• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

8th Movie Information Thread (SPOILERS, of course)

Murgatroyd

Unseen Watcher
Reaction score
From PokeAni, reporting on a trailer which was evidently broadcast at some point in the last day:

映像が海の上を疾走しながら歴代の映画のシーンが流れ以下のナレーション
「世界を感動させた数々のポケモン伝説」
字幕で「すべては、ミュウからはじまった。」
お城が登場しそしてミュウ登場。
そして「劇場版ポケットモンスター アドバンスジェネレーション」とタイトルコール。
水の中に潜り「ミュウと波導の勇者」
そしてミュウがタイトルの上を通過すると「2005年7月16日(土)公開決定!」と表示

As the image speeds along the ocean's surface, scenes from past movies are played to the following narration.
"The many Pokemon legends that have impressed the world"
(subtitled) "All began with Mew."
A castle appears, then Mew appears.
Then the "Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation" title scroll.
Diving into the water, "Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero"
Then Mew crosses above the title and the text "Opens 7/16/2005 (Sat)" is shown.

This does come as something of a suprise. Everyone was assuming it would be focused on either the Regis or a 4th-gen legend, and instead, it's back to the beginning.

Much as it's "back to the beginning" for the final set of legendaries to appear in the new opening (The Kanto birds and Ho-Oh appearing last, ie the three birds Ash saw carvings off on episode 2 and the one bird Ash did see on episode 1).

Mew!? really!? Awesome. This, coupled with what I heard about the new intro sequence, make me think that maybe, just maybe, they ARE getting to the end of Ash's journey. THANK GOD!!! YAY! I still think they won't be able to have a satisfiying conclusion unless they have Ash complete something after Hoenn. Here's to hoping for a short (maybe just 13 episodes or so) post-Hoenn league saga that wraps up some of those annoying plot threads. *cough*GS ball*cough*

But I don't want Ash to leave :(, although I do want him to win the League if that's the case.

But it'll be good seeing Mew again... in five years from now.

This is a far stretch, but I'm hoping there will be some more background given on Team Rocket's past pursuit of Mew.

I am shocked that this isn't about a new legendary.

Argy said:
This is a far stretch, but I'm hoping there will be some more background given on Team Rocket's past pursuit of Mew.

Well, chances are there will be another legendary featured in it. Remember, we didn't know the 6th movie had jack to do with Jirachi until TWO MONTHS after it was revealed that Absol had a star role (well, we knew the title "Wishing Star of Seven Nights", so there was speculation about Jirachi, but no concrete proof until months after the title and Absol's existance were revealed). And heck, Jirachi ended up even with the main role while Absol was just a co-star.

Plus, each movie focuses around at least two legendaries, at times the co-star is a semi-legendary.

1: Mewtwo AND Mew
2: Lugia AND the trio
3: Entei AND Unown (Unown is after all exotic enough to be seen as semi)
4: Celebi AND Suicune
5: Latias AND Latios
6: Jirachi AND Absol (another semi)
7: Deoxys AND Rayquaza

So.... I say there will be at least one other legendary, as well as at least two more Pokemon from the next generation (I kinda hope the other co-star of this movie is NOT one of the ones from the next gen, yet).

~Zak

Argy said:

I'd like to see Miyamoto animated just once.

I can't wait to see Mew again. Such a cute little guy.

Interesting to go back to the first generation, to say the least.

Anyway, it's December 3rd here in Japan already (3:45PM already), and the site is still not open...

Hm, anyone else notice the extreme scarcity of anything Ashy-boy related on that page? (so far the only traces of Ashy-boy I've found are in the "other products" section).

If someone could check it for mention of the name (my kana and kanji aren't up to par, far from it)...

On the other hand, it's true that the trailer and title both say "Advanced Generation". One could think if they were goign to cut Ash, they'd drop the AG part.

Last edited:
I've noticed the extreme scarcity of anything anything-related on that page. Essentially everything we know about the movie is right here on this page. There isn't enough information to even think about deriving conclusions.

I'm fairly underwhelmed. I know it's supposed to be "OH! They're returning to basics", but to me it seems more like "Oh. They've finally ran out of new ideas" . . .

Pretty much what Murg said was the title earlier. Yuusha appears to be hero, Myuu is Mew, to is "and" and no is "of". Hadou, I haven't found anywhere, so I assume Murg's translation is right there.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom