• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S07 EP25: Gulpin it Down

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Japanese Episode AG 64: "The Great Gulpin Repelling Strategy!"
American Episode 336: "Gulpin' it Down"

0226.jpg

Kids' WB!, 10:00am ET
Ash and the gang come across a town overrun by Gulpin! Working with a Gulpin expert, the gang participates in a number of strategies to rid the town of the poison-types, including a showdown by a Godzilla-sized Treecko and Gulpin!

Post your thoughts about the episodes here. Please mark any spoilers for episodes not that have yet to air in America in spoiler tags.

I seem to be the first one to reply to these review threads. I dunno why. Well anyway, I'm highly impressed, the episodes like the True Blue Swablu and this are getting pretty good. For "fillers", they're really exciting and worth watching. The only thing bad about this episode is that when Gulpin grew giant, it's cry nearly made my stomach leap. But something I found weird. One second Treecko is bigger than the tallest buildings, next minute he's smaller than the short buildings. Maybe it's just me.

For once, I found Officer Jenny hot. I'm usually after Joy but Jenny turned me on. And I think May had a little crush on Jenny because she remarked something about her battling in a way that Misty remarked about Prima. Wow! I need to think of a good name for that shipping though.

To me, this episode brought back memories of the old Kanto days. For some reason, it seemed to me, to be kind of like a crossover between "The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis" and "Sparks Fly For Magnemite". ^^

Giant Gulpin = great fun. Gulpin was actually a little bit cute. Kind of.

WTF was with the Professor's name? Jacuzzi? What kind of a name is that? XD

Was I the only one who found it hysterical that he was launching Gulpin into the sky? I would love to see the looks on the faces of random people when Gulpin start falling out of the sky in some distant town. I'll bet the trainers'll have a field day with that one.

Fun little episode, though not the best ever. It would have been a pretty average filler, but the giant-icizing of Gulpin and Treecko was quite surprising.

Originally posted by YumeHeart
To me, this episode brought back memories of the old Kanto days. For some reason, it seemed to me, to be kind of like a crossover between "The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis" and "Sparks Fly For Magnemite". ^^

Yeah, that's what it seemed like to me too!

LOL.

XD

Anyway, here's my review of this episode:

I thought this episode was pretty good! And I thought it was funny how, at the beginning, not even Max or Brock knew what Pokemon that Gulpin was (usually, one of them does know the Pokemon of the day), and no one knew what Pokemon it was, until Ash used his Pokedex on it. That was really funny! LOL. XD. And I thought it was interesting how they had evacuated everyone in the town, so no one was there except for Ash and everyone (and Professor Jacuzzi, Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, and Team Rocket). Anyway, I liked how they let Ash and everyone stay there, because they were tired from traveling on their journey. That was cool! Anyway, I thought it was kinda weird how all of those Gulpin just kept eating all the food in that town. And I thought it was really funny how that guy who studied the Gulpin was named Professor Jacuzzi! LOL. XD Anyway, I liked how he made a Pokeblock just for the Gulpin, and how they got a lot of the Gulpin out of the town just by using the Pokeblock. That was really cool! And I also liked how his machine took the Gulpin, and threw them far away from the town. That was cool too! And I also thought it was cool how they got rid of all the Gulpin that way, except for that one Gulpin. I liked the part when that machine made both the Gulpin and Ash's Treecko get really big. That was awesome! And I really liked seeing them battle like that! It was so cool! And I thought it was funny how Ash had to use a megaphone to tell Treecko its attacks. LOL. XD Anyway, I thought it was interesting how dodging that last Spit Up attack Gulpin used made Treecko go back to its normal size. That was cool! And I thought it was funny how Professor Jacuzzi had to catch the Gulpin with a Heavy Ball, cause it was too big for a Pokeball. LOL. Oh, and I thought it was really funny how he thought it would be back to its normal size, just like Treecko was, but when it came out of the Heavy Ball, it was still huge. XD And overall, I thought this episode was pretty good, and it had a lot of really cool and interesting parts too! ^_^

Rating: 9 out of 10

Last edited:
Holy crap, this ep kinda sucked. Except for Wobbuffet. I'm all about the wobbuffet.

nekusagi-chan said:
Holy crap, this ep kinda sucked.
So I wasn't the only one to think so....

Liked: Now I know what Stockpile and Spit Up looks looks like. And ghost towns are fun. The Gulpin tried to eat Ash-tachi! (Not that I want them to be eaten, I just thought it was kind of funny.) I also like the way Professor Jacuzzi looks. He's interesting.

Disliked: Professor Jacuzzi (whose original name is Shakuji)'s voice. I don't quite know why, but every time that man opened his mouth, I wanted to curse. Then there was that "mach 3" thing. "Launches them away at mach 3" my foot. This episode gave me almost as bad a feeling as Throwing in the Noctowl, but not nearly as bad. Aargh.

nekusagi-chan said:
WTF was with the Professor's name? Jacuzzi? What kind of a name is that? XD
It's close to his Japanese name, Shakuji. ("Jacuzzi" is actually ジャクージ, or "jakuuji".)

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom