• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Animal Mafia Game Abandoned due to general inactivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolking503

now's the time to shine
Reaction score
Don't worry guys this won't start until one of the other two mafia games are over, but Rayne Snowe Said I should post the signups now so, yeah.

This game is rather beginner friendly, so don't hesitate to join. Of course, I do want everyone else to join too, and there should be enough roles for a mix of both.

AS for theme, I was getting kinda sick in playing really closed themed games where fake claiming was impossible due to either not knowing the plot, or not having a good enough list of fake claims (How many mods are on BMGF, that weren't in the game). There also was a corny rule against Stating your name which is definitely not in game, as the game is open enough for people to think of fake claims. IMO half the fun of being mafia is thinking up fake claims.

I Just finished reading the last book in the hitchiker’s guide to the galaxy series, (when I originally wrote this up, almost a month ago) so my writing may be a bit, you know, HGttGish. So please bear with me. Story time!

Once upon a time there was God. Actually, it wasn’t at one particular time. God was always around. But this time was special, because God was bored. Actually, this wasn’t special either. You would get bored after a few trillion years too. The way God got rid of his boring was special. He decided he would play a game he discovered on the Internet (Technically, God invented everything, but if something you invent invents something, one might figure you would get credit, so God technically invented Mafia, he just didn’t realize it) called Mafia (slightly pre-empted, but whatever). Of course, he didn’t want to risk his own life (which was impossible, since he was immortal. Actually, he still is immortal, which makes it slightly confusing to talk about), and as such, decided to risk others. But what to risk? After the new law was passed in heaven against testing drugs on humans, he couldn’t play them. He wasn’t sure if he could or not, but he was already in a trial for a doghumanfighting case [any NFL fans here?], so decided not to take the risk. Animals seemed like a better choice. As such, he took a bunch of fish and chucked them across the land. The animals of the Animal Kingdom were annoyed by this, and told the aquatic animals to stop. They said they weren’t doing anything. Aquatic animals, as everyone knows, are very easily angered, and as such decided to attack the forest. However, since building cars was very expensive, they decided they could only send a few agents out there to fight. In the city, however, the pets of humans got annoyed. You see, most of them are underfed, and enjoyed the shower of food upon them. They decided to go and make the aquatic animals throw more fish out. Of course, the animals in the water told them that they couldn’t and that they might reconsider once they were done with war they were fighting with the Animal Kingdom. Of course this was to gain an ally, but the pets had different idea. They decided that not only are the aquatic animals enemies, but the Animal Kingdom should also suffer for causing the aquatic animals for not throwing more fish out. So the pets took some of their best troops and one of their owners’ Ferraris. Unfortunately, they got a flat so they had to walk there. They quickly joined the camp in the same state as all the others, tired. As such, instead of fighting, they decided upon a much more peaceful, diplomatic solution. Actually, they were all up for fighting but God (remember him?) kinda forced it upon them. So they all were forced to play a game of mafia, like we know now. The results? Only time (and God, maybe) will tell.

Rules (READ, particularly #8, as it is unique):
1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, unless you are mafia and on the same team, in which case you may talk with members of your team only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player. There is NO DEADTALKER role, and no deadtalking is allowed, except for one BAH! post which cannot provide any info. Got it?

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Night 0, but starting from Day 1 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "lynch USER" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. Once there is a majority as determined by the host, there will be a grace period of 3 hours, and if the majority is still in place after said grace period, the day will end. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided a host is there to update). The game will start on Night 0, but deaths can happen on Night 0 just like any other night.

4.5. If there's a tie, both users with the highest amount of votes will be lynched, but no lynch will take place the next day.

5. Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to send your night action. Please state what you are doing in the PM title, it makes it MUCH easier to handle. Remember that PMs are to be sent to Coolking503.

5.5. If you're not going to do anything at night, send a PM titled "Night X - idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game.

6. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed.

7. This game features items. Items can be used at the same time as regular night actions, unless stated otherwise. You can give an item away during either the day or night, by sending a pm to Coolking503 stating "Night/Day X - Give ITEM to USER." You cannot use an item during the same night you give it away, however you can use an unrelated ability whilst giving away an item. Giving away an item has the lowest priority, and if you are killed/lynched the same night/day you attempt to give away an item, it won't be moved.

8. There is no "Scavenger" ability, and information about items (neither those initially held nor those held upon death) will not be revealed upon a user's death. Stealing abilities aren’t allowed to target a dead user as any item lost through death will be placed in a pile. Any night you may skip your action and instead pick up an item in the pile. Depending on what is the priority of your action, you will get an item, maybe. If you have multiple action that you can do simultaneously you can choose which one to skip, and you can still use the other.

9. There are no modkills, only GODkills. God is killing you, deal with it.

10. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If I notice that you seem to be idle, I reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. I'll most likely nudge first, though. If you tell me how long you will be gone for I can possibly await your return or get a temporary sub.

11. If you need help with making a fake PM, I can help you, however I have both an example and a format out, so it shouldn't be too hard. Don't be afraid to contact me about anything.

12. Be careful who you trust. I'm not going to give a real reason as to why (outside of the fact that saying this is a custom of mine), but everyone would do well to be more cautious than normal (like usual).

13. I want to know about any spreadsheets, QT's, IRC Channels, etc you make. If I don't know that is breaking the rules and you will be punished, got it? Also, pm'ing me discussions which happen or what happened during the phase with your night result would be nice as well.

14. If you change your name, say so in the thread.

15. If your role says an item cannot be stolen, it can't be given away either. It can be retrieved however (see rule 8)
If you think i forgot something post it or tell me.

-----

Sample role PM:

Dear Coolking503, You are God.
god.jpg

You are an immortal being who cannot die. You are extremely smart and extremely strong, as well as being very talented. You are worshipped by people around the world, but are known to live in heaven. You joined this conflict because you wanted to see who the superior animal was, and you also get bored up in heaven and wanted to see animals fight. You almost got jailed for trying to do it up there.

You are a host. As such, at any time, you can send a pm to Coolking503 saying “night/day x - kill <user>”. This allows you to kill a user. You can do this because of your amazing godly powers. You can also send Coolking503 a pm at any time saying “night/day x - replace <user1> with <user2>”. User1 will be kicked out of the conflict, presumably for not fighting, and User2 will be forced in instead. You can do this thanks to your Godly influence over stuff (read: everything).

You are holding an item. It is a thunderbolt. This item allows you to call the game at any time. This item cannot be stolen, so don’t worry. It can only be used once.

You are allied with yourself, because you aren’t really part of any of the 3 categories. You win if the game goes trough smoothly and one faction wins.

I would say good luck but you invented luck, so you already own it.
___

Role PM format:

Dear <user>, You are <Animal>.
*pic*[./img]
You are a <brief description of class, genus, and other stuff> . You are ____ smart and _____ strong, as well as being ______ talented.<Location details>. You joined this conflict because <reason>.

You are a <role>. As such, at <day/night>, you can send a pm to Coolking503 saying “<night/day> x - <action> <user>”. This allows you to <role>. You can do this because of your <talent>. <secondary power is same as first if aplicable>.

You are(n’t) holding an item. It is a <item>. This item allows you to <use>. This item can(not) be stolen, so <don’t worry>/<be careful>. It can only be used once/It is always in use, regardless of if you like it or not.

You are allied with <faction>. You win if <your faction> eliminates all hostile threats or nothing can prevent the same.

Good luck.

---

Player List: [Dont take stock in the numbers]

[B]1. Turtwig's A-B-C's[/B]
[B]3. Ryuutakashi[/B]
[s][B]4. Epic Yoshi[/B][/s] Rayne
[B]5. Holo-Chan[/B]
[B]6. Badal[/B]
[B]7. Mintaka*[/B]
[B]9. Hellion[/B]
[B]10. Lizzxxk[/B]
[B]11. Coasting Wingull[/B]
[B]12. Ultra Pidgeot[/B]
[B]13. Tsutarja[/B]
[B]14. Turt-turt-turtwig![/B]
[B]15. Iteru[/B]
[B]16. PokeMad[/B]
[B]17. Mijzelffan[/B]
[B]19. Sourcandy[/B]
[B]20. Mingy Jongo[/B]
[B]21. Commanderpigg[/B]
[B]22. weegee[/B]
[B]23. phoenicks[/B]
[B]24. ghaskan[/B]
[B]25. teh shiny drapion[/B]
[B]26. minimag[/B]
[B]28. goldeentail[/B]
[s]29. Lucario Girl[/s] [B]Shiny Celebi[/B]
[B]31. Feliciano[/B]

Dead:
Ryuuketashi (massacared night 1)
Lizxxk (mysteriously lynched day 2)
Phoenicks (died because of potato poisoning night 2)
Rayne (Crushed night 2)
Goldeentail (The bigger they are, the harder they fall, day 3)
Tsutarja (killed night 3)
Mijzelffan (killed night 3)
Teh Shiny Drapion (unknowingly pushed off a cliff while asleep, day 4)

It is now n0. It is a normal night except all kills will fail. You may use all other actions, however. It will last 60 hours, until 11 am (+5.5 GMT) on Sunday (again, timezones, so check your date too).

Please confirm you have got your role in thread. Send in a night action or confirm tonight or I will sub you out.

Theme song: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY--Yu4kzz0&ob=av2el[/url]
is there a code for embedding videos?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Animal Mafia n0 and confirmations

Confirming my role.

Last edited:

Zis is Ryuu, and I am joost here to reconfirm zat I ave gotten my role.

Confirming my role. And if for example I don't wanna do anything, do I send a PM or do nothing?

Then send in a pm saying idle. I would request everyone who doesn't want to do anything at night do that, since it makes my life easier, and If I dont get any pms from you for 2 nights in a row I will sub you out, regardless of your activity level.

Alright thanks. This will be interesting, indeed.

CONFIRMING MY ROLE.

Got my role PM.

Re-confirming my role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom