• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Iwata affirms Pokémon on 3DS: Fans await further announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Iwata affirms Pokémon on 3DS: Fans await further announcements

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has added fuel to the fire of speculation surrounding an upcoming Pokémon game for the 3DS. Although very few details have been announced, fans are already buzzing about what is likely to be the next game in the franchise.

Read more on Bulbanews

So far if they're announcing a 3DS Pokemon game this early, this could easily mean a few things.

A: The reveal of the 6th Gen is similar to Diamond and Pearl's reveal which took place in the middle of the 3rd Gen.

B: It is simply a spin-off as the last paragraph suggests.

C: The 3rd version and possible R/S remakes are not on the DS, but instead the 3DS. The 3DS uses the same wireless connection settings as a DS and DSi it seems, so trading between the DS B/W and the 3DS Grey would be very possible.

As I said before, I expect something from Ambrella. Anything else would be a pleasant surprise. :p

Especially with the 3D present, it is almost inevitable for Pikachu 3DS to not happen. It would be interesting if they tried to expand it with using other Pokemon as well and add more interaction, à la Nintedogs. Remember the Pikachu DS Tech Demo (which was actually embedded in Pokemon Dash)? Since this didn't leave the demo state, many touch screen concepts are also on-topic with the supposed project, besides 3D.

Either way, while I wouldn't say I'm excited, I'm curious about whether they will do a nice game for kids, or just a quick cash-in. It would be a shame, given how many options they have to make a virtual-pet game with this, as well as the previous hardware's innovations. :p

Being that he only said "a Pokemon game", that could mean anything.

I really hope if they actually DO make R and S remakes, they won't be on the 3DS. I don't want to buy another system to play what will be my new favorite game.

"More than fifty games?" Fuuuuudge.

Also, I'll put money on this being a spin-off. It's too early for a main series title.

In my opinion, this means one of the following:

-RSEmakes
-Gen V 3rd version

I hope it's the first option, but on the other hand, I wouldn't want to be forced to buy the 3DS just to play the games.

I'm definitely gonna buy a 3DS anyway, so all the better if there's gonna be Pokemon games coming out on it. Hopefully it's an actual main series game rather than a spin off. People argued with me and told me it couldn't happen, but I fiercely supported my claims, and here we are with a confirmed 3DS title even before the release of B/W (in the western world). I can only hope that it'll be a worthwhile game. Even if it's not a main series game, as long as it's a fun spinoff I'm fine with it. Some spinoffs, like Snap were surprisingly fun, but others like Trozei and Dash disappointed me. I just hope it's a legitimately fun game, whatever it is.

So far if they're announcing a 3DS Pokemon game this early, this could easily mean a few things.

A: The reveal of the 6th Gen is similar to Diamond and Pearl's reveal which took place in the middle of the 3rd Gen.

Except we're not in the middle of this generation and Nintendo's changed their style to only give information closer to the actual release date.

in the middle of Gen III we got Pokemon Ranger for the DS. I predict that this will be the Gen 5 spin-off equivalent.

RSEMakes will be Gen 6, and 3rd version will be on the DS.

I hope that this game isnt going to be like Pokemon Colosseum/XD. I really want those to be on the Wii

B: It is simply a spin-off as the last paragraph suggests.

C: The 3rd version and possible R/S remakes are not on the DS, but instead the 3DS. The 3DS uses the same wireless connection settings as a DS and DSi it seems, so trading between the DS B/W and the 3DS Grey would be very possible.

I'm sure that the last two would be the more likely. It's far too soon for Gen VI, seeing as how Black and White haen't been released internationally yet.

Aside from that, I'm fine with having a spin-off or a Gen III remake. And I'm sure everyone else is fine with that too, because the amount of activity here's spiked enough to slow this place down.

Thanks Iwata, for giving us a little bit of the future's taste~

Last edited:
I hope that this game isnt going to be like Pokemon Colosseum/XD. I really want those to be on the Wii
I wouldn't worry about it. If they're bothering to develop a new Wii game, which they are, chances are that they have a good reason for it.

The 3DS game, on the other hand, could turn out to be fairly gimmicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom