• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

8th Movie Information Thread (SPOILERS, of course)

φιλομαθής
Reaction score
No. It's just an explanation. Personally, if I had to pick a single, concise word to translate what hadō is turning out to be, I'd pick (The) Force.

I'm the TRASH MAN! I eat GAHBAGE!
Reaction score
Use the Force, Rukario!

Unseen Watcher
Reaction score
I donno, 'hado' brings out the Street Fighter fan in me.
Different hadou.

Let's see... functionally equivalent to "the Force", but not written by Lucas...
"The Wave"?

Java Girl
Reaction score
"Great Surge"? I found that on a Google search when I typed in "hadou". Apparently it can also mean surge or energy wave.

Valuan Admiral
Reaction score
Isn't the Japanese name for Water Pulse 'Mizu Hadou'? (Water Force/Surge/Wave?)

*wonders if it's the same hadou*

Fig

Reaction score
Sounds like some variety of 404 No page found or "no hotlinking" page.

EDIT : it's a 403/Forbidden page.

EDIT 2 : You need to copy-paste the FULL adress (right click, then "copy shortcut" in IE) in your adress bar in order to be able to access the site.

Last edited:
φιλομαθής
Reaction score
This 波導 hadō is a word coined by the writers, I'm sure. Some other hadō found in the dictionary:
波動 【はどう】 (n) surge
覇道 【はどう】 (n) military rule

And here's something I should have thought of doing a long time ago. 波導 apparently is a legitimate word in Chinese - and means exactly what its components mean - wave guide.
波導 [bo1 dao3] /wave guide/

Last edited:
追放されたバカ
Reaction score
So, Ash and Kiddo are attacked by Shellder's, Aerodactly's, and other Pokemon made of slime?

Unseen Watcher
Reaction score
*Looks at scans*

Hmm... what are the odds that Ash ends up throwing yet another legendary pokemon into a lake?

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Ok, I went to the main site yesterday and noticed they had smalll bios for alll the characters and Pokemon, if it isn't a problem, could someone skilled at Japanese translate those?

What are the odds of Ash being killled and revived again?

Reaction score
Habunake said:
Freddy.......is......so....ugly. Any thing about what he does?
That's funny, because in his bio-blurb, it says (though I'm not that great at Japanese and am right now surrounded by dictionaries, kanji cards and several translation/dictionary sites...) something like, "Freddy - A mysterious young man with abundant beauty. It is said that by seeing this handsome guy too much, the women who encounter him will go crazy at a glance. Where this enters the story is a secret. Look for him in theaters!"

Ponds.... Thanks, Murgatroyd.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can't find what that bit is. It looks like "ikemen," but it's in katakana, so I can't obtain a meaning from its kanji (if it has any).

Oops, just did a search, and I found that "ikemen" means "handsome." Yarg.

What would it be? "It is said that by seeing this handsome guy too much, the women who encounter him will go crazy at a glance" or something like that? Ach, I'll just let you do it and see how (or if >_>) the rest that I have match yours. At least I got the general idea....

Last edited:
追放されたバカ
Reaction score
How much you wanna bet May will pull a Brock/Sid on Freddy.

Hmm....Gardevoir would make a fine Pokemon for Fred.

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet it will be Musashi rather than Haruka that pulls that reaction.

契約?
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet it will be Musashi rather than Haruka that pulls that reaction.
Meh. I don't know about you, but I seriously hope both females are immune to him. <<; Just the idea of him with either really creeps me out...