• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

77th, 78th Best Wishes episodes revealed: Hachiku to make his anime debut

Status
Not open for further replies.
DP had a rushed conclusion. I really do think Ash Vs. Paul was intended to be the finals. Cynthia constantly reminded Ash that they will battle in the Champion league.

DP had a rushed conclusion. I really do think Ash Vs. Paul was intended to be the finals. Cynthia constantly reminded Ash that they will battle in the Champion league.
Because Cynthia can see into the future, so she knew Ash would win? I saw that more as her egging him on to get as far as he can.

Going back to BW, the only reason I see for having a Champion League this time around is that all of the current rivals well...suck. Trip has lost to not only Cilan, but Bianca (not to mention his lack of any real solid rivalry with Ash). However, I'd say that's more a mistake of the writing team than any kind of foreshadowing. Hopefully Tepig's original trainer turns out to be a complete douchebag and a recurring character, so Ash can have someone he wants to beat in the Unova league who hasn't been beaten by a fair few of the current main characters already.

I do think BW is going a little too fast, but it's not that much of a big deal considering B2W2 will probably put another chapter in the BW series.

Brycen already? Wow, the writers have wasted no time with getting Ash between Driftveil and Icirrus City have they? So does that mean he'll either lose to Brycen, resulting in a training arc, there'll be a long gap between Gyms 7/8 or between Gym 8 and the Elite 4?

Fantastic to see Ash meeting Tepig's original trainer. I'm guessing this will be the episode where it evolves into Pignite?

Given that iirc, B2W2 is coming out in June, they do need to wrap up the story.

Brycen already? Wow, the writers have wasted no time with getting Ash between Driftveil and Icirrus City have they? So does that mean he'll either lose to Brycen, resulting in a training arc, there'll be a long gap between Gyms 7/8 or between Gym 8 and the Elite 4?

Fantastic to see Ash meeting Tepig's original trainer. I'm guessing this will be the episode where it evolves into Pignite?

Given that iirc, B2W2 is coming out in June, they do need to wrap up the story.
The anime is not an adaptation of the game story; it is merely Ash's own journey through the Unova region. Black 2/White 2 will also most likely still be set in Unova and as all of the current Gym Leaders have appeared or are set to appear, there's no room to just shoe horn one of the new B2W2 Gym Leaders (if there are any) into the series.

Besides, the Advanced Generation series only (poorly) told Ruby and Sapphire's plot, Diamond and Pearl series only told the DP story (Mount Coronet only featured Dialga and Palkia and there was no distortion world with Giratina).

Well like I said the Champion league is the only option. Iris barely gets any screentime as is so there's nothing she can do to extend the plot.

Iris barely gets any screentime as is so there's nothing she can do to extend the plot.
I think you're kinda exaggerating.

When you take into account how much backstory she had revealed, how much she developed and what else is waiting for in Openlucid - she really did get more than Cilan anyway. But I guess that the Openlucid plot won't last that long, unless writers decided to go for something completely different. BW2 games are such a mystery, God knows what's waiting for us.

Some people think that a Champion League would prolong Best Wishes by two years. Go figure.

I seriously don't think we're gonna get a "Champion League". I really don't understand why few people harp on this so much.

Well like I said the Champion league is the only option. Iris barely gets any screentime as is so there's nothing she can do to extend the plot.
No it is not, you said the same thing about DP. Champion League aint happening. Yeah, we don't know what's in store for Iris.

Because the writers were the one to bring it up? Where else do you think the concept came from?

I don't think that the Champion League is all that unlikely, to be honest. We had Looker, so Cynthia is could appear as well.

Because the writers were the one to bring it up? Where else do you think the concept came from?

And treated as a throwaway comment that barely got any screen time and was only done for the sake of telling us Flint got his rematch against Cynthia and once again lost.

That's funny, because I didn't even mention Iris and no one else mentioned Iris.

A Champion League is not the only option. In fact, it's probably the most unlikely option at this stage. Ash currently has six badges - by that time in the DP series, Ash had already met Lucian, Aaron and Cynthia (Lucian being as early back as episode 35, with Cynthia only 5 episodes later). Besides, even if we do have a Champion League; that most likely won't fill up all of the time between now and Gen VI's predicted release next year - there are still around 70 episodes to go, yet Ash already has six badges (Although we know Brycen is appearing, I doubt he'll be battled in this episode).

So far, there has been no hype at all about a Champion League in Unova other than the standard "At least 1 Elite 4 member showing up" with Alder's appearances in one episode and a flashback.

They mentioned the champion league in Adeku's ep.

They mentioned the champion league in Adeku's ep.
I know, I acknowledged that:
So far, there has been no hype at all about a Champion League in Unova other than the standard "At least 1 Elite 4 member showing up" with Alder's appearances in one episode and a flashback.

Other than that, there has been no serious mention of the Champion League. Until we see more members of the Elite 4 or hear more hype about the Champion League or Elite 4, there's more of a chance of Iris actually becoming a dragon master...simply because her goal has been mentioned more than once and she has been seen taking care of more than one dragon type in the series.

Last edited:
Trip is a Rocky, guy's
He shouldn't be a Main rival.
However , This new guy call Suwama , He should be Ash's ''Ursula like'' Evil rival who later seek Revenge on Ash, Not a Main Rival !
Honestly , I don't agree with ''The Concept Of Main Rival''
Ash need to have a lot of rival But he Doesn't always need to have a Main Rival !
DOES ASH REALLY NEED TO HAVE A MAIN RIVAL FROM THE BEGINING WHO AROUND HIS AGE AND WHO WILL BE STRONGER THEN ASH UNTIL HE BEAT HIM IN A LEAGUE !
What , There will be no competition without main rival ? All other Big shot Sport Anime has a main rival ?
Then please tell me here-
-Who's the main rival in ''Prince of Tennis'' ?
-Who's The Main Rival in ''Yugioh ?
-Who's the main Rival in Beybalde original series ?
Those anime has much better competition then Pokemon but they always doesn't have a character around the Main character's age who better then him and the Main character beat him in a showdown at the End of The series !
A lot of Rival does appear to be better then main character at first but after a SHORT while they get beaten by the main Character. We don't have to wait until 3 season to see that character to get beaten .(Like the case with Paul & Gary)
''Main Rival'' would make more sense if Ash had a crush on a girl to happen to be interested in the Main Rival !
But , Something like this will never happen , Isn't !
Honestly , There no need to ether turn Trip or Suwama into Ash's main rival or create a another main rival.
Instate, After Ash get 8 badge, He should get challenge by a older & Mysterious trainer who outmatch him and told him there are a lot of strong trainer like him in unova League !
Ash get's Motivated , He goes though Special Training , Face the guy again in Final & Beat him.
Then He goes to champion league but lose. However a Big ''Champion league tournament'' is set a happen where all E4 ,Champion and Former League winner gonna battle And Ash was allowed to enter So he enter the tournamnet , Met Hilda & N as former league winner, Find Out N's Plan , Fought him in his castle, Become Zekrem patner , Become a Hero !
We can't call that main rivalry that way but it much better then ether Trip or Suwama as Ash's main rival
He doesn't need to have a superior Rival from the start of the series.

-PS : By the Way , I don't know what to Discuss here !
The Episode has their own Discussion thread but This thread is about the news of those Episode.
I read a lot of people talking about Ash's rival, B2W2 & Champion league which has no connection with ether the news or episode So I Decide to express My own thought as Suwama as Ash's main rival or Is there any need of a main rival or How the Champion league should handle etc in here !
Is This consider spaming

The Holy Mountain of Ulgamoth sounds awesome. I love Ulgamoth. <3 And while I'm not as fond of Hachiku as I am of Yacon, I still like him and I'm still excited to see the kind of personality Hachiku will bring.

And I'm glad they're coming back to Pokabu's abandonment backstory after so long without really referencing it. hopefully someday we'll get to meet Tsutarja's old trainer that she left?

-PS : By the Way , I don't know what to Discuss here !
The Episode has their own Discussion thread but This thread is about the news of those Episode.
I read a lot of people talking about Ash's rival, B2W2 & Champion league which has no connection with ether the news or episode So I Decide to express My own thought as Suwama as Ash's main rival or Is there any need of a main rival or How the Champion league should handle etc in here !
Is This consider spaming

Please do not go into off-topic discussion like "who should be Ash's main rival" etc. It doesn't have anything to do with the article.

As long as it is related to the stuff mentioned in the article. Take it as a general discussion thread for both eps, the one in the anime section is for the discussion related to that particular episode only.

Also, try to avoid going into way too off-topic discussions, respect others' opinions and play nice!

Last edited:
I really wish the guy that abandoned Tepig is in fact the exact same dick that abandoned Charmander.
A quick flashback reveals he has been systematically abandoning fire starters in every known region of the pokemon world.

In revealing this, he challenges Ash using his pokemon that he finally deems worthy of his greatness. Only to realise I has no pokemon on him whatsoever. A nearby pokemon tied to a tree facepalms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom