• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A Blog Where Mari Jumps In And Out Of The Void

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
I haven't talked here in a while so aaaaa! First of all I'm sorry for going dark on everyone, that's 100% on me. I hope you all can forgive me for that.

I've been going through a lot, both ups and downs. I've been doing a lot of soul searching (and job searching, and college searching, and just searching in general) and just trying to get some stable footing. I hope this can be something of a reintroduction of sorts.

So yeah! Hi, I'm ConfectionerMari, I use they/them and am, in general, kind of a mess all of the time and then some. I like to talk about jellyfish a ton, and I also love to make sweets. I can't promise I'll be as active as I was before because life is like a roller coaster currently, but I'll try to say Hello from time to time.

My favorite song currently (and my self described anime opening) is Cult Pop Suicide by Wienners

I hope I haven't ruined anything by going dark with no explanation and then showing up just as abruptly. I hope everyone is doing well!

I want to keep on moving forward!

It's nice to see you back Mari! I was wondering recently how you were doing. Hope everything's been okay even if life has been (and continues to be) very busy for you.

My favorite song currently (and my self described anime opening) is Cult Pop Suicide by Wienners
this is really freakin' good, there is so much happening in this song despite being <1 min long and I'm loving it

Glad you're stopping by around here again; take it easy and good luck with all your various searches :bulbaLove:

Boo! You didn’t expect it, but it’s me! Again! Jeez I really need to work on consistency.

But hello! I’ve been going to community college mostly, otherwise I don’t really have too much to talk about as per usual. I’ve been planning on where I want to go for university, but nothings really set in stone yet. For now I’ve just been studying lol.

I have really been thinking about a lot of things. I know I’m not the most active and I don’t usually have a lot to say, but I really wish I did. I feel kind of intimidated by blogging in that regard, because it involves talking, usually about yourself and what is going on in your life. I just am more of a listener, even though I wish I had stuff to say.

I wouldn’t say my life is that interesting, I don’t usually have a lot of stuff going on that people would like to hear about. I worry I’m kind of forgettable lol.

But everyone here has so much going on, and I find that really cool! It’s nice to see how you all are doing sometimes, even if I can’t find anything to say. So I guess what I mean to say is, you all are really cool and I appreciate you!

This is a complete change in direction, but I was also able to order a Jirachi mascot keychain from Amazon Japan. It should be arriving sometime around October 10th. It glows in the dark apparently, despite being a plush! I’m really excited to get it.

If I could do anything right now, I would go grab a good luck charm from a Shinto shrine. I feel like I need some luck if I want to go to a fully-fledged college soon lol.

As per usual, I hope everyone is doing alright! Maybe one day I’ll actually be consistent ( ; -ω-) take care!

Well hello there~!
Boo! You didn’t expect it, but it’s me! Again! Jeez I really need to work on consistency.

But hello! I’ve been going to community college mostly, otherwise I don’t really have too much to talk about as per usual. I’ve been planning on where I want to go for university, but nothings really set in stone yet. For now I’ve just been studying lol.
Same here!! I wish you luck on your college stuff, my quarter started yesterday!! ʕº̫͡ºʔ I hope you're taking fun classes?
This is a complete change in direction, but I was also able to order a Jirachi mascot keychain from Amazon Japan. It should be arriving sometime around October 10th. It glows in the dark apparently, despite being a plush! I’m really excited to get it.
You sent it to me and I've had it in my mind since then... tell me if you like it! (not like you won't LOL) Then I'll probably actually get it too?
If I could do anything right now, I would go grab a good luck charm from a Shinto shrine. I feel like I need some luck if I want to go to a fully-fledged college soon lol.
Iiiiiii can help you with that!! I'll message you the details later (feel free to poke me if I forget) but! I know how you'll be able to get legit, authentic, shrine-blessed omamori. It's pretty easy to do honestly? (and pretty cheap all things considered) still needs to request one of her own
As per usual, I hope everyone is doing alright! Maybe one day I’ll actually be consistent ( ; -ω-) take care!
It's nice seeing you again! I know we chat every so often LOL but... well you know.

Same here!! I wish you luck on your college stuff, my quarter started yesterday!! ʕº̫͡ºʔ I hope you're taking fun classes?
The one I’m taking is pretty good! It’s just a simple Geography class, but I’m honestly really enjoying it. The teacher is really chill, and he also taught an astronomy class before this! The fact that it’s relatively simple is quite nice, it’s helping ease me back into being comfortable in classroom environments, y’know? I’m happy that I’m taking it!
but! I know how you'll be able to get legit, authentic, shrine-blessed omamori. It's pretty easy to do honestly? (and pretty cheap all things considered) still needs to request one of her own
I just saw your messages, and thank you so so much!! I feel like we could all use some good luck sometimes, so I really like omamori. I’ll probably get one for good luck with studying and one to help with college applications, and probably some other ones www
You sent it to me and I've had it in my mind since then... tell me if you like it! (not like you won't LOL) Then I'll probably actually get it too?
I definitely will! I’ll send photos too if I can! Sadly it’s already sold out in the NA Pokémon center shop, but I think there are still a few left on the Japanese Amazon site? Keep in mind with buying it from Japan, it was about 2,000 yen just for shipping (but that might just be because of where I live lol, I live pretty far away)

I’m happy that we still get to chat! I’m sorry I take so long to reply occasionally, time zones are awful and sometimes I fall asleep before I can read your messages. You always have really interesting things to say, it’s always nice to hear from you. I hope you are doing alright whenever you read this!

Boo! Happy (early) Halloween!

I'm trying to get back in the routine of updating y'all more regularly. As you can see... there still is progress to be made lol. But I'm trying my best!

I am now officially 3/4ths done with my GED! I did Social Studies, and I got a score of college ready + some college credit. All that's left is Math, and I'm working hard to strengthen those math muscles again (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و
I also have an ACT test coming up in less than a week! I chose to take the optional writing section with it. I'm nervous, but I am going to try my best!

I finally figured out why I am so tired as well! I went to the doctor, and apparently I have an iron deficiency that was causing slight anemia. It was a shock, but if anything I am just happy to know that I am not crazy about being tired all the time! I'm taking supplements now, I'm going to have to check in with the doctor in November.

My community college class is still going well. I have an A currently, and the quarter should be over in about 3 weeks. IDK what to say, it's just kind of average lol

It might just be me, but this year felt like it went by so fast. There were a lot of family emergencies in the beginning of the year, and after that everything just seemed to be on a set pace. I've made so much progress academically, and maybe personally? I don't know if I actually have grown as a person or not, but I feel like I might have? I feel like I've grown a bit stronger at least, now I can face things I didn't think I could at the beginning of the year. And my birthday is coming up in 5 weeks too, I'll actually be 18. It's not a bad feeling, just strange?

I might try to apply to the MEXT and some other Japanese scholarships. I don't know if I will actually get any, but it would be nice to see how far I could get in the application process. I also have been looking at some colleges here at home too (well they're out of state, but you know) If I could only say one thing about them, it would be "college essays are hard!!!"

The Jirachi mascot plush finally came as well! It now sits nicely on my backpack. I feel like I get some good luck when I look at it; at the very least it boosts my mood. I still have yet to get an omamori because I can't choose what kind I like. Maybe I should just go with a general one?

Either way, it's been nice to catch up again! I wish I had more to say, but I think this is good enough for now. I hope you all have been doing well!

Back
Top Bottom