• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S07 EP13: Game Winning Assist ・ EP14: Fight for the Meteorite!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Japanese Episode AG 52: "Skitty & Assist! Meadow of Numel"
American Episode 324: "Game Winning Assist"

1127.jpg

Kids' WB!, 8:00am ET
Pokémon Advanced Challenge moves to a new, earlier timeslot this weekend as Ash and the gang approaches a ranch where a bunch of Numel are raised. Team Rocket eyes the pokemon, so, of course, it's up to our heroes to prevent them from taking every last pokemon.

And then, later in the day...

Japanese Episode AG 53: "Once Again, Team Magma vs. Team Aqua! Mt. Chimney Battle!"
American Episode 325: "Fight for the Meteorite!"

1204.jpg

Kids' WB!, 10:00am ET
On the way to Lavaridge City, home of the next Gym Leader, Ash has to pass through Mt. Chimney. However, he gets caught in another conflict between Team Magma and Team Aqua, this time over the meteorite that rests at the mountain! Can Ash and the others make it off the mountain alive?

By the way, One Piece continues on the Fox Box today at 9:30am ET. Today starts the Captain Kuro arc, so be sure to watch it!

Post your thoughts about the episodes here. Please mark any spoilers for episodes not that have yet to air in America in spoiler tags.

James, you're absolutely delusional if you think anyone's going to believe that you had a whole herd of Numel to warm you at night. Maybe one or two, but seriously now...

What were those berries the Numel kept eating? They looked like little pumpkins.

And May...rather than having your damn stupid Skitty use Assist all the time, couldn't you have used your ACTUAL Torchic?

By the way, Dogasu--what's 8 am for you is *yaaaaawn* SEVEN am on the west coast. (Why *do* they put it on at different times, anyway?)

As for the second ep...was it just me, or did Cozmo's accent seem to come and go? It was faint at best, but wasn't it really strong in the games?

And speaking of the games...apparently Harlan and Isabel are no more, having been replaced with...

Tabitha and Shelly.

NoA, was the crack particularly strong that week? Did you get the impression that "Tabitha" was somehow a male name? Did you suffer the delusion that anyone would be INTIMIDATED by it? But what am I saying? Look at what you named the Team LEADERS.

And 4Kids! I'm disappointed in you. You *IMPROVED* their names from the NoA version, and now you have to stoop to their level?

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
By the way, Dogasu--what's 8 am for you is *yaaaaawn* SEVEN am on the west coast. (Why *do* they put it on at different times, anyway?)

Actually, 8:00am for the Eastern US is about 10:00pm Saturday for me here in Japan. So...yeah ^_^

And speaking of the games...apparently Harlan and Isabel are no more, having been replaced with...

Tabitha and Shelly.

NoA, was the crack particularly strong that week? Did you get the impression that "Tabitha" was somehow a male name? Did you suffer the delusion that anyone would be INTIMIDATED by it? But what am I saying? Look at what you named the Team LEADERS.

And 4Kids! I'm disappointed in you. You *IMPROVED* their names from the NoA version, and now you have to stoop to their level?

First Lorelei/Prima, and now Harlan/Tabitha and Isabelle/Shelly?

Well, I suppose that it's good that they're trying to keep some consistency with the video games, but at the same time it's a dumb move. I mean, they already changed the names for "A Three Team Scheme," so why risk confusing those who don't play the games by "correcting" their past mistakes NOW?

Judging from the company's lack of consistency, I'll be that, if the Housou episodes get dubbed for this Pokémon Chronicles show, Brock's mom will remain Brock's mom with no allusion to her being dead from the fifth episode.

Last edited:
And even if you disregard that "Tabitha" is a name commonly given to large fluffy cats (...we happen to HAVE a large fluffy cat with that name), what does it have to do with fire? At least "Shelly" could be like a seashell...

(yes, I'm perfectly aware that neither "Harlan" nor "Isabel" have anything to do with their respective elements. Be quiet)

I thought I heard "Tabitha." I was like, "Why the f*ck do they keep calling that guy 'Tabitha'?" I thought it was some kind of joke.

I prefer Harland :) and Shelly I don't know I'll go back to watching 'The Three Team Scheme' to see how it looks.

Argy said:
I thought I heard "Tabitha." I was like, "Why the f*ck do they keep calling that guy 'Tabitha'?" I thought it was some kind of joke.
When they said that I though I was hearing things.. but now this confirms it!

So it was 'Tabitha'? I figured it was due to the fact I was still half asleep, and had only been woken up a good 4 minutes before "Fight for the Meteorite!" came on. ...Which is probably why I only vaguely remember the episode ^^; I know the guy, and I remember the laser. And Ash out on the rope (along with a few other Ash moments) and....sandwiches. That's about it..

"Game Winning Assist" - This episode was pretty good. It was funny how it came on with everyone running from the Slugma like that. Although, I didn't get to see what Skitty did to the Slugma, cause the stupid station made it come on a few seconds late over here. Anyway, I thought it was cool how May's Skitty learned Assist! And I don't know why, but I can't think of anything else to say about this episode. That's the first time that's happened. Usually, I go on and on about something. LOL. And overall, this episode was pretty good, and I really enjoyed it.

Rating: 9 out of 10

"Fight For The Meteorite" - This episode was really good! And, of course, I loved how it came on, with Ash wanting to get to his gym battle as quickly as possible. And I thought it was so cool to see the cable car from the games! That was great! And it was funny how Team Rocket disguised themselves and managed to get on there too. LOL. It was really funny how Jesse was trying to be their tour guide! XD And what she said about those helicopters when they showed up was hilarious!! I loved the part with the rope, cause I thought they were all gonna go across it like Ash did, but instead Team Rocket jumped on it (which was funny) and the rope broke in two before anyone else could get across. I thought that made it interesting. And it was really funny how, later in the episode, Team Rocket ate with Brock, May, and Max. I thought it was hilarious how Meowth didn't wanna eat with the "enemies", but he ended up doing that anyway. And I also thought it was funny how Professor Cozmo met Ash by running into him like that. LOL. Anyway, I liked that meteorite. It was really cool! And I loved that little conversation that Professor Cozmo had with Ash. That was cool too! Oh, and I thought that it was really weird how they changed Harland's name to Tabitha. Actually, I don't remember if I noticed that. Or, if I did, I probably just thought it was a mistake or something. Anyway, I liked the part when Ash was trying to get the meteorite, and then that guy was gonna stop him by hurting him or something, and Professor Cozmo saved Ash. That was really cool! And I thought it was interesting how Professor Cozmo said that he'd rather have the meteorite be destroyed then let it be in the hands of evil. That was cool! And it was really funny how both Team Magma and Team Aqua thought losing the meteorite wasn't a complete loss for them, cause it was bad for both teams or something (I don't remember why they said it wasn't a complete loss). Oh, and I thought it was really funny how it ended. Although, when Professor Cozmo said that he was gonna let Ash explain to everyone what happened, I wanted to hear how Ash was gonna sum everything up. Oh well. Anyway, it was hilarious when Team Rocket fell down the mountain, and then Ash said something like "I guess Team Rocket decided to go back down the mountain". Then, Max said, "Why'd they go that way?" That was so funny! LOL. XD And overall, this was a really good episode, and it was also interesting, and some of it was even funny too.

Rating: 10 out of 10

Isn't Tabitha the name of the (male) Team Magma member that Ketsuben pairs Ruby up with? (When she isn't pairing him with Wally, that is. ^_~)

I'm pretty sure it is.

The big guy with the wavy hair and cleft chin who looks like the vendor in the 6th movie? According to Serebii, his name is Tabitha. (I haven't played Ruby)

So they got the wrong guy now. But really--TABITHA?!?! Holy crap.

Bluchu said:
Then explain it. :p

Okay, okay, now check this out. In hockey, when you score a goal, you get a goal. Duh! BUT! There are other stats that occur as well when someone scores a goal. The other two teammates who touched the puck before the goal scorer, receives an "assist". And furthermore, when a player scores a goal that turns out to put the team over the top and win the game, he is credited with a "game winning goal" but there's no such thing as a "game winning assist" for someone who got an assist on that goal, so, haha, Game Winning Assist!

uuuhh,sorry...can I post??

I know it´s a il late,but ooh,well...I just wanted to say I loved the episode(fight for the meteorite) and that I...actually...like more the names Tabitha and Shelly!! =O maybe it´s because I´ve played the games first,and I´ve NEVER been able to see A three team schem....and I didn´t know Tabitha was a girl/cat name

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom