• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A crazy theory about the MC (So crazy, it might be true) [Poll up]

Could this theory be true?

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • I don't know

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
In the video posted on Serebii, it starts rather strangely: The protag looks around rather confused. The rival states that he has an odd look when he shows up. Then later in the video when looking at the status screen for Pikachu, it has the following: Pikachu arrived in the Kanto Region by some mysterious power. They meet again in Pallet Town (this could apply to Eevee as well. We don't know it's status screen)

My theory: What if the MC is Pokemon Yellow's Red? From two different universes:
One where he got Pikachu
One where he got Eevee

Of course, the Female is likely the same way (in that she is Leaf [I know she didn't exist until the remakes]). Perhaps there is a pair of Pokemon Yellow universes where the MC is Leaf.
One where she got Pikachu
One where she got Eevee

The whole arriving in Kanto Region by a mysterious power could involve ultra wormholes. The Pikachu/Eevee are not just a random Pikachu/Eevee, but THE Pikachu/Eevee from the same universe as the MC. Perhaps this Red comes from a 2D universe and is slightly put off by the change in appearance. The reason the Pikachu and Eevee are friendly towards the MC is because these are their Starters from their universe.

If you can disprove/prove it, feel free to comment below.

Last edited:
The main problem here is that there was no Eevee version back in the day. It would be silly if this whole "twist" relied on a non-existent game.

The main problem here is that there was no Eevee version back in the day. It would be silly if this whole "twist" relied on a non-existent game.
that's not necessarily my point. my point is we only see the one universe: The one where Red gets Pikachu. What I am saying is that in-universe, there could be three parallel universes:
One where Red gets Eevee
Two where Red is replaced by a girl (one where she gets Eevee and one where she gets Pikachu).

I get that, but think how odd it is to tie the twist into a universe that was never seen in just one of the versions. It screams "afterthought".

Also, the Pikachu from Yellow lacked special attributes.

It might not necessarily be that, but I do believe there is something deep to them. That moment with the PC and that odd description of Pikachu are certainly pointing at something important to them, imo.

Yeah perhaps my theory is a bit...
upload_2018-9-28_17-51-53.jpeg

The more widespread theory right now is that the player and starter are from the Go world, which is somewhat implied by Prof. Willow sending a Pikachu and Eevee to Prof. Oak. There are two problems with this:

1. The starter is caught in Route 1. If it escaped from the lab, we don't have evidence of this.
2. Serebii claims that he watched a cutscene (that he was forced to remove) that implied otherwise.

So I'm a bit stump, myself. Maybe it doesn't need to make sense.

I kinda got the sense that it was supposed to be like the player themselves were brought into the game? That cutscene starts off by zooming out of the TV screen and showing off the Switch.

I thought they were supposed to be alternate Pokémon GO canon equivalents of Red & Leaf respectively. I could be wrong though.

I'm curious to know if it's been confirmed that Trace is Professor Oak's grandson in the LGPE universe? If so, is it going to be implied that some kind of childhood event that only occurred in the RBY timeline was responsible for Blue's growing up to be much more of a jerk-ish rival?

I'm curious to know if it's been confirmed that Trace is Professor Oak's grandson in the LGPE universe? If so, is it going to be implied that some kind of childhood event that only occurred in the RBY timeline was responsible for Blue's growing up to be much more of a jerk-ish rival?
He doesn't call him grandpa or any variant, so he is almost definitely unrelated. He stole his house.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom