• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

8th Movie Information Thread (SPOILERS, of course)

Well, I still can't find the trailer on the website, but a little hunting got me the filenames. Original trailer (QuickTime).

Can't really hear the BGM - I think I'll need earphones for this...

Argy said:
That's got to be "Battle Frontier"; the singer most certainly isn't PUFFY.

Agreed. Puffy (AmiYumi) sound much higher, tone/vocal wise, than the singer on the clip presented here. It most certainly COULD be "Battle Frontier" for sure!

(And note, it DOES sound like the kick-ass song I was hoping for it to be!! I'm definitely going to order the CD when it comes out, IF I can get a credit card soon, hehe :)

Anyway. I still can't really make out the song, but I guess I will like it for the same reason as Ready Go!.

Another thing is that Mew's final voice seems to be... even more childish than the original Mew in movie 1.

Anyway, some screenshots.

Last edited:
"Ready Go!" is just one of those songs that just makes you feel good, and sometimes dancey even, since it is sort of a dance track anyways.

Just like "Mezase Pokemon Masutaa" (the 2001 Whiteberry version for me anyways) is a great rock song, with many positive vibes.

I think "Battle Frontier" will rank as high as MPM and RG when it comes to fan favourites, since we're assuming that the above mentioned and linked sample clip IS that track indeed. Some of the other OP's were either good or just not very good. I myself don't like the song "Challenger!!" very much. I like "OK!" and "Rivals!", and I really like the 2001 remix of "Mezase Pokemon Masutaa", but "Pokemon Symphonic Medley" isn't very much a Pokemon track compared to the other OP's, and other songs in general. Sure, it incorporates some of the OPs in the music (and few lyrics that are there), but it doesn't have that Pokemon feel, you know what I mean?

But I'm very much looking forward to the release of "Battle Frontier"!

I understand. "Ready Go!" has been my favorite OP since I heard it. I like the... what do you call it... "fluid" nature of it? I like "Challenger!!" too (it took me a while, though), even though it's a COMPLETELY different style.

Actually, I think it will be great. 4Kids, if they deserve credit on anything, is how excellent I think they have done the recent Movies.

A sample clip of "Hajimari no Uta" is up on PUFFY's website. Click Discography, then on the left sidebar, choose the first single (the yellow one). Then, in the Sound colum, click the blue button (with the speaker) for the first song listed. The media player only works in Internet Explorer (I tried with Firefox, and it failed).

Definitely them!

That means that the song sample in the newest trailer is most certainly "Battle Frontier", 99.9% for sure! *~Joy!!~*

Oh.....well, I have a big feeling they will have PUFFY do a English version of the Origin Song, since PUFFY has already done american songs before like in Teen Titans

Yesterday, my Japanese friend told me that the girls(?!) in PUFFY are in their thirties! I thought they looked just over eighteen...

Those japanese just have the ability to look so young.

Damn their healthy lifestyle...

Excellent. I love the style on those. I'm a sucker for those 'group shot' thingys.

Just wondering, how many of you lucky guys who are in Japan will see this tommorow?

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom