• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

8th Movie Information Thread (SPOILERS, of course)

Hadou is supposed to be wave/surge... like Hadouken of Street Fighter fame.

Yuusha is brave

Where did the guiding part come from then?

GoldChaos said:
Hadou is supposed to be wave/surge... like Hadouken of Street Fighter fame.

Yuusha is brave

Where did the guiding part come from then?
That hadou is, I believe, 波動, meaning "wave" or "move like a wave". This one is 波導, which does not appear in the dictionary, but analyzed componentwise comes out to {wave}{guide/direct}.

And Yuusha (勇者) is not simply "brave", but "a brave person", or "hero".

I've noticed that they like to use words with kanji combinations that don't appear in the dictionary. More specifically...

• Movie 2 uses 爆誕 (bakutan), which didn't show up in the dictionary. The kanji, however, would translate to {burst open}{be born}, or explosive birth.
  • Movie 5 uses 護神, which is an irregular way or writing mamorigami, meaning guardian deity. The word does appear in the dictionary, however, only as 守り神.
  • Movie 7/AG2 has 裂空 (rekkuu), which, like 爆誕 in Movie 2's title, can't be found in the dictionary, though analyzing the components would turn up {split/tear}{sky}.
  • Finally, we have 波導 in Movie 8/AG3's title, which Murg just explained above.

Wow, return of Mew?! Now that was surprising...

On another note, OMGI'MSOHAPPY! Mew is my favorite Pokémon and is what actually got me into Pokémon in the first place. I'll be more than happy to see Mew again. The mystery and intrigue of Mew will always have a certain place in my heart.

Hmmm...now what could the writers have planned for us? Now I've got my curiousity piqued for sure...

Yay!

I can't believe Mew's gonna be in another movie!

And Mew is my second favorite Pokemon!! ^_^

Woopert said:
[*]Movie 2 uses 爆誕 (bakutan), which didn't show up in the dictionary. The kanji, however, would translate to {burst open}{be born}, or explosive birth.

So why is it translated both as "Lugia's Explosive Birth" and "Revelation:Lugia"?

movie_1999_title.gif

I believe that should answer the question.

Yes, although I wonder why the X is left out. It even has furigana, so it's meant to be pronounced...

X-Lugia? What do superhero mutants have to do with this now? :-D.

Cool, I can't believe their gonna have the 8th Movie talked about already! And the thought of Mew returning two, I just can't wait! ^_^ You know, I sometimes wonder if Ash and co. are going to the Orre region in the next chapter of the Anime series, I guess because they always seem to follow the games to a certian extent! (If You know what I mean. ~_^) Oh, and hi Lisa! ^_^

Hi Stacy!

And yeah, it would be really cool if Ash went to the Orre region!!!!!

^____^

But, there's only one problem......

They don't have Pokemon Gyms there.

So, if Ash went to the Orre region, I really don't know what they'd have him do there, unless they make a storyline like the one in Pokemon Colloseum (sp?) or something.

Well, they would have to make it so one of the good charaters from Orre called Porofesser Oak & told Him what's going on right before Ash & co. stepped in, from coming back from the Hoenn regin, that is.

I'll start off by saying this.

Everyone knows that Mew is a rare legendary Pokemon,but does anyone know WHY it's Legendary?

We know the legend behind Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres/Lugia,Entei/Suicune/Raikou/Ho-oh/,certainly Groudon,Kyogre,and Rayquaza,and the Regis to an extent. But actually,we really don't know much about Mew other than it's DNA containing the genetic codes of all Pokemon.

With the 8th movie,we might finally see the story behind Mew.

Personally, I'm not expecting them to do that good a job.

Why do you consider that too good of an idea? Explaining Mew's legend seems like a pretty obvious plot, to me, and one that fits what the other movies have done.

Isn't Mew's legend the whole thing about starting life with it's tears?

What I am expecting is a basic TV series plotline, only extended and with more at stake. I wish there could be a movie without a character-of-the-day/week/whatever, and it looks like this one ("Wave-Guiding Hero") won't be one of those. I think the movies should focus more on Satoshi-tachi, Team Rocket, and the title Pokemon almost exclusively.

Oh, forget it. I can't really explain it, but I don't have high hopes anymore.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom