• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Former anime writer hospitalized: Takeshi Shudō to have surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Former anime writer hospitalized: Takeshi Shudō to have surgery

Takeshi Shudō, former head writer of the Pokémon anime, has been rushed to hospital after he collapsed at a railway station in Japan.

Read more on Bulbanews

Shudō? Seriously?
How did he collapse? I hope he's alright.

He will be in my thoughts today. I hope he'll be all right.

Have some respect. He is credited with the creation of Lugia and wrote the first freakin' episode of pokemon, and you're celebrating that he has a brain injury? What is wrong with you, man?

It's her opinion that Takeshi Shudō is a bad writer. But still, she should have at least some respect and feel a little sorry, instead of offending him.

Princess of Sorrows said:
yay after writing those awful episodes

I agree that the OS was the worst, too, but wow. D8 A man is injured, and you have the nerve to say something like THAT? Man, that is just cold!

I hope he recovers, too!

It's her opinion that Takeshi Shudō is a bad writer. But still, she should have at least some respect and feel a little sorry, instead of offending him.

Correct. I admit I am rather dissapointed with some episodes, but he is still awesome and I feel so bad.

PS I was kidding about Mew.

That doesn't make much sense. Gold and Silver were supposed to be released in early 1998, so Lugia must have existed in some form back then. In fact, I would think that it would have been seen in the opening of the demo that was playable in late 1997; this website even lists Lugia as one of the earliest known Pokémon whose data changed as a result of the delay (its Pokédex number was altered).

More importantly, eight Pokémon designers were listed in the game credits. Why wasn't Shudo's name included? He should have at least been given a special thanks if he had really designed one of the version mascots; I can't imagine that Game Freak wouldn't have given him due credit.

I realize that this is highly out of place on my part given Shudo's current condition, but it seems to me that he was fond of Lugia that he chose to embellish his part in its creation.

Last edited:
I think that should be Ho-oh not Lugia because that's the only pokemon not in the games that appeared in the first episode of the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom