• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Two more episode titles (SPOILERS)

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
AG142: ポケモンコンテスト・ヤマブキ大会(前編)
AG143: ポケモンコンテスト・ヤマブキ大会(後編)

"Pokémon Contest - Yamabuki Conference (Parts One and Two)"

Yamabuki = Saffron

And thus, we have the stalling before Ash's Battle Arena competition.

I knew this would happen.

I swear, this Contest better be good to give them a damn good reason for keeping them and May in this. The contests are way more interesting in the anime than in the games but after the anti-climax that was the Hoenn Grand Festival, something bigger would be nice.

Give May a good challenge, and hopefully a chance to see Gonbe do more than just eat.

I do wonder just how different this season could have been if D/P hadn't been delayed.

Ah, I've got some more news...

Apparently the episode titles came from Junichi Kanemaru's website. Now, as some of you (coughalfonsocough) should know, Kanemaru-san is the voice actor of none other than...

woahthere.jpg

TOTEMO YAAAAY!!!!!1

Hmm, I would have thought Drew would be in this one. He's in that Arcanine ep afterall.

Unless both Harley and Drew are featured somehow...

Doctor Oak said:
And thus, we have the stalling before Ash's Battle Arena competition.

I knew this would happen.

I swear, this Contest better be good to give them a damn good reason for keeping them and May in this. The contests are way more interesting in the anime than in the games but after the anti-climax that was the Hoenn Grand Festival, something bigger would be nice.

Huh? SO you would rather more filler instead of contest episodes? The contests aren't stalling between Ash's Brains, it's the garbage filler like the Onix and jigglypuff episode.

I would also much rather see May actually DOING something in this saga rather then stand in the background and do nothing like Brock, Max, Tracey, and Misty do.

Thank god for May and her Contests, they take away from more crappy filler screentime, and give us another main character besides Ash.

Doctor Oak said:
I swear, this Contest better be good to give them a damn good reason for keeping them and May in this.

A "good reason" to keep May? You honestly expected them to drop one of the most popular characters from the Pokemon anime simply because Hoenn was over? LOL.

Considering how boring Ash's Frontier Brains and GYM leader challenges are, it's far more interesting to see May's Contests.

Anyway nice to see Harley return. Here's hoping she uses Squirtle.

The Onix ep was cool, more fillers like that would actually be nice. Filler isn't a bad thing, it's a necessary thing. As long as they're GOOD fillers, I welcome them with open arms.

To me, Contests are little more than fillers themselves. They just place more time between Ash's battles, which is the real point of the anime.

God forbid the anime focus on someone other than Ash. They made May a main character since AG started, deal with it.

Contests have far more importance than a filler episode anyday.

I agree with what was said above, they need to make less filler, but Contests are certainly above episodes where Ash runs away from some Wild Onix. -_-

This sounds good may gets to do something. I hope Munchlax or Squirtle also do something seeing squirtle is just a flower pick (coughkingdomofonixcough)

Harley hates May, he's not in love with her. That was part of a trick he used in the GF eps. In fact, he outright despises her. Not to mention the fact that Harley is one of the few confirmed gay characters in the anime.

So the gang is back in Saffron City...interesting.

I'm guessing that a cameo from Sabrina (the Gym Leader, not the Teenage Witch,) would be too much to hope for? An update on her would be nice.

If we know 4Kids, they'll change Harley into a female, just like somebody else *cough*Bashou*cough*. They just added the contest things to Kanto in the anime as an excuse to keep May around. Give us Blue/Green!

If there weren't contests, May would probably still be sticking around. If you recall May came to visit Ash at Pallet and didn't even know about Contests at the time.

May probably wants to continue traveling with Ash regardless. Her finding out there were contests were just an extra incentive.

TK n Happy Ness said:
If we know 4Kids, they'll change Harley into a female, just like somebody else *cough*Bashou*cough*.

We're also talking about the company that loves upplaying James' flamboyance as much as possible. And you have to remember that LoT wasn't dubbed by the group that usually dubs Pokémon. If we get the usual people, Harley will remain male.

Since when has Harley/Harry been confirmed as being gay? Did his voice actor say something? And I thought Akira Ishida played him. hmmm. He sounds EXACTLY like Akira to me

I'm looking forward to this contest, I hope the Indigo contests have something new to them. I wonder what Pokemon she'll use. I hope it's Gonbe. I'd be surprised if she used squirtle in a contest, it's so small. she'd at least have to train it a little first.

Well, this is most intresting news. Am I the only one that thinks Saffron is a bit strange of a place for the 'first' Kanto contest? They've passed through, (or by) at least three major locations in Kanto. (Viridian, Pewter, and Cerulean.) given, they do seem to be traveling in a more 'direct' way through Kanto.

Trainer-c said:
Well, this is most intresting news. Am I the only one that thinks Saffron is a bit strange of a place for the 'first' Kanto contest? They've passed through, (or by) at least three major locations in Kanto. (Viridian, Pewter, and Cerulean.) given, they do seem to be traveling in a more 'direct' way through Kanto.

Saffron does seem strange when you concider where they have already been through. As does it seem like the perfect place to have the first contest.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom