Ash and Pikachu in that machine too. It was kinda funny that the machine took Ash, cause it must've been really strong in order to do that! LOL. And after the Volbeat that Romeo had used that one attack (forgot what it was) to break up the vacuum thingy, it was really funny when Ash, Pikachu, and all the Pokemon landed, cause they all were dizzy. LOL. XD I loved the part near the end of the episode when Romeo finally said that he liked Juliet, cause then she reminded him of what he said when they were younger, and that they would get married. Oh, and when May said that it was a happy ending, it was really funny when Ash said something like "Hm. Well, it is for most of us". LOL. And I really loved that part at the end when May said that it was the power of love that brought Romeo and Juliet together, and Ash said "Power of love?". Then, May said something like, "Oh, you'll understand when you're older, Ash", and Ash said "Oh boy". LOL. XD And overall, this was a great episode, and it was hilarious all the way through! :-D

Rating: 10 out of 10

Her enthusiasm for every single aspect of every single episode can be daunting.

XD

LOL, everyone.

Originally posted by TK n Happy Ness
Is it me, or does Lisa give every ep a 10/10 no matter how bad other people say it is?
No, I don't really give every episode a 10 out of 10, it just seems like that, cause most of the episodes they're showing now are really good (and I also think the Pokemon Advanced Challenge season is getting better and better with every episode).

By the way, I have given some 9's and even a few 8's to certain episodes. Although, I don't have any examples to give you, cause I don't remember which ones I gave scores like that to....

And I don't know why I'm giving so many 10's now. XD

I guess it's just because I'm a really big Ash fan, and I tend to love all the episodes more than everyone else does because of that. LOL. ^_^

*thinks maybe she should just do reviews and not give any more ratings*

Last edited:
I was SO surprised to see the scene where Satoshi's dressed up like Juliet! And then with Takeshi chasing him like that. I was like, "O_O ...!!!" Surprised they didn't cut it out, but then again, Kojiro crossdresses every other episode (and rather convincingly, I must say, at times.)... It was a really cute episode, but as always, TR gets a bit monotonous, to say the least, at times. But, yes, VERY cute episode, and I felt so bad for Takeshi. He's pretty desperate, so go chasing after Satoshi like that XD

And Satoshi's still as naive about love as ever. It's so cute :3 And I have to say, that I liked Haruka in this episode...she was a lot sweeter than she usually is >.>;; **gets stoned by Haruka fans**

Team Rocket? Monotonous? This episode?

... -_-

You consider Meowth dressing up as a Volbeat, and swaying and singing while dangling from a rope monotonous? You consider Jessie and James dressing up as Volbeat & Illumise and shaking their butts at the camera monotonous? You must have pretty high standards for what you consider hilarious then. :p

Please note: The thread is from 20 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom