• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Deserted Island Mafia: Game Over: Villagers Victory; Uncertain Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenicks

Where the Shadows lie
Reaction score
Players:

1. Shiny Celebi -- Game Winner; INDEPENDENT
2. Holo-Chan -- Seeking Replacement MAFIA
3. Turtwig's A-B-Cs -- Game Winner
4. Ghost -- Seeking Replacement
5. Ryuutakeshi --> Unfunnius --> Ryuutakeshi -- Killed on Day 6 MAFIA
6. Iteru -- Killed on Night 3
7. lizzxxk -- Killed on Night 7
8. Rayne --> Snowe -- Killed on Night 2
9. EpicYoshi -- Seeking Replacement MAFIA
10. Hide in Plain Sight --> Clam Chowder -- Killed on Night 2
11. hurristat -- Killed on Day 5 MAFIA
12. Coasting Wingull -- Killed on Night 5
13. Hellion -- Killed on Night 6
14. coolking503 -- Killed on Day 1
15. Super Twiggy -- Game Winner
16. Mijzelffan -- The Pervert: Modkilled on Day 1
17. Synthesis -- Game Winner
18. ghaskan --> oshawoot weegee -- Game Winner; INDEPENDENT
19. Zenova -> Mintaka* -- Game Winner
20. Pokemad -- Killed on Day 2
21. Panu -- Lynched on Day 8; MAFIA
22. The Shiny Drapion --> Teh Shiny Drapion -- Killed on Day 4; Innocent
23. sourcandy -- Game Winner
24. Badal -- Seeking Replacement
25. J J M -- Game Winner
26. Umeko -- Killed on Day 5

Prologue:

You had boarded a cruise ship to enjoy a few days at sea. You hoped to enjoy the weather on the deck. Stepping outside, you see a terrible sea storm. As you feel the wind strike you, it slowly shifts the boat. Careening, it veers off course – onto a rock. It sinks. You escape from the boat and make your way to a nearby misty island…

You and the remaining survivors have come together to live on this island. You have formed a small town, elected a leader, and delegated tasks to all. The island is nearly-barren, and life is hard. Mysterious things happen here…

Quietly, a splinter group, unsatisfied here, has formed. They wish to keep the island’s few resources for themselves, guaranteeing their own existence, at any cost. If you will survive, you may find yourself at odds with them….

Rules:

1. Your role and alliance will not be revealed upon death. Instead, you will become a spirit. Every night spirits may vote where the living may not go. The winner of this vote will be bestowed with a gift. Your roles will not be revealed when you die for this vote. When dead, you are still playing. Keep following the rules.

2. Roleclaiming – lying about your role to gain support – is encouraged. For this purpose, all roles distributed to players will be posted in this thread. While all roles used will be posted, not all roles posted will be used.

3. Once killed, you may not post here. You’re dead. Post instead in the accompanying chatroom exclusive to dead players. Posts here will be deleted. Final words will not be given – you’re still playing.

4. This is a game without gamemaster lying. Everything I tell you is true, and none of your roles contain secrets. You, however are allowed and encouraged to lie to each other.

5. Should no player be lynched, two players will be lynched on the next day. You may then vote twice. However, if enough people should vote "No Lynch" so that nobody is killed on that day, the next day will only have 1 lynch as usual.

6. The Mafia’s nightkill is not automatic. One mafia member must spend his night in order to make the kill. If this member is blocked, or his target is protected, no nightkill will go through.

7. For the sake of several roles, using a QuickTopic thread counts as sending a Private Message.

8. All phase changes will occur at 10 PM, EST. If you’re not in EST, and would like to know how that corresponds to you, you’ll find a handy list here.

Additionally, please follow all Mafia customs by bolding votes, giving me copies of all PM’s, announcing name changes, notifying me if you can no longer play, not cheating, being a good sport, not posting PM's in public, etc. I reserve the right to replace or remove you. You may not be warned.

Player Roles:

Your skills involve lying and deception. You are the true author of the reports the town reads each night on the message board. As such, during the night, you may write taunts to be posted on the island’s message board in the name of the mafia. You may also file one report each day, which will be posted anonymously to the same place. Filing reports will not conflict with a nightkill, should you make one.

You are untrustworthy. You have never trusted anybody, and you have always backstabbed your friends if necessary. Your lifeboat contained 5 others at the start, though that many didn’t make it to shore…

You are a saboteur. When you kill someone, you take advantage of them, and obtain their role. In order to do this, you must have the first vote against that person. Your vote need not be the first vote -- only the first against whoever is lynched If this requirement is fulfilled, you can repurpose them and assume their role. Be warned: if you repurpose a mafioso's body, nothing will happen.

You are the Mayor. Having lead the lifeboat-rescue operation as the ship sunk, you were elected leader of the camp. You’d think that the townspeople wouldn’t suspect you – but who knows?

Your office grants you two powers: You may pardon someone once, invalidating that day’s vote. To do this, you must privately tell me “Pardon: [Person’s name]”. Your office also gives you tie-breaking positions. If you’ve voted and the result is a tie, your choice is automatically lynched.

Every group has that one guy…. And that’s you. You have always been a séance, preferring to think of the dead instead of the living. While the town rushes around you, dealing with the conspiracy and the needs of surviving on this mysterious island, you have begun focusing on the dead. You may drag back one soul from the dead through your powers.

You are special, er mildly challenged,er, – please take this well – completely freakin’ insane. They say that it was the near-death trauma of washing ashore half-drowned that did it – or maybe you’re just a psychopath on normal days anyways. To say the least, you’re paranoid, schizophrenic, deranged, and just mental, you sick freak.

When you suspect somebody, you don’t voice your opinions in public. No, you ambush and kidnap them to watch over them so they can’t do anything to you – or anybody else. Who knows what you do in private, but nobody in the town knows what’s happened. Neither of you can communicate in public, though you can still die and – I hope you’re not doing anything too bad to them.

In your former life, you were a cop. Before you jumped from the boat and swam to shore, you grabbed several weapons. You may use these once to kill a person of your choice at night. Be careful to not draw attention to yourself – if killed before you use your weapons, they will fall into your killer’s hands….

You are just... awful. Really, you’re a terrible, lousy old man, always yelling people to do this or stop that or “DON’T CRASH THE BOAT”. You’re angry in all this mess – those young whippersnappers should stop whining.
Your spirit is so bitter that, when freed through death, it will lash out at one person – killing them. I hope that anger doesn’t cloud your judgement...

You are [username], Private I. Or, you were, in your youth. But ever since you hopped in a lifeboat, you could sense crimes to come….

You make investigations. You spend all day searching the island, and in the night (once you’ve messaged me), you will reach conclusions. If you search a person, you may discover their alliance. These are not your only investigations – you may also investigate dead people, or even occurrences. To investigate an occurrence, ask about who did an act – i.e., “Who killed John?”

You are smokin’ haw—er, I mean, you are delicate and strong-willed. Your forceful figure – er, figurative personality is the envy of all men. But you don’t have help just one of the men who rescued you. Your delicious delicate force makes you very persuasive – and distracting. You may visit someone and distract them once per night, preventing them from completing any /other/ work. However, if the person you’re visiting should be killed, you will be too.

You were, in your former life, a bodyguard for the famous. Though your reflexes have dulled, you may still protect others. Once per night, send in the name of the protected person. If they should be attacked, you will fend off the attacker.

You are sadistic – and will kidnap innocents to get your way. Once per night, you may kidnap one person, preventing them from taking all actions. Because they are missing, any actions taken against them will not work.

Pervert. That’s it. You’re a streaker. You don’t like clothes. They’re too distracting. Even on the cruise ship. Especially on a deserted island. Once, you may choose to show the town villagers what you mean. They will be so absorbed in your lesson, that no business may occur on the phase in which you choose to teach it. Things will then skip to the next available phase.

You are the beloved, the gorgeous, and the wonderful maiden of this voyage. You are the jewel of all; the crème de la crème. You are so loved, in fact, that nobody can bear to imagine your death. Should you die, it is important that everybody attend your funeral – immediately. The next phase will be skipped in order for preparations to be made. Should you be killed during the day, the night phase will be skipped. Should you be killed at night, the next day phase will be skipped.

You were an investigative journalist secretly on that cruise to expose the use of spam in cruise ship lunch counters. Now, you have bigger stories. Once per day, you may file a report which will be posted anonymously to the public island message board. But be warned – you’re not the only writer on the island….

(Used Twice) You do not mind the events of either the town or the mafia – as long as you have your lover. You two have always survived together, and if the boat’s sinking and the ocean’s waves didn’t stop you, nobody can. Because of your devotion to each other, you have no special roles at night that may create conflict between you as you spend your days together.

But… if one of you dies, there can be no going back. The person responsible will pay and you will hunt them down. You will still be together one day, even in the afterlife. Meanwhile, your partner’s spirit may benefit you. Those votes will count double, and will always be in your favor, no matter what vote your dead partner may say in secret.

By a large majority, you were ‘elected’ town idiot. Sinking your lifeboat and burning the food shack may have done it. Should you be voted against, two extra votes will be counted against you. Hope that you remain unsuspected. Should you vote against somebody, the vote’s value will be negative.

You stockpiled weapons – using them, you may disrupt town proceedings. Programmed to detonate upon your death, one will bomb the town center, skipping the current phase so as to repair the damage. Your second bomb is mobile: you may place it upon one player, killing them as you are killed. Your third bomb may detonate at any time, ending one phase early.

Washing onto shore, you developed amnesia. You forget anything you’re told – making you a great confident. Every night you may select a target who will tell you their secrets – giving you access to pieces of their private messages. Because of your amnesia, you will only remember pieces of what has been given to you.

Ever since you washed up on shore, you have been incurably sick. Soon, within 2 to 4 days, you will die. However, you can still help: should any person visit you, they will too become sick, and be unable to use their role for one night. Should any person visit that person, they will become sick also. You are allowed to visit one person per night, though this will shorten your life expectancy by one day cycle.

You are the godfather. Only your associates know your status as mastermind of the plan. The Islanders only believe that you were once an FBI agent – or a diplomat, or even a butcher. Nobody knows. Your methods are mad, and at night you send one member of your mafia to murder. Pick your agents carefully – this murder may be stopped if your target is protected or your agent distracted.

Never send an idiot to do your job. You have acquired a gun on this island, and you may use it once to kill any target. You cannot be stopped. Additionally, you are quite sharp; you will discover any investigation from an investigator concerning you.

You are loud. You are the town crier. Your loudmouth is key: when dead, your innocence will be revealed.

You were once the ship’s captain – before being shunned by the town for supposedly sinking the ship. Your vote is actually worth nothing. But because of your banishment, you are far from the town’s power – any votes for you will only count for half.

You have no qualms. Masquerading as others, you may spy on one person, and obtain secret private messages not intended for you. Your disguises aren’t perfect; you may still be seen by keen players, and you will not obtain the full text of anything you receive.

Watching the boat sink around you as people abandoned you for the shore, you slowly became paranoid. Once an actor by profession, you may use your skills to great benefit: Each night, you may select one target and hide behind them. Should any actions be intended for you, they will hit your living shield instead. Beware: If you hide behind a mafia member, you will be killed.

Once an eclectic genius, you’re old, and newly-worn from the island experience. But your stature still commands – nobody dares to cross your intellect. And your reflexes are still sharp. If somebody attempts any action on you but murder, it will not work. Moreover, you will know the names of all who visit you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Deserted Island Mafia: Game Start

Dawn of The First Day:

Wandering around town near dawn, you spot a disturbance: a large crowd has gathered around the town center. They scream, shouting, “We must do something about this organization!” “They’ve killed so many of us!” “We must stop them!”

Stepping forward, the mayor speaks: “If we are to survive, we must act. We shall root out the enemy in the open. Place a vote against one person in this box; the ‘winner’ will be cast off from us and this Earth.”

He goes, leaving behind him a rabble of villagers shouting toward this person or that.

It is now Day 1. You may vote.

Postus Firstus :D

Vote: Partius Pooperus

New Rule: Anybody voting against the gamemaster shall be unceremoniously ejected from the game.

New New Rule: Debating this rule is forbidden.

Newlier Rule: The gamemaster may make up as many rules as he wishes. This rule retroactively applies to all past rules.

Glad to clear things up on that end then ;3

Unvote: Party Crasher

[You're awesome Phoenicks]

Well... let's see...

VOTE: No Lynch.

Because first day lynches have never worked out well for us.

But that in mind, someone will come in and vote at the last minute for someone, Happened last time after all.

Do no-Lynch votes count now?

Yeah, I'll vote: no lynch for once. In other games, even if we blind-lynched we'd at least be able to narrow down the suspects and get some clues thanks to post-mortem alliance confirmation, buuut we don't have that in this game.

Oldest Rule of All: All posts must contain praise for me, your gamemaster, within them. You may base it off of NotRayne's praise, or, if at a lack for original words, may instead say "I thank you, mighty gamemaster, ruling ruler of all I do who rules, rule me with your mighty might of which you are thankfully gaming master who might game me with a ruler to fully master."

Voting "No Lynch" counts as a vote, and will cause nobody to be lynched unless another option is more popular.

I think Ryuu is mafia and Imma gonna die.

Vote: No lynch

[size=-5]I'm saying that Phoenicks is awesome so I don't get in trouble. xD[/size]

What? Think of what the great gamemaster would say with their almight greatness filled up with greatness with a side of greatness? You need to take the initiative before you can set up your suspects list. It isn't just posting: it's gut.

How's that praise?

Vote: Lynch

It's an icky action. Let's lynch it.

What happens if I don't say
Mr. Gamemaster you're awesome
inside of a spoiler?

And do remember that if we don't lynch today, we HAVE to lynch twice tomorrow. So just keep that in mind.

Sorry hurristat, the rules are unclear on that. If a tied vote occurs, two lynches must be made the next day while no one is voted on the present day -- a recount. If the town decides to vote "no lynch", the next day will only have one lynch, since the town clearly came to a decision the previous day.

I'm not a fan of not doing anything and quite frankly, let's be numerical about this. 21 players and 5 mafia. Even if we solely lynch innocents, it would take about 13-14 phases before we're outnumbered by the mafia. We shouldn't be afraid to vote.

I'm not gonna vote for now and I'm gonna observe other players how they play, how they act and vote according to the person I deem more suspicious by the end of the day.

Actually, only 8 phases. You forgot the Mafia kill.

THE GAMEMASTER IS AWESMOE! Yes I'm bored...

I'm not a fan of not doing anything and quite frankly, let's be numerical about this. 21 players and 5 mafia. Even if we solely lynch innocents, it would take about 13-14 phases before we're outnumbered by the mafia. We shouldn't be afraid to vote.

I'm not gonna vote for now and I'm gonna observe other players how they play, how they act and vote according to the person I deem more suspicious by the end of the day.

He could be brutally honest, or he could be pulling a veil over himself RIGHT NOW guys. *walks around Hellion, studying carefully*

I deduce that he's making a positive gesture here, but his explaining his reasons for his vote before he votes may be concealing something more for revealing his strategy so openly this early in the game. :nods head vigorously:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom