• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

7 Star Mewtwo Raid

Claire386

Fairy Tamer
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
This raid is pretty hard, but I beat him twice so far. Has anyone else beat the 7 star Mewtwo raid? What did you think of it and what did you use? c:

I put this in the general Tera Raid thread, but it's so insane I think it's worth a repost here. I think I might have just beaten the raid with a glitch.

I'd saddled my Dark Tera-type Mew with Calm Mind, Aura Sphere, and Imprison, in addition to Crunch. I thought I could block Mewtwo from using Calm Mind and Aura Sphere with Imprison, then discovered too late that Imprison doesn't work in raid battles. Now VERY much regretting having dragged other people into my experiment, I resolved to support the others as best I could through Crunch chip damage and support cheers, while fully expecting to lose. Things went better than I expected, and we managed to knock out the Tera Shield. Mewtwo then used Rest...

...and nothing happened.

The text "Mewtwo used Rest" appeared on the screen, but Mewtwo never fell asleep, and his lifebar never filled up. I was sure it was some kind of lag. I'd run out of cheers, so I kept spamming Crunch, fully expecting the lifebar to fill up at any moment. It never did. I kept hitting, everyone else kept hitting, and we KO'd Mewtwo with mere moments left on the timer. "Oh, my gosh."

Right at that moment, my sister came downstairs and heard me. "Did you do it?!"

"Yeah, but it...oh, my gosh. I think it was a glitch." Rambling and trying to explain what had just happened, I clicked on a Premier Ball and poof, Mewtwo was mine.

I'm still in shock. I have no idea what happened. But I will cherish my Mewtwo of ridiculous good fortune forever.

Even if my Mew is prepared, I don't really see myself winning and capturing Mewtwo until at least The Teal Mask is released as I have to rely on inviting the public into my raids, and you risk having to cancel your lobby because someone locked in with something other than Mew or Spiritomb. My first attempt... was a total disaster with a time-out with Mewtwo at 99.5% health left.

I'm not going to give up, though. I'll probably join someone else's lobby through Reddit with my Mew as a support party member.

I put this in the general Tera Raid thread, but it's so insane I think it's worth a repost here. I think I might have just beaten the raid with a glitch.

I'd saddled my Dark Tera-type Mew with Calm Mind, Aura Sphere, and Imprison, in addition to Crunch. I thought I could block Mewtwo from using Calm Mind and Aura Sphere with Imprison, then discovered too late that Imprison doesn't work in raid battles. Now VERY much regretting having dragged other people into my experiment, I resolved to support the others as best I could through Crunch chip damage and support cheers, while fully expecting to lose. Things went better than I expected, and we managed to knock out the Tera Shield. Mewtwo then used Rest...

...and nothing happened.

The text "Mewtwo used Rest" appeared on the screen, but Mewtwo never fell asleep, and his lifebar never filled up. I was sure it was some kind of lag. I'd run out of cheers, so I kept spamming Crunch, fully expecting the lifebar to fill up at any moment. It never did. I kept hitting, everyone else kept hitting, and we KO'd Mewtwo with mere moments left on the timer. "Oh, my gosh."

Right at that moment, my sister came downstairs and heard me. "Did you do it?!"

"Yeah, but it...oh, my gosh. I think it was a glitch." Rambling and trying to explain what had just happened, I clicked on a Premier Ball and poof, Mewtwo was mine.

I'm still in shock. I have no idea what happened. But I will cherish my Mewtwo of ridiculous good fortune forever.
Haha it does sound like you won due to a bug! I beat Mewtwo after resting 3 times total and beat him once without the rest. It's definitely a tough raid but I've found what works best is a team of bug mews spamming struggle bug, acid spray and life dew with one mew also using Swords Dance and Leech Life. This keeps his special attack super low even after all the calm minds and the leech life Mew is the one that deals the big damage which helps prevent time-out loses.

Even if my Mew is prepared, I don't really see myself winning and capturing Mewtwo until at least The Teal Mask is released as I have to rely on inviting the public into my raids, and you risk having to cancel your lobby because someone locked in with something other than Mew or Spiritomb. My first attempt... was a total disaster with a time-out with Mewtwo at 99.5% health left.

I'm not going to give up, though. I'll probably join someone else's lobby through Reddit with my Mew as a support party member.

I definitely understand this too, like, when you're playing on wifi you're almost guaranteed to play with inxperienced partners. This is why I never accept a raid until everyone else enters with Mew first, because all it takes is one bad Pokemon choice to make winning these raids practically impossible and sadly there's no way to forfeit or surrender a raid battle.

Sorry to post two messages I'm really struggling with this multi-quote thing.

I tried it today and "won" in my second attempt. My appreciation is that Mewtwo is actually more deffensive than offensive, so if you get your Mew to decent levels it will take a while before it faints, so you have some room to set up what you need to.

My first attempt was a disaster, we barely made a dent on it. We were 3 Mew and a Clodsire. I set up Psychic Terrain but some just spammed Nasty Plot until it was too late.

In my second attempt we were all Mews. We won thanks to them actually, they had Bug Tera Type and some of their Struggle Bug moves hit surprisingly hard, but I wasn't much of a load as I only fainted like once or twice. One advice is that if you feel you can't do much damage on a certain turn use a Cheer instead, the other players will appreciate it.

I tried it today and "won" in my second attempt. My appreciation is that Mewtwo is actually more deffensive than offensive, so if you get your Mew to decent levels it will take a while before it faints, so you have some room to set up what you need to.

My first attempt was a disaster, we barely made a dent on it. We were 3 Mew and a Clodsire. I set up Psychic Terrain but some just spammed Nasty Plot until it was too late.

In my second attempt we were all Mews. We won thanks to them actually, they had Bug Tera Type and some of their Struggle Bug moves hit surprisingly hard, but I wasn't much of a load as I only fainted like once or twice. One advice is that if you feel you can't do much damage on a certain turn use a Cheer instead, the other players will appreciate it.
This makes sense. I'm usually one of the Mews that pretty much never dies cause I play defensively (lots of struggle bug + life dew + cheer) and don't tera until I'm ready to really start attacking. Some players tera too early and get destroyed by Psystrike!

I honestly can't imagine beating this raid without bug tera Mews. Like I know it's possible to win without them, but they're just so useful.

Edit: The best set is Adamant nature and 252 HP/Atk EVs with Struggle Bug, Swords Dance, Leech Life and Life Dew with Metronome or Shell Bell.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this would be the right thread for me to ask, but is possible to get someone to help me with the Mewtwo Raid? I tried doing it a few times with my Mew solo using a guide online, but the raid is way too rng based for solo and the Legendary is a giant pain to fight.

not even sure if this raid is worth it beyond bragging rights.

if anyone has swsh and also has access to crown tundra, it's much more worth it to shiny hunt mewtwo there instead. s: idk, that's just me, though. if someone is going to go through all the hard effort to capture mewtwo, it'd better be for a shiny one.

I'm not sure if this would be the right thread for me to ask, but is possible to get someone to help me with the Mewtwo Raid? I tried doing it a few times with my Mew solo using a guide online, but the raid is way too rng based for solo and the Legendary is a giant pain to fight.
I might be able to help if you send me a message. I actually find the raid pretty easy just as long as there are 4 players using near identical Mew sets. Although I did beat him with 3 players yesterday. It's definitely annoying how few viable options you can use to beat him lol.

I think what works the best so far is having a Mew with struggle bug, SD, leech life and either life dew, mud slap, light screen or misty terrain, but I've seen a lot of support mews with a few of those last moves on the same set too.

It's a bit absurd, not so much Mewtwo specifically but how the raid mechanics affected it.

There is a Youtube video guide for a strategy to solo it with a specific Mew build but it is more or less pure RNG based and gave me hell like I had murdered its wife.

I managed to defeat it the one time, to capture it with a competent all Mew player group that could last the whole time with no faints and had at least one that spammed struggle bug but it wasn't the first time I had scored such a group. Even then the time limit and inability to restore PP was still able to screw me over at least twice prior.

FYI, I had the Mew build in the video, the same Youtuber opened a brief window where he gave them out through bot trades (and they were guaranteed shiny) but that struggle bugger was still important because it was the only way Mewtwo didn't 3 shot me at most. There was another one in my group as well.

It was worth having to rush through end and postgame to make the deadline as much as I did not like it, Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon.

Last edited:
It's a bit absurd, not so much Mewtwo specifically but how the raid mechanics affected it.

There is a Youtube video guide for a strategy to solo it with a specific Mew build but it is more or less pure RNG based and gave me hell like I had murdered its wife.

I managed to defeat it the one time, to capture it with a competent all Mew player group that could last the whole time with no faints and had at least one that spammed struggle bug but it wasn't the first time I had scored such a group. Even then the time limit and inability to restore PP was still able to screw me over at least twice prior.

FYI, I had the Mew build in the video, the same Youtuber opened a brief window where he gave them out through bot trades (and they were guaranteed shiny) but that struggle bugger was still important because it was the only way Mewtwo didn't 3 shot me at most. There was another one in my group as well.

It was worth having to rush through end and postgame to make the deadline as much as I did not like it, Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon.
Interesting! I heard about the solo raid build, but I always preferred online personally cause I love teaming up with people. I didn't click the video yet but I'm assuming it's the bulk up set.

Also I'm guessing you ran out of pp for leech life?? I did too so I used a bunch of pp ups on it. ): I didn't realize at first that it only had 10 pp before the vitamins. x_x

I got lucky. While I was at a gaming convention earlier today, I reunited with some players from an earlier anime convention and they decided to help me raid Mewtwo, even giving me pointers for my Mew. We did the raid with our four Mew, mine being a support party member (Light Screen/Snarl/Shadow Ball) and won.

I'm forever grateful for them for helping me to defeat and capture Mewtwo after countless failed attempts online. And now, I can focus on the next hard quest: Shiny Munchlax through the Ogre Outstin'

Also I'm guessing you ran out of pp for leech life?? I did too so I used a bunch of pp ups on it. ): I didn't realize at first that it only had 10 pp before the vitamins. x_x
Yes, that was it indeed. It was so frustrating because I would have it down to one or two HP and couldn't do anything but wait for the time to run out and my teammates didn't do anything but raise their stats as though perhaps, they ran out of offensive PP as well.

I wanted to use PP ups/maxes but had none on me and didn't know where to find them.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom