• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

European Emerald Release at last

Doctor Oak

Can't Touch Dis.
Reaction score
Finally, we have a European/UK Release date for Pokemon Emerald:

October 21st.

Whee.

With XD released sometime in November over here, it coudl be pretty interesting. Mere weeks between the two and both certain to be big Xmas sellers. I can easily see Emerald coming Xmas GBA top, XD coming Cube second and definitely both in the Xmas top ten.

Zelda will win No. 1 of course. ^^

Press Release:

Poké Balls At The Ready From October 21st 2005 As Pokémon Emerald Launches On Game Boy Advance

09 August 2005 - Pokémon fans dust off your Pokédex and get those Poké Balls ready for action. The long wait is finally over across the UK as the highly anticipated Pokémon Emerald makes its way onto Game Boy Advance on 21st October 2005.

Pokémon Emerald revisits the hugely successful format last seen in Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen, putting the player in the middle of an extensive and exciting adventure. But that is not all, Pokémon Emerald offers new and exciting elements: Pokémon characters that were previously unavailable on Game Boy Advance, plus wireless multiplayer, team battles, extra modes of play and the all-new Battle Frontier - the front line of Pokémon battling. Pokémon Emerald version will keep you busy all through those chilly winter months.

Set in the fantasy world of Hoenn, Pokémon Emerald sets players on a quest to maintain the balance between Kyogre and Groudon, which have been awakened by Team Aqua and Team Magma, with the legendary Rayquaza playing an important role in completing the quest. Starting off as a novice trainer with a choice of one of three Pokémon characters, players train their Pokémon up to a suitable level to take on increasingly tougher opponents. Wild Pokémon, which are encountered on the journey, can also be captured and trained to fight alongside you.

Pokémon Emerald features familiar characters and locations from both Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire and includes a heavily evolved storyline, significantly enhanced graphically, with reworked characters and environments, complemented by improved sound effects.

For the first time players can capture Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza all in the same game, on one cartridge, rather than having to trade with friends. Over 20 Pokémon, including favourites like Sudowoodo, Mareep and Miltank, appear in Pokémon Emerald previously unseen on the Game Boy Advance.

Upon completing the Elite Four and the Hoenn Pokémon Champion you can go onto test your skills in the all new Battle Frontier. Here players enter tournaments in one of seven themed areas, to earn battle points which can be used to buy rare and exclusive items.

On top of all this, there are legendary Pokémon to capture that are extremely rare so players will need to use all their skills if they want to add them to their Pokédex. With Pokémon Emerald, you can also expand your collection when you trade with a friend. Players can link up with Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen or Pokémon Colosseum to catch them all.

Pokémon Emerald will launch on the Game Boy Advance across the UK on 21st October 2005 at the estimated retail price of £30.

It's today's Press Release. Plus, I've had pathetic net access for the last couple of months, I assumed that it genuinely was news.

Doctor Oak said:
It's today's Press Release. Plus, I've had pathetic net access for the last couple of months, I assumed that it genuinely was news.
Oh ok :S I didn't know they took so long for a press release :S
Well, it's on Nintendo's site for Emerald since about saturday
Anyway, I agree, it's a good strategy to sell both at the time when people get christmas presents
But I won't buy one. The two Emerald I already have are enough o.o

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom