• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MAFIA - Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spool

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Spool, if you want to do a start-up, PM me and I can reopen this and sticky this for you. This thread is closed while you're inactive to prevent necroing this thread if you're not ready to host.
-Rayne

JJ2tT.png

LGXq0.jpg

What It Is
Mafia (sometimes called Wolf or Werewolf) is a game where most of the players try to kill a few of the players openly, while at the same time the fewer players try to kill most of players secretly! In more concise terms:
Mafia is a game where two main factions, the townspeople and the mafia try to kill the other off until only one group remains.

The game alternates between two gameplay phases, day and night.
During the day, the entire town (including the mafia) vote on who to lynch. Once enough votes have been gathered, typically 50%+, that player is lynched and night begins. Once a player is lynched, they can no longer post in the thread or communicate via PM/VM/etc with any other player about things they have learned during the game or give advise in general.
During the night phase, all players with night actions send a PM detailing their action to me. The mafia will tell who they want to kill, and any other players, such as doctors or investigators, also send their night actions. I will PM any relevant results back to the respective player and update the thread with the new (if any) dead players.

The game ends when all the mafia are dead, or when the Mafia equal or outnumber the innocents remaining (since they can stuff the ballot and win eventually anyway).

Gameplay Example
Marvin, Arnold, Stephen, Trevor and Francis are playing Mafia. Marvin gets a PM saying he is Mafia.

On Day 1, Arnold votes for Stephen, and the others follow suit. I announce that Stephen has been lynched and reveal he was town, and night begins. Marvin PMs me and says to kill Francis. Since all night actions are done, I update the thread to announce the death and the new day.

On Day 2, only Marvin, Arnold, and Trevor remain. Trevor suspects Arnold is mafia since he was quick to vote for Stephen, and Marvin agrees. I announce that Arnold has been lynched, revealing that he is innocent. Because Marvin and Trevor are the only two players left, Marvin kills Trevor that night, and the mafia wins.

Glossary
General
You don't really need to know these but HERE THEY ARE:
Townspeople: Uninformed, mostly role-less majority of players. Must collect and deduct information to win.
Mafia: Informed minority. Must use deception and subtlety to win.
Lynch: Player death due to daytime voting.
Hit: Player death due to the mafias night decision.
Lynch Candidate: Player with several votes and therefore most at risk currently to squirm, point fingers and bring every remaining vote down on them.
Theory: Logic players give in there posts regarding players and the shape of the game in general
Example: "Since Greg voted for Terry and not Bob and Bob turned out to be mafia and Terry turned out to be town Greg's probably mafia".
Dead-Weight: Player who is not voting or apparently participating. Name given because their presence increases the minimum vote while not contributing towards it, often leading to an impasse between the major Lynch Candidates and possibly a day without a lynch. Since they tend to drag down the game, anyone who does not vote or at least put theory forward will be kicked after 3 consecutive days.
Lynchmob: Mass player voting for 1-2 lynch candidates with little discussion beforehand. Often helpful for securing a vote nearing a deadline or speeding up the game in general, though often leads to the town shooting itself in the foot.
Unique Roles
Most mafia games, including this one, will have several unique roles to spice up gameplay. The most common include:
The Doctor: During night, can save one player from dying. Also known as the Healer or Bodyguard.
The Investigator: During night, can investigate one player. If the the player does nothing, the investigator is told so, if the player does something (ie: saves someone, carries out mob hit) they learn the role of the player and anyone they interacted with. Also known as the Detective or Cop.
The Dancer: Can distract one player per night, canceling their night action (if any) and learning their role. Also known as the Whore or Role Blocker.
The Serial Killer: An independent player who only wins if all other players are dead. Can select one player per night to kill.
And tons more! Depending on the game size, I may add or remove roles as needed to balance the game.

Protips
-The key to winning as either faction may involve manipulating the lynchmob.

-Players can elect to not lynch during any day phase, though generally (especially in the first few days as townspeople are in abundance) lynching is recommended, since it allows for fast-pace games as the town receives twice the information it would normally collect over the same period of time (as they would otherwise learn only night deaths).

-If you are a role-less townie, don't fret! Most games I've played/run have come down to a few smart, logical people who studied the actions and reactions of others to win. Likewise:

-Since there is so little information for the first day or two, don't feel mad if you're voted off at random. Remember our final moments in life are often the sweetest!

Game Details
Players Wanted~~~~~~~~~~~~~8-20

Daytime Length~~~~~~~~~~~~~1 Week or when enough votes have been cast

Nighttime Length~~~~~~~~~~~~3 Days or until all night actions are in unless a player has asked for a delay in advance

Estimated Game Length~~~~~~~~>1 Month

Status of Players
Senzura~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Alive

If their is near unanimous consent to extend the day, I will.

If you have any questions before or during the game, please feel free to PM me or ask below.

Last edited by a moderator:
IM IN!!!

Lol I am a god at mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom