• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

More Pokémon: Dungeon of Mystery details revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxim said:
Sugimori Artwork on these scanned pages is so cool!

To me, only the artwork on the left side of the first scan looks like Sugimori's work; the rest looks like it was done by someone else -- likely someone from Chunsoft -- trying to imitate him.

I also think only the boxart artworks are made by Sugimori.

Last edited:
Either way, it is very, very nice. At least that I what I think. Excited. At least it has touch screen.

It seems as though the Red version surpasses Blue in the ability to link to other players, whereas Blue surpasses Red in utilizing the Nintendo DS' two screens and Touch Pen. This represents the co-existence of the GBA and Nintendo DS, as Red is by no means inferior to Blue.

Incidentally, communication between Toroze players is essential for finding legendary Pokémon. Other than that, the Blue version will be able to communicate with Toroze. Details on the sort of communication are said to be revealed on the official site next month.

Unlike Dash, neither one of these games is compatible with the traditional RPG games. The communication presented in Dash was geared at a gimmick, using Pokémon sprites as courses. I would rather such communication be used to benefit the traditional games; this may only be possible if the latter games are programmed for this in advance. Indeed, Ranger has been confirmed to be released before Diamond/Pearl, only to account for further bonuses later on.

On another note, this month's CoroCoro should be available tomorrow, if not as soon as today. If one thing is for certain, it is that the content will not be a repetition of the Daisuki Club magazine. CoroCoro always offers exclusive news--it is the other magazines (and even the official site) which recycle available information. Is this a sign that we can expect news on the traditional games, seeing as the spin-off ones have been sufficiently covered?

I always feel a bit strange about CoroCoro's claim to exclusive information, as if it were leaked. It's not like they have to sneak into the offices of GameFreak or Creatures or Shōgakukan or Nintendo or TV Tokyo and photograph documents on microfilm and then escape - indeed, they are published by a division of Shōgakukan anyway - all they have to do is ask.

As far as games coverage is concerned, CoroCoro merely precedes the official Japanese site by a few days, and that is by no means a coincidence. The Daisuki Club and Pokémon Wonderland magazines can add little pieces of information of their own, but breaking news stories are strictly reserved to CoroCoro. For instance, the first indication of the development of Emerald was a preview of the Pokémon Wonderland magazine, but in the end, CoroCoro came forth with the news.

Edit: Scans of four pages from the Famitsu magazine have been uploaded to a Japanese image posting board. Once again, these scans focus on the Mysterious Dungeon games; they contain some new information, or at least elaborate on previously known features. Based on the images alone, it can be derived that Red and Blue are able to communicate through the Nintendo DS' GBA port.
Also included is an interview with Satoshi Tajiri, Tsunekazu Ishihara and Shigeru Miyamoto. It is interesting to compare this interview with the one regarding Diamond/Pearl, held in July with Jun'ichi Masuda, Tsunekazu Ishihara and Ken Sugimori. It is ever so clear that Satoshi Tajiri has little to do with the actual development of the traditional games, which should be of no surprise once one considers that Jun'ichi Masuda has gradually filled in his place since the days of Gold/Silver.

With the Mysterious Dungeon games covered in both the Daisuki Club magazine and now Famitsu, it appears highly likely that something else has been kept for CoroCoro.

Last edited:
Hmm, that title almost collides with the earlier article... looks like we might have to start thinking about how to deal with these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom