• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Suzuran Conference information revealed: More information about Satoshi vs. Shinj

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New Suzuran Conference information revealed: More information about Satoshi vs. Shinji battle

A magazine scan has revealed the Pokemon both Satoshi and Shinji will be using during their battle in the Suzuran Conference.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: New Suzuran Conference information revealed: More information about Satoshi vs. S

Wow. Paul's team is weird.

Re: New Suzuran Conference information revealed: More information about Satoshi vs. S

Isn't this news very old?

Paul already had a lot of Pokémon shown in earlier episodes that he could have used. Why Gastrodon and Froslass? At least Paul expressed interest in a Drapion before.

EDIT: Rafia, yesh this is old. Bulbanews is turning into "Yesteryear's News" =3

Paul is only using 1-2 Pokemon that we've seen him use before. Electivire and Ninjask, yes you can count Drapion. But Froslass, Gastrodon, and Aggron are brand new for him.

^he had a lairon in his match against brendon, so aggron isn't brand new.

I smell a lame battle, a cliffhanger where Satoshi is about to lose, but then BAM! A new epsiode comes on and Satoshi suddenly wins and he and his group celebrate with another epsiode filler!

Paul already had a lot of Pokémon shown in earlier episodes that he could have used. Why Gastrodon and Froslass? At least Paul expressed interest in a Drapion before.

It's only because you people who saw it first didn't want to write an article. The news will be current when people who see the news first take it upon themselves to write about it.

Note the "late" in the article. :D

Last time I tried to write an article...what a pain that was xD

Still...I wonder why the writers chose to give Paul Gastrodon and Froslass. What about Torterra and Honchkrow?

EDIT: ...There is no "Late" mark on this article. There was on another I saw yesterday...can't remember what that one was.

Why Buizel? If Ash'd just call to have his Charizard sent to him, he could toast Paul in an instant.

I wonder why Paul isn't using some of his more familiar ones. Torterra is his first and strongest, and he has Weavile for Ice. Infernape and Ursaring seem to be bitter rivals. And whatever happend to his Gliscor?

Paul's team was unexpected. I never thought of him as the person to use any of those Pokemon; They seemed odd for him. Then again he doesn't care much for anything but power.

Why Buizel? If Ash'd just call to have his Charizard sent to him, he could toast Paul in an instant.

That's been brought up many times over the years, but what would be the point of it? Paul wouldn't be impressed, instead he would ridicule Ash for using his "weak" Pokemon through Sinnoh instead of powerful ones like Charizard. So Ash battling Paul with his older Pokemon would prove nothing to him.

That's been brought up many times over the years, but what would be the point of it? Paul wouldn't be impressed, instead he would ridicule Ash for using his "weak" Pokemon through Sinnoh instead of powerful ones like Charizard. So Ash battling Paul with his older Pokemon would prove nothing to him.

They'd help Ash win, that's what it'd do. Even though he will anyway, I'm sure many of us would like to see Charizard again. Who else agrees?

And again, Paul. If Ash's going to use his familiar Sinnoh team, why won't he? Instead we have this mash-up power team, some of which are new to us (I don't remember Paul actually catching that Drapion, and Ninjask was just a flashback. I never expected it to be seen again.)

And how many times is this "Bulbabot" going to make this same thread (four times as of now)? Shouldn't there be someone around closing duplicates, or something?

They'd help Ash win, that's what it'd do. Even though he will anyway, I'm sure many of us would like to see Charizard again. Who else agrees?

Except the writers don't actually care about "helping Ash win" (if they wanted to, dues ex machinas would be in order...), or fanservice for older fans who care more about Ash's previous powerhouses.

No. Instead, they apparently want Ash to have this climatic battle using the Pokémon he has obtained and trained with for the past saga. They even brought Gliscor back for this important and decisive battle against Paul.

Since it's almost the beginning of a new saga, it would be kind of an insult to his Sinnoh team if he used his other Pokémon for this important (They haven't really confirmed who won have they?)

I smell a lame battle, a cliffhanger where Satoshi is about to lose, but then BAM! A new epsiode comes on and Satoshi suddenly wins and he and his group celebrate with another epsiode filler!
Actually, from what was translated before, (No I don't have the link) Satoshi was in the lead against Shinji, before Drapion comes out.

Glad to at least see Ninjask though.

So Paul did keep Ninjask and Lairon/Aggron after all. I would have loved it if Paul used his own Torterra and Gliscor against Ash.

So Paul did keep Ninjask and Lairon/Aggron after all. I would have loved it if Paul used his own Torterra and Gliscor against Ash.

Me too. But Torterra would'nt fit in well and who knows where his Gliscor is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom