• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A crazy theory about the MC (So crazy, it might be true) [Poll up]

Could this theory be true?

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • I don't know

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
By Masuda's own admission, LGPE are intended for a new audience who can play alongside their parents that remember the original games.

Yes, because listening to "this was better when I was your age" is really going to hook them on the series.
How is the original Pokémon Yellow better than the upcoming remakes? Did you guys ever think this over?

Yes. I'll ask once again: how is the original Pokémon Yellow better than Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? Did you guys ever think this over?

I'd like @Ereshkigal to answer this as well.
Dude, it’s a joke. The joke is that parents always say that whatever they had in their childhood is better than what their kids have now, hence why they will say that Red/Blue are better than LGPE.

There are valid reasons to prefer RGBY due to the somewhat higher difficulty (so I'm told, but there are ways to make LGPE harder), better rival, wild Pokemon battles, 8-bit music, Kanto being designed as a 2D region (which LGPE followed too closely) and some missing features (bike, Game Corner mini games, Safari Zone and the surfing mini game). All of these are subjective, but they're more than just nostalgia.

The new protagonists and rival are an issue for me, personally. The rest don't bother me that much.

As someone that doesn't have LGPE but has played Yellow over and over, here are some cons from Gen I:

-There are lots of glitches.
-The music can be high-pitched at times.
-The balance was atrocious.
-You can't make a team however you want thanks to HMs.
-The spriting doesn't look that good (Yellow more or less fixed this).
-(depends on the person, but still) Random encounters, making you spend a lot of time fighting things like Zubat for a Pokémon that you might never use.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom