• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

77th, 78th Best Wishes episodes revealed: Hachiku to make his anime debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
77th, 78th Best Wishes episodes revealed: Hachiku to make his anime debut

The 77th and 78th episodes of Pocket Monsters Best Wishes!, 「炎のメモリー!ポカブVSエンブオー!!」 Flaming Memories! Pokabu VS Enbuoh!! and 「ハチク登場!ウルガモスの聖なる山」 Hachiku Appears! The Holy Mountain of Ulgamoth!!, are scheduled to premiere on May 3 and 10, respectively.

Read more on Bulbanews

Brycen already? Wow, the writers have wasted no time with getting Ash between Driftveil and Icirrus City have they? So does that mean he'll either lose to Brycen, resulting in a training arc, there'll be a long gap between Gyms 7/8 or between Gym 8 and the Elite 4?

Fantastic to see Ash meeting Tepig's original trainer. I'm guessing this will be the episode where it evolves into Pignite?

They're really rushing themselves to get the leaders done for BW2 in my opinion. It was a good sigh of relief when BW2 was confirmed as it sure explained what the hell they were doing with the first half of Best Wishes xD

I don't think we'll have anymore long gaps for a while.

They're really rushing themselves to get the leaders done for BW2 in my opinion. It was a good sigh of relief when BW2 was confirmed as it sure explained what the hell they were doing with the first half of Best Wishes xD

I don't think we'll have anymore long gaps for a while.
The only gap in the story would probably before the league sometime in late July. Only time before it would be to seperate whatever the hell they plan on doing with plasma, and that's if they do anything.

Or may be, they are rushing so that they can wrap up Isshu league soon asap and Ash can start wandering around in a new region (Plasma, Shadow Triad, E4 etc) ---> B2/W2.

But I'm kinda excited to see Brycen :) I wonder how they'll portray him

And we get to see who abandoned pokabu XDD

Looking at it, if we assume that Gen VI's primary pair will come out in Japan on 15th September 2013 (the second week of September, like most main series game), then that leaves another 70 episodes. Now, there could be another 50+ episode gap between Gyms 7 and 8 like there was in Sinnoh, or we could see an after Pokémon League arc in Unova. For example, if Black 2/White 2 introduces a Battle Frontier, then Ash, Iris and Cilan could travel around Eastern Unova (with the facilities spread around Lacunosa Town, Undella Town etc) or there could be a short arc where they travel to a new area that B2W2 introduces.

Considering how many rivals we have in Best Wishes, I do hope that the Pokémon League is longer than the average 8 episodes though.

Looking at it, if we assume that Gen VI's primary pair will come out in Japan on 15th September 2013 (the second week of September, like most main series game), then that leaves another 70 episodes. Now, there could be another 50+ episode gap between Gyms 7 and 8 like there was in Sinnoh, or we could see an after Pokémon League arc in Unova. For example, if Black 2/White 2 introduces a Battle Frontier, then Ash, Iris and Cilan could travel around Eastern Unova (with the facilities spread around Lacunosa Town, Undella Town etc) or there could be a short arc where they travel to a new area that B2W2 introduces.

Considering how many rivals we have in Best Wishes, I do hope that the Pokémon League is longer than the average 8 episodes though.

Considering they will likely have Ash go to Eastern Unova after the league, I don't see it being a whole new region with new facilities. This isn't Battle Frontier.

I don't understand why people WANT Unova to be long. There are no Contests and if it was as long as Sinnoh was we'd be seeing through never-ending god awful fillers that would bring the anime back down to Johto levels. The only reason DP got away with its length is due to the amount of important events happening in it.

Considering they will likely have Ash go to Eastern Unova after the league, I don't see it being a whole new region with new facilities. This isn't Battle Frontier.
I never said it would be another region with facilities. I said they would EITHER go to a new post-game area (not region) introduced in B2W2
OR
Go to Eastern Unova, but have the Battle Frontier (if there is one), spread across the various towns there, to give them an excuse to travel around it.

There has to be a reason for Ash & co to travel around Eastern Unova but right now, looking at the BW games, there isn't one (hell, was there even a reason for the players of the BW games?)

I don't understand why people WANT Unova to be long. There are no Contests and if it was as long as Sinnoh was we'd be seeing through never-ending god awful fillers that would bring the anime back down to Johto levels. The only reason DP got away with its length is due to the amount of important events happening in it.
I never said I wanted it to be long. All I'm saying is, the anime series' are timed in relation to the release of the games, so the anime will be stretched out in some way until Ash can go to the Gen VI region.

Some people think that a Champion League would prolong Best Wishes by two years. Go figure.
Shame that we haven't even seen a single member of the Unova Elite 4 yet, other than the Champion. If the anime team was going to do a Champion League, DP was the season to do it - and yet they didn't.

They certainly won't do another BF after they skipped the last one and I doubt BW2 will have new Gym leaders. At least certainly not 8 new ones.

I think that whatever new content that BW2 adds will be adapted to the anime in some way. They probably will continue the fast pace so they can start focusing on a filler like arc after the league.

Conversely, they could do a long filler with BW2 content right after the 8th Gym and then finish the Unova league next year before Gen 6.

They certainly won't do another BF after they skipped the last one and I doubt BW2 will have new Gym leaders. At least certainly not 8 new ones.
Even if B2W2 has new Gym Leaders, all of the BW Gym Leaders have appeared in the anime, so it's not like the writers can do a Juan and randomly put them in (despite having them use the previous gym leader's team).

Sure, not doing the Battle Frontier for Sinnoh was a pretty stupid move (Especially considering Caitlin) but what else can they do? If Ash is to go to towns in Eastern Unova, he needs a reason to do so. IF B2W2 has a Battle Frontier, there's a good chance it will be that. If B2W2 has something different instead, there's a chance it will be that.

I personally don't think that Flaming Memories necessarily implies Tepig's original trainer, but its quite likely. I reckon Tepig will lose at least once in this ep, and if he is to win, should at least evolve or learn an awesome move. A possibility of Bianca comes to mind... and quickly dies. A new rival for Ash would interest me because so far Trip has done nothing worthy of a true rival since BW011 and the others don't have large enough teams to make a 6 on 6 feasible for the league besides maybe Bianca. I would love to see a personality change if Tepig does evolve and it should be ridiculously optimistic in my opinion.

Brycen appearing doesn't interest me that much after all the times we saw Clay and got nothing. It will be interesting to see how the anime portrays his character, hopefully not in the same way that the games do. I think that a battle with Iris might be possible here, or maybe with Georgia considering her Beartic and lack of screentime.

@BlazeMaster - The blurb that confirmed the appearance of Tepig's original trailer was more than likely found at the same place where the episode's staff was detailed. BulbaNews doesn't just guess this stuff.

They will likely restart the Plasma storyline after the league, coupled with Ash gettin ready to enter a Champion league as well as the return of Cynthia.

@BlazeMaster - The blurb that confirmed the appearance of Tepig's original trailer was more than likely found at the same place where the episode's staff was detailed. BulbaNews doesn't just guess this stuff.

Oh sorry, thought that it was just speculation, I hadn't read the article yet at the time. So the guy's called Suwama, cool name, and Tepig's definitely going to evolve. All looking pretty good, hope that the battle ends up looking epic. And a double battle. My first guess on Tepig's partner would be Pikachu because of him and Ash's bond, but Leavanny or one of the Water-types would be equally acceptable.

They will likely restart the Plasma storyline after the league, coupled with Ash gettin ready to enter a Champion league as well as the return of Cynthia.
I wonder about that. I mean, the writers have had a year since the 11th March tragedy to do something else with the Team Plasma plot and they haven't. At this stage, I'd say it's more likely that it has been scrapped altogether. Unfortunately, I think that Team Plasma has been diagnosed with "Porygon Syndrome" - the circumstances around their first episodes being banned, while of no fault of the character(s), has resulted in them never having a significant appearance.

I do hope that we get a longer league though; regardless of it does or doesn't include a Champion league. You say that you doubt the anime will have another Battle Frontier season because DP didn't have one, yet you say it will have a Champion League, when DP blew away the perfect chance to have one? I fail to see the logic in that (aside from the current rivals being pretty crap xD).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom