• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Looking Forward: Into the Wireless Blue Yonder: Outlook and Speculation from a Lifelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Looking Forward: Into the Wireless Blue Yonder: Outlook and Speculation from a Lifelong Die-Hard

One commenter on last week's article complained I don't talk enough about what Generation V is doing right enough. To those who would agree with this sentiment, this week's column is for you. I was inspired to drop the piece I'd been working on, and give a glowing praise to Game Freak for their excellent steps forward in an area the games have stumbled in so far: Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Looking Forward: Into the Wireless Blue Yonder: Outlook and Speculation from a Li

IMO, Wi-Fi sucks... It may be great for you Americans that have Wi-fi everywhere but what about those who live in countries there's almost no Wi-fi spots?
Wi-fi features should be only used for things that don't interfere with the game story and pokédex completion... It should only be a kind of a bonus or somethin for the game, not something that important...

Re: Looking Forward: Into the Wireless Blue Yonder: Outlook and Speculation from a Li

IMO, Wi-Fi sucks... It may be great for you Americans that have Wi-fi everywhere but what about those who live in countries there's almost no Wi-fi spots?
Wi-fi features should be only used for things that don't interfere with the game story and pokédex completion... It should only be a kind of a bonus or somethin for the game, not something that important...
Well let's break down what you mean.

Do you mean Wi-Fi in general? All it requires is having a wireless signal to connect to the Internet without the use of a Ethernet cable. This can be done via a wireless router which hooks up to your modem. A Wi-Fi hotspot isn't required to actually get on to the internet.

Do you mean Wi-Fi on the DS? Well, that's the only thing that works with it. It wouldn't make sense to have it use a linked form of cable.

Do you mean online gaming? Sorry, but that's one of the big things being brought to games and there's nothing to stop it. Most people with multiplayer games require some form of online functionality. I'm actually glad to see that Pokemon, of all games, is really leading the forefront on the DS.

Perhaps you should direct some hate at the Japanese developers. Pokemon's home country is well on its way to becoming one large WiFi hot spot.

I love wifi features very much, since I enjoy communicating with the people here from across the globe. It's a good article praising BW, and I especially loved the "Oath of Office" bit at the end.

Great article! There really is a lot of wireless stuff stuffed into the games. :) I'm still not sure how that D-Link thingy will work exactly, with that hexagonal grid thingy, but I'm sure it'll be fun...

haha all this just reminded me of why I hate the DSi it cant connect to my router cause it doesn't get WPA, so I have no Wifi

I love wifi features very much, since I enjoy communicating with the people here from across the globe. It's a good article praising BW, and I especially loved the "Oath of Office" bit at the end.

I don't. Ridiculous offers at GTS, no random matches, Wifi Plaza's boring as hell, and I don't know why, but I can't connect with individual people outside my own house.

Either way, BW will fix some of these problems (I hope). Random match is a cool idea, and the Dream World looks like an excellent replacement to Pokéwalker. I'm willing to give it a shot.

haha all this just reminded me of why I hate the DSi it cant connect to my router cause it doesn't get WPA, so I have no Wifi

Aw... :-( Can't you change the security settings?

...But they don't interfere with game story or Pokedex completion. You can complete the story and the Pokedex without a Wifi connection.

Im looking forward to all the new wifi features. Provided I can still transfer pre-GenV pokemon via wireless communication, I cant wait to try out the Dream World and the other things.

I don't. Ridiculous offers at GTS, no random matches, Wifi Plaza's boring as hell, and I don't know why, but I can't connect with individual people outside my own house.
Welcome to the Internet!

If you think outrageous offers at the GTS is bad, just be glad there isn't any built in video chat.

Oh wait. Crap.

Aw... :-( Can't you change the security settings?

...But they don't interfere with game story or Pokedex completion. You can complete the story and the Pokedex without a Wifi connection.

yeah but I have no Idea how to setup WEP, and I'd rather not leave the password on none

yeah but I have no Idea how to setup WEP

Aw, that sucks... Have you tried Dr. Google? He usually helps.

Wi-Fi is better than the events where you have to go somewhere...

Aw, that sucks... Have you tried Dr. Google? He usually helps.
Nintendo's support websites gives you tips on that as well, that's how I managed it.

Wi-Fi is better than the events where you have to go somewhere...

Indeed, because now I can get some :ksmile:

I'm just looking forward to the co-op missions that you can do with other ppl over Wi-Fi. That will really make Pokemon a more interesting series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom