• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cancelled Games Audi Famam Caedis [CANCELLED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikalax

Electric Glutton
Reaction score
This Mafia game has been cancelled on May 12, 2011 by pikalax.

Translation: "I have heard rumors of murder."

It's villains versus heroes as insanity joins the Brawl! Through a strange and complicated series of events, every Brawl character has been placed in the body of a different 5th-Generation Pokemon. They were told not to reveal who they really were to one another. All they were told was this: The classic villains have been instructed to kill one hero each night. Can the heroes find the villains before it is too late, or will the villains prevail and rule the world?

RULES

Different Brawl characters will be assigned at random, each with a different effect on how the game is played. The game will basically be split between the heroes and the villains. The villains all know who is on which side, but the heroes are completely lost and may find themselves befriending their mortal enemies.

There will be two stages in this game: a day, which lasts 3-5 IRL days; and a night, which lasts up to 2 IRL days. During the day, players will vote on who they think is a villain, and the player with the most votes will be killed at nightfall. At night, the villains will collaborate via PM and decide who to murder, and the Head Honcho will PM the consensus to the game moderator (in this case, to Pikalax). When a player is killed, their Brawl persona will be revealed in the thread.

There are 37 characters in Brawl, so enrollment in the game will be capped at 37. (NOTE: I count the Pokemon Trainer as three separate characters, but Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS are both single-character duos.) When you fill out the questionnaire to sign up, you must answer "Kirby" to the first question. There will be 5 villains: Bowser, Wario, Wolf, King Dedede, and Head Honcho Ganondorf. The other 32 players will be either heroes or independents. But even with the odds on your side, you may find yourself fighting a losing battle.

The Roles
Villain
The villains are the targets during the day. At night, they can collaborate with one another via PM to kill a living hero. Once that's been decided, the Head Honcho will forward the message to me. In the event that the Head Honcho is killed during the day, the new Head Honcho will be determined according to this hierarchy: Ganondorf > Bowser > King Dedede > Wolf > Wario.

The villains win if they outnumber the heroes and independents at any point during the game, be it morning or evening.

Head Honcho
You call the shots during the night. You can either listen to your comrades and kill whoever they decide to kill, or you can kill someone entirely different and shock your fellow villains! Each night, the Head Honcho must communicate directly to me who they wish to kill.

Hero
You're trying to find the villains and restore peace to the Smash World. You do so by voting out one player each day. Votes should be presented in this format:

Vote: evkl

To change your vote, you must first revoke your previous vote as such:

Unvote: evkl
Vote: Hellion

A simple majority is required to successfully kill a player. For example, if there are 25 players left, 13 votes are needed to kill the player. For example, if there are 22 players left, 12 votes are needed. If the day ends before the required number of votes is reached, a random player will die instead.

The heroes win when all the Villains are dead.

Priest
This player can protect any other player from the villains' attacks. They will PM me the USERNAME of the player they wish to protect.

Seer
Wise and foreseeing, the seer has the ability to find out more about one player each night. The seer will PM me the USERNAME of the player about which they wish to learn more.

Independents
These are players who are neither Villains nor Heroes. They two have unique roles that they can use to get themselves further in the game.

An Independent will win if they are the last one standing.

Mini-Roles
Every character has a bio and at least one ability. These abilities have different effects and conditions, so make sure you're using your role correctly. If you have any questions about your role in particular, don't hesitate to PM me. Though I must warn you - I am somewhat cryptic. Some of these roles include role blocking, vote blocking, and extra killing. Be careful how you use your role, because it just may blow up in your face!

A word on night roles - you CANNOT use your night role on the same player twice. This is to make the game fun and enjoyable for all.

The Don'ts of AUDI FAMAM CAEVIS

You CAN NOT talk to other people in the game through PMs, IMs, email, etc. There are some roles that allow this, but on the whole, nobody should be doing this. If I am told that someone has broken this rule, it most likely will result in an automatic modkill.

Don’t edit your posts, as each post is a valuable bit of information. If you edit a post once, you will receive a public warning. After the second edit, a pack of wild Tauros will trample you underfoot, essentially modkilling you.

Each person will have a unique role (some multiple roles), so revealing your role while many Villains are about is a bad idea. Heck, revealing your role at any time, unless it is a last ditch attempt, is a bad idea. So keep your roles secret for as long as possible.

Do not quote anything I tell you from a PM directly; adapt it into your own speaking style. If you quote anything from my PMs directly, I will smite you with the rage of a thousand Arceus's and you will be modkilled.

What is a Modkill, exactly?

I have mentioned the term “modkill”. In a modkill, a person is killed during the day and all discussions and votes up to that point are completely null and void. The person modkilled is lynched that day, and the game goes immediately to night.

However, there is also an Inactivity Modkill. There is a random amount of time (between 4-7 days) that you must post at least once. Failure to do so will result in your replacement and/or instant modkill. If you have been inactive for a while, I will warn you publicly. After that, you're as good as modkilled.

If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time (i.e., longer than 4 IRL days), PM me and we will talk about either letting it slide or getting a replacement (temporary or permanent should the need be).

If you are banned from the site for any length of time, that counts as an automatic modkill.

If you have been modkilled in this game and you sign up for another Mafia game hosted by me later on, I will automatically waitlist you, which means you have no guarantee of getting in unless we end up with fewer people than desired registered at the sign-up cutoff date.

And what about the dead guys?

When you are killed off during the course of the game you CAN NOT talk in the game topic anymore. Any information you have accrued may not be passed onto another person. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN A BAN FROM ANY SEQUEL I MAY PLAN TO HOST.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, please PM me. I will be more than happy to answer them.

How to sign up

37 players will PM me the following registration form:

Code:
1) What is the best Brawl character? - 
2) What is your username? - 
3) What are your top three favorite 5th-generation Pokemon?  List in order from favorite to least favorite. - 
4) How often can you get on to play the game?  (i.e. Once a day, several times a day, etc.) -

REGISTERED PLAYERS
EpicYoshi:
501000.gif

Opossumguy:
609000.gif

IceKyurem:
646000.gif

Zhwoobatte:
617000.gif

! Thunder Lord Z:
494000.gif

BoredBeyondBelief:
593000.gif

SoulMelody:
502000.gif

Chuck Norris:
635000.gif

TFSpock:
596000.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Audi Famam Caedis [SIGNUP PHASE]

If we can't edit posts, then I think we should be allowed to double posts (more @ mods so we don't get infracted)

I also think timezone in terms of GMT should be a question.

1) What is the best Brawl character? - Kirby (or Yoshi)
2) What is your username? - I don't know
3) What are your top three favorite 5th-generation Pokemon? List in order from favorite to least favorite. - Pendorra, Birijion, Iwaperesu (sorry about the terrible spellings, Its how I remember them, regardless of how they are spelled)
4) How often can you get on to play the game? (i.e. Once a day, several times a day, etc.) - Several times a day

If I may ask, why PM, not post?

And isn't this a lot like Mafia, if not a carbon copy of PokeBeach werewolf?

I may have to put a temporary hold on signups - I may have started this thread without reading the War Room's rules first. Sheesh, what a hypocrite I am.

@coolking - The fact that you posted the registration form means you didn't read the rules either.

Re: Audi Famam Caedis [SIGNUPS ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE]

REGISTRATION HAS BEEN OPENED AGAIN SINCE IT'S MY TURN TO HOST. EpicYoshi has been accepted.

5-7 day-long phases and 3 day long nightphases? With 37 players this game can take up as long as 6 months that way... (I did not pull that out of thin air, I actually calculated that)

I'm going to restrict posting in the thread until the game starts. Until I say otherwise, any post in this thread will be regarded as spam. Accepted players who post in the thread will receive one strike for each offense; on the third strike, Kyurem will eat you, soul and all (essentially a modkill).

Mijzelffan does have a point though.

A game with phases that long historically goes dead with inactivity by the second or third day. Eventually people simply lose interest. Animal mafia, a comparable game in size and length, was popular to start and had plenty of players, but the lengthy updates left people disinterested so the game died prematurely.

The amount of players you're asking for is quite a lot as well. Given the fact long phases are a turn of for most players here, you may not reach your desired cap.

Just a caution if you proceed with your current format.

1) I changed the length of a Day to 3-5 IRL days and a night to 2 IRL days. I will try to make days and nights as short as I can (I usually end nights when the time has passed or when I have received all night PMs, whichever comes first).

2) Rayne, there is a posting restriction. No one is allowed to post in this thread until I say so. REDACTED

3) Non-players are never allowed to post in this thread. If you wish to join, please read the rules and PM me.

EDIT 4/27

The posting restriction has been lifted, it was a terrible idea from the get-go.

Last edited:
Re: Audi Famam Caedis [SIGNUP PHASE] **Posting restriction lifted**

so we can post now. Yay! I changed my name from Chuck Norris to Sgt.Pepper's.

This Mafia game is cancelled. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

This Mafia game is cancelled. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

And why, exactly? Because no one signed up, or you not being available, or what?

When Pikalax approached me, he said he would be busier than usual in the coming weeks and unable to properly host the game when it started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom