• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

4 new Pokemon games announced!!!!

FireEmblemPride

Reaction score
Make that 3, since we already knew about Ranger, Diamond and Pearl.

But 6 all slated for release within the 12 - 18 months? That's excessive.

Also... it seems a bit too early for a CoroCoro leak, but who knows.

Last edited:
Zhen Lin said:
Make that 3, since we already knew about Ranger, Diamond and Pearl.

But 6 all slated for release within the 12 - 18 months? That's excessive.

Also... it seems a bit too early for a CoroCoro leak, but who knows.

Technically, a Pokemon version of Fushigi no Dungeon was rumored for quite a while.

^^ I think it looks like Tetris attack, because of how there is space above for blocks to drop down and how it the combos looked. This game looks really Hot.

Also I'm excited about Pokemon Ranger. I really, really, really, hope my idea is somewhat correct on it! Being a pokemon Ranger simulation would rock really hard, and instantly be my favorite side game to pokemon (with the being able to take pictures, treat monsters, fight poachers, discovering new monsters and monitor the environment)!

I just wish we got some D/P screens T_T, this game must be incredibly (well, ok, or incredibly bad, but that's unlikely) good because they seem to not want to show it (maybe to keep people from being discouraged to buy the other games).

Ranger been called an "action RPG", whatever that means. (FPS-like? Hmmm.)

Dungeon, of course, is a "dungeon RPG".

I just wish we got some D/P screens T_T, this game must be incredibly (well, ok, or incredibly bad, but that's unlikely) good because they seem to not want to show it (maybe to keep people from being discouraged to buy the other games).

Or it's incredibly late in development, which is the guess I'm going with.

Could it be...?

I blew up a part of one of those scans. It think it had to do with Pokemon Puzzle, but when I saw it, I was like what the...? Is it a new pokemon? I could be jumping the gun here, because I see no sign of Munchlax or any of its buddies, which would be more likely. It's pretty strange, though.

untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibilities:

1. A character in the game. A human or humanesque one.
2. A new Deoxys form. They made original ones for each of the games, so why not have new ones for Diamond and Pearl?
3. A new Pokemon.

Obviously, the above did not require me to utilize rocket science...but they are likely options.

Any idea which of the games it's for? I assume Ranger, but I could wrong.

I'm kinda thinking that's a human, myself...

Edit: Looking at the bottom of the one scan, it appears that this new DS puzzle game is being developed by Genius Sonority.

Last edited:
It was next to the box talking about the dungeon RPG, but since it is not in box, I assume it's not that.

untitled2.png

Here is the complete picture and its associated text.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/640/640249p1.html

IGN kicked our asses on this one.

First up is Pokemon Ranger: The Road to Diamond and Pearl for the DS. This newest title is an action RPG set in the world of the upcoming Pokemon Ranger movie. You play as a Pokemon Ranger. Different from a Pokemon Trainer, a Ranger travels the lands, using Pokemon in a fight to defend nature from baddies. Pokemon Ranger is set for Japanese release in 2006. Its release will precede that of Diamond and Pearl with the games all linking up together for some top secret bonuses.

Interesting concept. >.> And it's an action RPG too. This should be worth seeing.

Last edited:
MistyIRC said:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/640/640249p1.html

IGN kicked our asses on this one.

First up is Pokemon Ranger: The Road to Diamond and Pearl for the DS. This newest title is an action RPG set in the world of the upcoming Pokemon Ranger movie. You play as a Pokemon Ranger. Different from a Pokemon Trainer, a Ranger travels the lands, using Pokemon in a fight to defend nature from baddies. Pokemon Ranger is set for Japanese release in 2006. Its release will precede that of Diamond and Pearl with the games all linking up together for some top secret bonuses.

Interesting concept. >.> And it's an action RPG too. This should be worth seeing.
The stuff about defending nature can be found on Filb.de already since about an hour after the scans showed up here. I don't see why IGN kicks our asses o_O

That must be where the creature fits in. The puzzle game's adventure mode. I can only read the katakana, and it reads "action puzzle", whatever that means. It's also below the part where it talks about the puzzle game's adventure mode.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom