• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Iwata Asks discusses Black and White: Iwata, Sugimori, Masuda and Ishihara discus

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
New Iwata Asks discusses Black and White: Iwata, Sugimori, Masuda and Ishihara discuss Black ...

Satoru Iwata, Tsunekaz Ishihara, Junichi Masuda and Ken Sugimori discuss various topics about Black and White

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: New Iwata Asks discusses Black and White: Iwata, Sugimori, Masuda and Ishihara di

>_<

Anyone wanna translate that interview for me?

Re: New Iwata Asks discusses Black and White: Iwata, Sugimori, Masuda and Ishihara di

Look in the translation thread.

Thanks for the translation! :)

Someone was in the process of translating it, but someone wanted it up before then. D: Sorry. The translation will be added when it's completed though. ;-;

So that's why they didn't wait a bit longer to release B&W on the 3DS. Interesting.

wow, that really made me feel warm and happy inside, not to mention all the more excited :crush: :-D :crush:
and im glad they didn't want to release it on the 3DS, like me, there are those of us who don't have the money to buy a new system just for one game :( like i did for Platinum after waiting many years.

Seems I was wrong about the region thing. =O Anyway, I'm glad they're trying really hard to keep things fresh this time around, Pokemon had become a formula as of late, nothing really innovative has been seen really since GSC (I know you'll all say that Gen. III introduced a lot too, but, most of it was just improvements to what was already there.). Unless they're really going for a Final Fantasy-style, epic storyline, that no one cares about, I'll keep on loving this innovation. <3

XD Everyone is getting so old!! Just look at Sugimori! (It's just strange to see is all)

There's just something entirely adorable about a group of middle-aged men being interviewed in front of so many plush dolls.

Sugimori was in that pic? Did he get a hair cut? He seems..Younger?

NY was used, eh? Guess I was wrong. And I'm a New Yorker

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/interview/irbj/vol1/index2.html

Page 2 of the interview has Masuda saying that Isshu is based off of New York. (Google Translate helps - just look at the text near the Isshu map for it)

So is this confirmation that the Isshu region is America?

Anyway, I was really convinced that Isshu was from the Shanghai area of China.

This:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=1784808&postcount=535
is really supportive of "Isshu is Shanghai."

^^ This just made my day. I'm really excited for the new region- simply because I can't WAIT to have to figure out new strategies.

And I saw a Chillarmy plush. I WANT THE CHILLARMY PLUSH. :crush:

Isshu is based off a New York City? An entire region based off one city?

Last edited:

I think they said it was the MOTIF, not that Isshu is a carbon copy of New York.
Can't that be said about every other region?

I suppose so. But I think before this, previous generations were mentioned "this is the model for Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh". This time they mentioned motif. *shrugs* Dunno, make that what you will.

Here's how I make of it:

Motif. Model. Say what you want, it's New York. The point where the connection dissipates is when looking at the entire region geographically. Hoenn and Sinnoh were almost carbon-copies of their respective real world areas. Isshu is much more like Kanto and Johto in a sense that they're not direct copies, but have clear design inspirations from Kansai and Kanto brought together to form one region.

Somari said:
Isshu is based off a New York City? And entire region based off one city?

That's one of the things that bugs me, regardless of what it ended up being based on. Tokyo, the biggest metropolis in the world, gets reduced to like two cities in the Kanto region, yet New York City gets an entire region to itself? It doesn't make any sense.

New York state, I'd buy. But New York City??

Also, it's weird to me how the currency being used in Isshu (the yen) is the exact same currency used in every other region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom