• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

8th Movie Information Thread (SPOILERS, of course)

*drools over corocoro*

is..Mew collecting human junk? o_O Mew is NOT a little mermaid.
*finds Miyamoto at the bottom of the pile* Ooookay....

I'm worried about this film. Is it by the same scenario writer as the first few? I seem to recall something about him retiring, but it could be someone esle I'm thinking of.

Last edited:
The scenario writer for the first few movies hasn't written any movies in a while.

After watching the first Movie again last night, all I can say is that if they include a cameo of Mew's theme in this movie (Though, I dunno if that was dub only - probably was back then) - i'll die a happy man.

*prods 4Kids*

They have no excuse not to put it in then. After all the recycling of the MSB music in the main show, they better use that Mew theme again...

Like inuyasha said, that music was from the dub only. Since the fourth movie, 4Kids has kept the original Japanese music. However, there is a Mew theme from the Japanese soundtrack which is quite good.

Actually, there WAS an orchestral soundtrack for the 1st movie which was released in North America (and is on iTunes now, I believe), and the 2nd movie also had a soundtrack previously only available in Germany (now on iTunes as well). There were no orchestral soundtracks for the 3rd movie

If you're talking about "The Legend Comes To Life", yes that IS on the standard pop soundtrack for the movie (I could upload a sample for you if you want), but what I meant by my earlier post was that there IS a full orchestral soundtrack for the 2nd movie dub (originally exclusive to Germany), again now available on iTunes along with the BGM OST soundtrack for the 1st movie dub as well.

The character bios section of the official site has been updated. There are three previously-unannounced characters: Rene, an Irene lookalike, Jenny, an old woman, and Freddie, who looks like a prince of some sort.

Someone who can translate: anything substantial in the new bios?

Well, I noticed the Pokemon bios were updated too, Manene is confirmed to be related to Mr. Mime (not sure if that was already confirmed). And also, the new Pokemon's types were confirmed, and yes they were their predictable ones. Psychic, Dark/Ice, and Rock.

As for the people... I'll leave that to the others...

~Zak

Gaaa, ugly. The website romanisation for Irene and Rene are Aileen and Leen. Kiddo is Kid, as I had first thought. Icky. (Rene and Irene's nanny (Jenny) were present in the manga adaptation discussed earlier in the month, however, that Freddy...)

Last edited:
"Irene"'s name could actually have meant to be "Eileen", ya know...

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom