• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia PokéMafia [VILLAGE WIN!] (GAME OVER) mods can close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badal

What the deuce?
Reaction score
PokéMafia

hosted by badalcristiano and coolking49

Welcome to the first mafia game on Bulbagarden forums. Mafia is a game of deception, where there are 3 factions, a village consisting of a majority of the people, and the mafia, consisting of fewer, more powerful people, and they know who is on their team. The village wants to live in peace, and has instituted a new law allowing all living people in the village (mafia or not) to vote for one person to kill. Who ever has the most votes will be killed that day in the most humane way possible. In the night, people are either asleep, or are free to do the dirty business detailed in their role PM. For more details, reading this article on smogon about the Mafia game will help a lot.

An interesting back story: ( well kinda interesting)

Once upon a time, there was a group of Pokémon, flying over the ocean on an Poképlane, some on their way home in the Kanto and Johto, other on a vacation from their native Hoenn . The pokemon quickly became friends and each found they had their own talents. However, soon tragedy struck. The plane began to fall apart, and they were no where near land. Quickly all the flying types departed, fearing for their lives. Left was only the non flyers, strapped onto their parachutes, and with that, they jumped off. All survived, and the passengers landed on a deserted island, seemed like somewhere near Kanto with the amount of heat that was there. Some even started to speculate. The older Pokémon even started spreading rumours that it was the Orange Islands or the Sevii Islands. With little food, and almost no water, it wasn't a good situation. Some pokemon decided to try to stay there, make a boat, and get off the island. Others want to stay on the island, saying it will be an adventure. Some thought that they are better off without the others, and decided to be the only ones off the island. The villagers started to argue over which solution is right, and thus began the start of Pokémafia!

If you would like to enter, post that you'd like to join or something along those lines. Remember, have fun with this, its only a game, and its OK if you lose, so don't spill anything after you are dead. Also, you still win even if you die if your win condition is fulfilled.

Rules:
1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game. There may or may not be a role that allows someone to talk to the dead, so if someone claims to be able to dead talk, please get in touch with badalcristiano or coolking503 and ask if they can.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Night 0, but starting from Day 1 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it to Badalcristiano and Coolking503.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "lynch USER" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. Once there is a majority as determined by the host, there will be a grace period of 3 hours, and if the majority is still in place after said grace period, the day will end. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided a host is there to update). The game will start on Night 0, but deaths CAN happen on Night 0 just like any other night. Please note Badal and I are both in the sme time zone, and thus may not be able to update immediately. You have until we post to edit your lynch vote.

4.5. If there's a tie, both users with the highest amount of votes will be lynched, but no lynch will take place the next day.

5. Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to send your night action. Please state what you are doing in the PM title, it makes it MUCH easier to handle. Remember that PMs are to be sent to badalcristiano AND coolking503.

5.5. If you're not going to do anything at night, send a PM titled "Night X - idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game.

6. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed.

7. This game does not contain items, due to most players assumed to be beginners.

8. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If We notice that you seem to be idle, We reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. We'll most likely nudge first, though.

9. Be careful who you trust. I'm not going to give a real reason as to why, but everyone would do well to be more cautious than normal. Remember, the Mafia groups don't plan on reveling that they are in the mafia (I don't think).

10. Don't believe anything I say, outside of the role PM, until you are dead (for the rule about dead talking). Inspections are not infallible, and logs can be faked.

11. Your PM inbox must have space, because I will be sending you quite a bit of PMs and so will other members. You may want to clear out all old PMs before the game, I'm sure I will.

12. While it is not mandatory, the irc will come in handy during the game, as you can talk to players real time. Badal will set up a channel for the game so people can talk. For IRC help go here. This post will be updated with the details of the IRC channel.

If you have any further questions feel free to VM or PM badalcristiano or coolking503

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: PokéMafia

Entrants
1)Flamesazer
2)RyeKew
3)Gastly's Mama
4)The Golden Tyranitar
5)Music Masato
6)TheProphetJerematic
7)The Fake Psychic
8)Nash
9)TheDarthWater
10)Rocker32703
11)lotuspirate
12)Vayre
13)feng277394
14)Trilobyte
15)Shima
PLEASE DO NOT INFRACT, I HAD PERMISSION FOR THIS. I NEED TO HAVE A SEPARATE POST FOR THE ENTRANTS
Remember: The first 15 members will be picked on first come first serve basis and the next 9 will be picked randomly.

Last edited:

example role pm, so it is easier to fake:

Dear Coolking503,

2.jpg

You are staraptor.

You are a brave bird who is extremely strong and physical. You are friendly at times, but people seem to get intimidated by you, and thus you tend not to make too many friends. Still, you get along fairly well in life, and you are successful enough to get a ticket on a plane this trip (saves you the effort).

As you are a very intimidating being, you may send coolking503 and Badalcristiano a PM every night with the title Night [x], Scaring the heck out of <user>. <user> will be so scared he will not be able to complete his night action, and will go back home to hide with his teddy-ursurang instead. You may not target the same user on consecutive nights, or else they will figure out who you are and spread the tale around to everyone, forcing you to fly away in humiliation (godkilled).

You have a very important role and many evil factions would like to get rid of you, either through the daily lynches or in the night. Be careful who you reveal your identity to, and Good luck.

You are allied with the village, you win if the village eliminates all unfriendly threats.

Please note this is an example role PM, using the structure I used for all other PM's. Also note there is no staraptor actually in the game. So don't claim as one. Good luck to all

Last edited:

come on you guys, we need more than 4 people. Its a really fun strategy game, and honestly it doesn't take too long every day. Just talk to people a bit, and Once you make a decision, post it. Heck, as long as you send your pms in every day and participate in lynches, you are mostly fine. Don't be intimidated by the big rule set. *other encouraging words*. Try it out, seriously, its fun. And its different.

Re: PokéMafia [Sign-ups Open]

18 more. Please don't make me count down. Or bump this every few hours. It doesn't take to long every day, just try it out. I worked really hard (Badal not so much) in making all the role pms and thinking up all the not so basic roles. If any one is more interested about theroles of a common mafia game you can find them here. I think we have most of these and a couple different things, so it isn't too bland. Come and join guys.

edit: ok, the more common roles we have, some we don't.
edit2: awesome its sticky'd. Hopefully more people will join now

Last edited:

Update: We have an IRC channel where you can find out more about the game by asking people/me.
#BMGFbattlers
join it and feel free to ask me.

Looks interesting. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for joining everone, but we still need 15 more people (I could reduce the amount of people, but its more fun with more people and I have written role pms for 23). Everyone wh has joined, tell your friends, tell all the other bmgf'ers, and get the word around. I'm sure If this wasn't at the very bottom of the forum people would see it. Oh well.

coolking, I do not think we should push people to join, they should only join if they wish to join and they find it interesting. Same applies for advertising, if they wish to spread the word, let them, if they feel that its good enough to allow the spread of word then they should, but we shouldn't tell them to.

I'll try it, I kinda like the idea. I'm still confused somewhat, but I'll understand after we play for a while. I'll see if I can get a friend or 2 to come by.

If you have any questions you can post them here or talk to Badal or me. Thanks for joining guys, keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom