• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masuda dismisses "No third version" speculation: Game director denies rumor that ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Masuda dismisses "No third version" speculation: Game director denies rumor that ...

In an recent interview Junichi Masuda dispelled the rumor that there will be no third version of Pokémon Black and White.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Masuda dismisses "No third version" speculation: Game director denies rumor that

I wonder if he did that just to say that we might have a third version...

Re: Masuda dismisses "No third version" speculation: Game director denies rumor that

Am I the only one tired of this back-and-forth crap?

It was obvious from the start there'd be one anyway.

Well I guess I'm gonna sit back and wait for Gray, then...

Kidding... I can't wait that long. Not with Black just around the corner...

Well, all this has really done is reset the situation to what it was before all of this started. Third version neither confirmed nor denied.

Finally...

Good to see that Masuda-san is answering a lot of questions recently.

I am. Honestly, I wish people would use some of their own common sense without blindly following words of others.

I dont know whether or not to get White or wait for Grey now!

I am. Honestly, I wish people would use some of their own common sense without blindly following words of others.

It was a GAME FREAK staff member though.

A relieable source.

However, on this occasion, it was most likely a translation error.

I knew this too.

Gamefreak obviously likes money. More Pokemon equals more money. A third version is their legitimate excuse to omit key features from previous games; Then, bring them back into a "third version" to give you a reason to buy the game.

There is going to be a third version without a doubt. However, some motherfucker who needs the last word will instigate an argument anyway. I'm getting all 3 versions anyway, because I have the money. Buying the first two is only seventy dollars out of my pocket. Another 35 dollars down the line is nothing.

It was a GAME FREAK staff member though.

A relieable source.

However, on this occasion, it was most likely a translation error.

I'm going to respond to yours with something said before

this is such crap. why is this becoming news all over? this is regular protocol people. they have to say "no" when asked "will it happen" or else it becomes an announcement, and those announcements are carefully planned, hyped, and scheduled.

this is pokemon company's protocol as well. i once got to have a heart-to-heart with a pokemon company employee. since i run a merchandise community, i asked him merchandise stuff, including, are you guys going to make raikou, entei and suicune pokedolls now that HGSS is coming out? and he said no. we will not be making those. absolutely not.

weeks later? they were announced. these dolls are planned up to half a year ahead of time. he even sought me out in the store and said "did you see the announcement? sorry i told you we'd never make them... THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE TO SAY TO THOSE KINDS OF QUESTIONS."

But in any case, I think we should all stop fighting about this for one reason or another.

No Shit there is a third game.

Game Freak want's their money, and like their workers, we must pay them as often as possible.

There is going to be a third version without a doubt. However, some motherfucker who needs the last word will instigate an argument anyway.
Lol. How can anyone argue with this? It comes from the big dog himself Junichi Masuda. I think its pretty much set in stone now. Can't wait to get my 3rd version.

No, really?

Nintendo does everything for money, artistic integrity be damned.

No, really?

"Every company does everything for money"

This gets tiring after a while, really. True or not for some companies, it's been said before.

But anyway, the blind faith is what gets me.

and so the Pokemon Gray speculation begins...

Yea, there's no doubt they gonna be a 3rd game. Nuff' said

I'm glad he made this announcement.

No, really?

They're a for profit company, why wouldn't they?

Lol. How can anyone argue with this? It comes from the big dog himself Junichi Masuda. I think its pretty much set in stone now. Can't wait to get my 3rd version.

Ahem. Nowhere in that interview is it stated that there will be a third version. He simply said he hadn't ruled it out. He would likely say the same thing if you asked him if there was a possibility of a Drill Dozer sequel - that doesn't mean I'm holding my breath for one.

So, to reiterate: the third version is no more 'confirmed' now than it was a month ago. You may feel, as I do, that a third version is highly likely based on past form. But the people taking this as 'confirmation' are reading far too much into it.

And this brings me to a wider point. Over the last few days there's been a lot of back and forth between people who bought into the "no third version" rumour, and those who didn't. If I see people starting to bash and insult others because they took an opposing side in this 'debate', I will lock this thread quicker than a Ninjask riding the shinkansen. Play nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom