• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

8th Movie Information Thread (SPOILERS, of course)

No. It's just an explanation. Personally, if I had to pick a single, concise word to translate what hadō is turning out to be, I'd pick (The) Force.

I donno, 'hado' brings out the Street Fighter fan in me.
Different hadou.

Let's see... functionally equivalent to "the Force", but not written by Lucas...
"The Wave"?

"Great Surge"? I found that on a Google search when I typed in "hadou". Apparently it can also mean surge or energy wave.

Isn't the Japanese name for Water Pulse 'Mizu Hadou'? (Water Force/Surge/Wave?)

*wonders if it's the same hadou*

Sounds like some variety of 404 No page found or "no hotlinking" page.

EDIT : it's a 403/Forbidden page.

EDIT 2 : You need to copy-paste the FULL adress (right click, then "copy shortcut" in IE) in your adress bar in order to be able to access the site.

Last edited:
This 波導 hadō is a word coined by the writers, I'm sure. Some other hadō found in the dictionary:
波動 【はどう】 (n) surge
覇道 【はどう】 (n) military rule

And here's something I should have thought of doing a long time ago. 波導 apparently is a legitimate word in Chinese - and means exactly what its components mean - wave guide.
波導 [bo1 dao3] /wave guide/

Last edited:
So, Ash and Kiddo are attacked by Shellder's, Aerodactly's, and other Pokemon made of slime?

*Looks at scans*

Hmm... what are the odds that Ash ends up throwing yet another legendary pokemon into a lake?

Ok, I went to the main site yesterday and noticed they had smalll bios for alll the characters and Pokemon, if it isn't a problem, could someone skilled at Japanese translate those?

What are the odds of Ash being killled and revived again?

Habunake said:
Freddy.......is......so....ugly. Any thing about what he does?
That's funny, because in his bio-blurb, it says (though I'm not that great at Japanese and am right now surrounded by dictionaries, kanji cards and several translation/dictionary sites...) something like, "Freddy - A mysterious young man with abundant beauty. It is said that by seeing this handsome guy too much, the women who encounter him will go crazy at a glance. Where this enters the story is a secret. Look for him in theaters!"

Ponds.... Thanks, Murgatroyd.

Last edited:
I can't find what that bit is. It looks like "ikemen," but it's in katakana, so I can't obtain a meaning from its kanji (if it has any).

Oops, just did a search, and I found that "ikemen" means "handsome." Yarg.

What would it be? "It is said that by seeing this handsome guy too much, the women who encounter him will go crazy at a glance" or something like that? Ach, I'll just let you do it and see how (or if >_>) the rest that I have match yours. At least I got the general idea....
Gaiasweatdrop.gif

Last edited:
How much you wanna bet May will pull a Brock/Sid on Freddy.

Hmm....Gardevoir would make a fine Pokemon for Fred.

I'm willing to bet it will be Musashi rather than Haruka that pulls that reaction.

I'm willing to bet it will be Musashi rather than Haruka that pulls that reaction.
Meh. I don't know about you, but I seriously hope both females are immune to him. <<; Just the idea of him with either really creeps me out...

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom