• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mall tour, movie debut announced for UK: Black and White promotions continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Mall tour, movie debut announced for UK: Black and White promotions continue

Earlier this week, a promotional mall tour for Pokémon Black and White launched in the US. It is know known that a similar tour will be held in the UK at the end of this month. Additionally, the date of the TV debut for Zoroark: Master of Illusions has been announced.

Read more on Bulbanews

Gah! I live 40 mins away from Westfield. Shame I'm not gutsy enough to turn up to one of these events. I can't wait for the movie here though!

Apart from Westfield London, none of these are close to where I live ]: I doubt I'll be allowed up to London on my own just for this- as awesome as it would be.

Yippee! I'm in London when this is taking place. I only care about the B/W preview, the merchandise and Celebi. This Celebi is probably the only instore event I'm ever going to get, considering
they never do Irish instore events. What perfect timing! :D

I don't want to get yelled at for leaking information by PokémonWorld's webmaster again, but the Zoroark movie will not be at the tour. The webmaster of PokémonWorld specifically asked about that, and was told that it wouldn't be.

Also, GameStop doesn't exist in the UK.

Why do my articles always get edited to such extremes? I know that some extra bulk is needed to make it look more substantial...but it's kind of annoying how Bulbapedia won't make the assumption that the leaked list of Gen V names is legitimate, yet they make assumptions with things like these; as word of the events came directly from Nintendo themselves, if they told me something was going to be there, I would have put it there. As it's my name as the author of the article, if something's wrong, it will fall on me. *sigh* [/RantOver].

Last edited:
Not "yelling" at you, Ryu, but there are Gamestops here in Ireland (in fact, there's one very near where I live). Are you completely positive there's not a single Gamestop in the UK?

Not "yelling" at you, Ryu, but there are Gamestops here in Ireland (in fact, there's one very near where I live). Are you completely positive there's not a single Gamestop in the UK?
I've never come across a GameStop store, despite me being all over the UK. The main Game retailers in the UK are GAME (Which has held Pokémon events in the past two years) and Gamestation.

There are GAMEs here too, but not as plentiful as gamestop. I'll guess I'll just download my Celebi there (if you even DO download Celebi).

I may actually go to the Glasgow event, though the thought of hundreds of screaming kiddies does put me off. And why does Birmingham get the one outside Selfidges? Still, we get the X Factor one! I would laugh if Simon Cowell or Jedward turned up at the event.

Why do my articles always get edited to such extremes? I know that some extra bulk is needed to make it look more substantial...but it's kind of annoying how Bulbapedia won't make the assumption that the leaked list of Gen V names is legitimate, yet they make assumptions with things like these; as word of the events came directly from Nintendo themselves, if they told me something was going to be there, I would have put it there. As it's my name as the author of the article, if something's wrong, it will fall on me. *sigh* [/RantOver].
Maybe because Bulbapedia and Bubanews are two separate parts of Bulbagarden run by different people.

Though I did not see your earlier draft did you just neglect to mention that the Zoroark movie wasn't showing or did you outright state that its not? I can see why it would be assumed to be true if you made no mention of it and why they would think it was just an oversight, but if you outright stated it wasn't, then I can see why you'd be upset.

I didn't mention the Zoroark movie, because earlier on, I got in huge trouble with PokémonWorld's webmaster for saying about something else not being there (which is evident in the history), as he got an email from Nintendo warning him about confidentiality. But I know for a fact that it isn't going to be there.

I went downstairs and had a nice cold drink, and have PM'd BulbaNews' editor explaining it and asking him to update it. I was irritated because I know that, as my name is listed as author, if Pokérob or Nintendo see it...big trouble.

I hope the article has been sufficiently updates. Apologies to those concerned.

To answer an earlier query: I extensively edit most Bulbanews articles as I have a high standard to which I must report. I always try to include background information and the occasional hypothesis or two, as it (a) makes the article more of a legitimate newspaper article, and (b) gives the reader more information, even if they know a little about the subject already. I try and take the approach of a first-time reader who is unfamiliar with the subject area; hopefully this works.

As Outrage noted, Bulbanews and Bulbapedia are run by different editorial staff and therefore have different rules. I found this hard to understand myself when I began writing for the Bulbawikis, but it is logical that an encyclopedia only accepts fact while a newspaper may provide based speculation (with a grain of salt) in certain situations.

If there are ever any concerns with articles I (or others) have published on Bulbanews, do not hesitate to speak with me (or the article writer, but you're welcome to speak straight with me) directly.

I was wondering, does bulbanews know for sure that celebi will not be distributed at this event? Im guessing you're the guy in the know Ryu Shoji, could you tell me if it's definative? Or an assumption because nintendo havent mentioned it being there?

I was wondering, does bulbanews know for sure that celebi will not be distributed at this event? Im guessing you're the guy in the know Ryu Shoji, could you tell me if it's definative? Or an assumption because nintendo havent mentioned it being there?
I've PM'd you on PokémonWorld with the details. Obviously, I can't outright say anything; because y'know, confidentials.

Is there are further information on what is actually going to be on at the mall tour in the UK yet? I've checked out all the locations websites and so far only one of them even acknowledges that this event is happening and all it really says is to preview the games and that's it.

I just don't wanna waste my money going all the way to Silverburn if all it is is a preview of the games - mostly because, for us in the UK, it comes out on the 4th and most of these tours are after that date... it seems pointless to me to go there to preview a game that I'm gonna actually have by then.

So, would someone be able to tell me what exactly is going to be at these events so that I can decide if it's worth spending a small fortune to go to Silverburn for?

Thanks in advance.

Has Nintendo never heard of Bluewater? It's one of the biggest shopping centres in Europe, and yet they never seem to go.

The 10th Anniversary event was at Bluewater, I believe. As for what's at this one... copies of Black and White to battle on, copies of Black and White demo to try, a copy of BW attached to a big screen which people can have turns playing the actual game on, and a competition to win a visit to Butlins. No movie. No Celebi.

Here's a review of the UK Pokemon Black and White mall tour.

http://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=3824

Honestly..it sounds disappointing just like the Canadian one.

Someone should probably edit the article on Bulbanews because clearly it's nothing like the American one.

That just sounds like...a waste of money to travel there just for the event. Maybe if it was something you randomly ran into...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom