• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon.jp.com B&W and Other Site Updates

Cornbread

...!
Reaction score
Well, the legendaries in the Pokémon games have been escalating in "power" with each generation... first the weather, then the sun and the moon, then the earth and the sea, now time and space?

The question is - where can we go from here? Do you think that Game Freak will try and get even more powerful with legendaries? If so, what is more powerful than time and space?

Or maybe they won't try and trump the last games. Perhaps they'll settle for some other aspect of legendary Pokémon.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Legendaries

I hope to Arceus they don't try to trump them. They don't need to.

and since when were the birds embodiments of weather and Lugia and Ho-oh the sun and moon?

Yeah, they're guardians of the seas and skies.

and since when were the birds embodiments of weather and Lugia and Ho-oh the sun and moon?

It's the whole dichotomy thing they have with each other, basically they are yin and yang. They're not actually embodiments of the sun and moon or day and night.

I'm thinking if we get mind-controlling Legendaries now, it would be wicked. Or cosmic Pokemon that travels through wormholes and do time-travel, a cross of Celebi and Palkia.

I want a Ground/Grass legendary based on the 2,000-year old honey fungus mass in Oregon. It'd have to be bigger than Wailord, and maybe have an underground and overground form (underground just a bunch of mushrooms with eyes or something). It could be the legendary of the life cycle.

I guess it never said that Ho-oh and Lugia were sun and moon but that's how I always thought of it.

They can (and most likely will) top 4th gen legands. Now, what can top god, you ask? Well the answer is obvious:

Inter-dimensional Pokemon. Pokemon so powerful they can travel between different realities etc. In fact, the universe they originate from might have completely different laws of physics than the Pokeverse we know. So maybe they appear fucked up looking in the Pokeverse, perhaps they even have unidentifiable types...

But aren't Palkia, Dialga, Giratina and Darkrai able to move between dimensions? I think that's mentioned many times in the movies... though I guess anime =/= games

well it is mentioned a couple times with Cyrus in the games.

GameFreak, in my opinion, are probably going to have at least one legendary that tries to top Arceus, whether it does or not though, I dunno. If they don't do it in Gen5, then they might in the Gen after that.

I don't know why I'm so certain of this. OTL

I'd like to see more legendaries from Space to be honest. The only Pokemon that really came from Space, were Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Deoxys and Jirachi. And Rayquaza I believe, as it's said in the Destiny Deoxys movie.

If not, then I'd definitely like to see a major grass type. Unless I'm mistaken, Celebi and Shaymin are the only grass type legendaries, and even then, Celebi is part Psychic, and Shaymin can technically be Grass/Flying.

To top Arceus, the pokemon will need to have incubated his egg or whatever...(in the sense of being more...than a god...I think)..

They can (and most likely will) top 4th gen legands. Now, what can top god, you ask? Well the answer is obvious:

Inter-dimensional Pokemon. Pokemon so powerful they can travel between different realities etc. In fact, the universe they originate from might have completely different laws of physics than the Pokeverse we know. So maybe they appear fucked up looking in the Pokeverse, perhaps they even have unidentifiable types...

I fully support Missingno. being the new legendary.

I do too. Hell, I've been campaigning for it since Gen II.

I want a Ground/Grass legendary based on the 2,000-year old honey fungus mass in Oregon. It'd have to be bigger than Wailord, and maybe have an underground and overground form (underground just a bunch of mushrooms with eyes or something). It could be the legendary of the life cycle.

Ah! The scent of originality! I like it!:)

I third the idea that MissingNo should be a legendary. I'm actually sorta surprised that they never came back and tried to legitimize MissingNo in any way considering how popular it is.

Second, I think the only way they can top Arceus is to create some sort of living black hole Pokemon that generates big bangs or some such madness. Then again, that may be a bit too science-y and not enough mystical.

What if it is all anti-universe? Kind of like what you see in tweaking (we don't tweak), but that is the reality. What do you guys think?

Why would they legitimize Missingno.? it was a glitch. Yeah, it was popular, but that doesn't mean squat - if they gave a damn about it being popular, they would have left it in GSC, and in FRLG, and in HGSS. It'd be great for them to throw in a reference to it from an NPC or something, but making it a Pokémon in its own right would be pretty ridiculous. It wouldn't keep its name anyway (if it has a number it can't be "Missingno."), so they might as well make a completely different pixel- or virus-based Pokémon.

Back
Top Bottom