• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia A General "Town VS Mafia" END - TOWN VICTORY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
TOWN vs. MAFIA

There have been plenty of themes for the mafia games here.
Warriors (I should start reading), BMGf (I thought of an idea, but dropped it), Death Note, Harry Potter, etc…
But there hasn’t been a “plain” mafia VS town. So I chose to host one in that theme.
I will write plots. It won’t be a blah game where the host says only “[A player] was lynched. He was one of the town players. Night X starts now”.
That will be boring (and not my type of a game neither).

BACKGROUND for this game

SETTING: Around early 1900s, Migae-do
Around the time Korea began more to be more open to other countries and their trades...
At a small village on an island, an event brings attention to the people of an underground criminal group that seems to have made the island their base of operations...
But everyone has been living on this island for a long while...who are innocent townsfolk and who are part of the 'mafia'?

The townsfolk decides to bring an old yet previously forbidden tradition to kill off a suspicious person, one at a time...
...while the 'mafia' kill off an innocent at their chance in hopes to eventually kill everyone else and leave the island.

Tutorial (slightly edited from Rayne’s)
There are two sides for the players. One is the “Town”, and the other is the “mafia”. The majority of the players are the town (I will sometimes refer to them as “innocent”).

Most of the town players do not know each other. Their goal is to get rid of all the mafia players.
The mafia players know each other from the start of the game. Their goal is to outnumber the town players.
As soon as one side achieves its goal, the game ends.

At every “Day”, all players are allowed to vote a person to be lynched. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is ‘killed’ or removed from play.

Mafia makes a kill during the Night phases.
(Just to avoid confusion; in this game, as long as at least one mafia player is alive during the night and they nominate a target to me, the night kill will be made.)

Some players have special abilities that can be activated at Day or Night, or anytime. There may be other conditions for activations so keep those conditions in mind. They will be stated in your role PM.

This game will be quite friendly to the newcomers should they sign up. Reasons for this rating:
1. After the plots, I will list the events that happened for easy recognition. Especially if the plots get long. (I doubt this, though)
2. The roles and their abilities are just the way they are given in the role PMs. Nothing more or less. I don’t expect twists unless someone plans something that crazy.

RULES

#1. As the host, I claim the right to add, edit, or delete rules as needed in this game.

#2. I will modkill for:
- Without warning: You cannot mention your role’s name. It will be romanized from a Korean word. Never post NOR send via PMs. The only person in this game that can write down those role names is…me.
- Without warning: Role PMs can never be distributed. Don't share them. They cannot be posted in the thread. They cannot be shared via PMs. Even among mafia members, don't share your role PMs.
- Posting PM conversations in the thread. If you want to share them, do it ‘privately’ via PMs or QuickTopic. If you want to share information from a PM, then re-word it.
- Poor sportsmanship. We're here to have fun. I'll do my best not to make mistakes. Please bear with me.
- Inactivity: If you must be absent, then please tell me. I will not modkill or replace you then. But keep in mind; you can be killed in-game (lynch or night kill).

#3. I would like copies of your PMs. Conversations, planning, anything. It will help me write accurate plots and check for any mischief/mistakes. If you make a QuickTopic, please give me the link. If you use a name other than your username, tell me what name you’re using in the QT.

I have no idea how to use IRC channel or whatever else, so I’d appreciate it if you use QuickTopic. (Blame my ignorance and wacky laziness.)

#4. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me via PM. I will answer to the most extent possible.

#5. If you change your username, please post in the thread AND send me a Visitor Message/Private Message.

#6. Once you’re dead, please refrain from posting in the thread. Some simple “last words” should be fine. As for contacting via PMs or QT, I’ll be fine with that. I would like to limit to for sharing information acquired prior to death (like cop reports) or for strategic purposes. Send me the copies of the PMs, please.

#7. For voting, say "Vote: [player]" or "Lynch [player]". To cancel that, just post "Unvote: [player]" and then post a new name if you want to.
I will not distinguish 'No lynch' with a tie. And at every day, there will be only ONE lynch.

About night actions, you can change the target too, as long as it's before I am updating it. Some night actions will take effect upon the moment that I read the PM, so keep that in mind.

#8. ABOUT ROLE-CLAIMING
As long as you do not share your role’s name (a Korean word) and your role PM, other ways of role-claiming are completely fine. If you think your role depicts a schoolmaster, you can mention it, like “I think my role means ‘schoolmaster'”. Or if you would like to say that you have the power of roleblocking, you can share that. (Although I wouldn’t…?)
(If you find a way to translate the meaning of your role’s name into English and want to share it, I won't stop you. Just do not post your role PM nor your role's name directly.)

UPDATES
Each phase will last for 24 hours.

Due to school, I'll have to update much later in my time (at night), as I can't assure a secure update at school (I don't have a laptop).
Thus I am thinking of updating at 10:00 PM in my time, GMT +9. (Should be 8:00 AM in EST,).
I am sorry for any inconveniences. If I have an early access to the PC (such as at most weekends), then I'll update earlier than this.
In all cases, ANY ACTIONS OR VOTES MADE BEFORE I MAKE MY UPDATES WILL BE REGARDED VALID.
(Credit for this particular rule should go to Archaic, who used this rule for the Twelve Days of Christmas contests.)
PLAYERS
- lizzxxk : killed in Night 4, "drunkard", TOWN*
- Shiny Celebi *
- Mijzelffan : killed in Night 8, "farmer", TOWN *
- Sourcandy : lynched in Day 4, "mayor", TOWN*
- Betrayal : killed in Night 2, "merchant", TOWN
- Panu *
- hurristat *
- Phoenicks : killed in Night 5, "vagabond", NEUTRAL*
- Synthesis : lynched in Day 3, "government official", TOWN
- Axel Helios : lynched in Day 5, "thief", MAFIA *
- Neonsands : killed in Night 6, "widower", TOWN
- Iteru : killed in Night 3, the "fortune teller", TOWN *
- Opossumguy lynched Day 9, "blind man", MAFIA*
- IceKyurem : lynched Day 2, the "spirit medium", TOWN
- Thunder Lord Z *
- Chronicle : lynched Day 6, "hunter", MAFIA*
- Forgotten Rider *
- Mario Head : killed in Day 3, the "beggar", TOWN
- J J M *
- Chaos Chao : lynched DAY 8, "boss", MAFIA
- Corruption : lynched Day 7, "druggist", MAFIA

Subs
-Pokemad
-Dragoness
-weegee
-TheMakutoa

Just in case, I’ll post what the format of your Role PMs will be like.
Mintaka*, you are [bem].
^ your role’s name, which will be Romanized from a Korean word.
(Translation of your role’s name will be given later, upon your death)

[You watch over the island’s residents freely. People stay away from you because they believe you are the sign of bad luck. They just simply don’t do anything to you. But you can move freely around the island, and can listen to what they are talking about, what they are doing, etc.
You, as a young individual, came from overseas, as a freeloader aboard a merchant’s ship. Thus you can understand both Korean and this foreign language that originates somewhere over the sea.

You can kill anyone, at any time should you want to. You can activate this ability at any time, multiple times if needed.]
^ Descriptions about your role

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: A General "Town VS Mafia" game - taking sign-ups

Yesss I need another game to play :)

What, no roleclaiming? D:

You said so in rule #2. "I will modkill for: -Stating what your role is, IN ANY FORMAT."

Anyway, Mijzelffan

You had to post that after I edited my previous post xD

Anyway, found the mistake. I forgot to edit that part after copying this from a document file I wrote before posting here.

To make it clear, you can role claim all you like...as long as you don't post the direct proof of it - the role PM. I actually meant to say that posting the role PM in any format wasn't allowed in this game...but I seemed to have worded it wrong xD

Last edited:
Re: A General "Town VS Mafia" game - taking sign-ups + discussions

/in

I'll be in this

why not.

/in

ooh, these are my strong suits... in.

I'm in.

Can I be a sub? I'm in too many mafia's atm.

In

:O ShadowJake, you're joining a mafia?

I'd like to join this

EDIT: or perhaps I'll join as a sub >.<

Last edited:

I'll get in this. First time-er, I'm gonna fail miserably.

I'd like to join this

EDIT: or perhaps I'll join as a sub >.<

Sure, I'll edit that in.

I'll get in this. First time-er, I'm gonna fail miserably.

Don't worry. Everyone starts somewhere xD
If you have any questions, let me know via PM and I'll answer them to the most extent possible. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom