• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A delightful encounter (Faithful Fresian)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redclaws

Forest of Less Lust!
Reaction score
It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and the bug pokemon were out and buzzing. Thespia walked slowly through Viridian, taking in every aspect of the forest as he went. On such a beautiful day, why did he feel so sad? Maybe because he hadn't a friend in the world, and no one was about to change that. Maybe because he was on a quest no one even cared about. Maybe because he was just a failure.

He didn't know much about his past, but he knew that he must've had a mother and a father at one time. So why weren't they with him now? Maybe he was bred by a trainer who just cast him aside. Thespia shuddered. If a ditto was his parent, he would feel like he'd never get clean, no matter how much he groomed.

He looked up at Mt. Moon in the distance. He knew many Clefairy lived there. They were smart. Maybe they knew where he could find a fire stone. Clefairy were very smart, and knew much about what went on in the world. He swished five of his tails angrily, the sixth sticking straight out for balance. They had to know where it could be found.

Suddenly, he heard a cry coming from the bushes. It sounded like a pokemon in trouble! He ran over to see what the commotion was.

Thunder struggled as hard as she could but was weak after she had been biten by a wild Arbok. She cried and yelled as loud as she could for help but her cries were quiet since she was still young. Each time she tried to attack the arbok would find some way to dodge without letting go of her. It's tail held her by the neck to restrict her movments and kept her in a panic so she woldn't be able to think clearly. Alone all hope seemed lost against the arbok looking for his next meal.

When Thespia saw the scene, a growl instantly entered into his jaws as he leapt at the Arbok. After stunning it with his extreme speed, he dove under the ground. The arbok looked around and hissed. Dirt and gravel flew by his head as he dug deeper and deeper underground. The heat down there was intense, making his inner flames flare insanely hot. With his newfound fire, he got a foothold and leapt up to the surface, bowling over the arbok with amazing speed and stunning power. The arbok hissed and tried to slither away, but Thespia was too quick. He pursued and the arbok fainted. Kicking dirt on it, Thespia turned to the ponyta. "Are you hurt?" He asked.

She gasped for breath laying in the spot the arbok had dropped her. "Ya.. I think I'm ok" She spent a couple minutes trying to catch her breath and soon started trying to stand up. She was very wobbly at first but began to stop shaking so much. "Thank you for saving me. I don't know what I would've done without you" She smiled a little "My name is Thunder. Who are you?"

Thespia straightened up. Was this what making a friend was like? He sized her up. A fire pokemon. Cool. Maybe she wanted a fire stone too. He didn't know much about ponytas, but he figured that, given a fire stone, one would evolve. He straightened up, puffed out his tails, and tried to look as heroic as possible. "I'm Thespia!" He tried to take a step forward in his puffed up pose, but sticking all the firey air in his chest proved to be very balance altering. He felt himself starting to go, and tried to steady himself, but it didn't work. He fell over flat on his face and looked like a fool in front of his potential new friend. Tears filling his eyes, he ran off, never wanting to contact anyone again.

She started to giggle at his failed attempt to walk with his chest puffed out until he ran off. Seeing his tears she wanted to try to comfort him and started to run after him while looking everywhere she thought he could've gone until she reached the edge of the forest. She looked around for him in the bushes and looked for any holes in the ground he could fit in. After all how bad could making a friend be and he did just save her life moments ago.

Thespia heard the ponyta, "Thunder", he thought her name was, running after him. He didn't want to talk to her though. He didn't want to do anything more than curl up and sleep for a moon. He didn't quite sleep for a moon, but he did manage to sleep the night.

His dreams were haunted by terrible images of water. Water everywhere, as far as the eye could see. "VULPIX! VULPIX! HELP ME!" Thespia's ears perked. There was a voice in the water. It sounded like a trainer! Try as he might, Thespia couldn't pinpoint the voice. He was trying, but another wave swept over him. His lungs clenched as water filled them. His entire being was engulfed in the slurping black waters as they dragged him down under the surface...

Thespia jolted awake. He sensed heat coming from nearby, and was able to use his expert tracking senses to follow the heat, now that his senses weren't clogged by water. He found Thunder and lay down next to her, wrapping her body with his, protecting her from any other wild pokemon that would dare try and hurt his new friend.

She slept peacefully beside him. Her flames had gone down a little since she was asleep but she seemed ok even after being attacked by the arbok earlier. There was a small mark on her leg where it had bitten her but the wound was already healing with no sign of infection and she didn't seemed like she was poisoned. Eventually she began to wake up. She yawned and opened her eyes and was surprised to find Thespia next to her. "Hey there you are. I've been looking everywhere for you"

Last edited:
Thespia awoke to her voice in his ear. Surprised, as he didnt remember much (he never did after crying) he sat up in a hurry and moved a few feet away, still not used to the touch of another. "Oh, well, I just thought you might be lonely... After all... No one deserves to be alone." He bit his lip as he realized this applied to him as well. His tails nervously swished in the presence of such a cute creature.

She giggled as he backed away "What happened back there after you fell you ran off? I went looking for you but I just found you" She smiled at him trying to make him feel like he could tell her anything he wanted to "You can tell me. I promise not to laugh."

It was now when he realized that, while young, she was pretty. The flames shooting out of her mane and tail were breathtaking, and as the sun rose behind her, it reflected even more beauty than Thespia knew was possible in such a young Ponyta.

He shook his head. What was he doing? This was a Ponyta, he couldnt feel this way. It was just wrong. Plus she was too young! A little stressed by all his feeling, he barely found the mind to respond to her.

"I... I've always had trouble making friends, and I was trying to make a good impression. But then I fell, and figured you'd just laugh at me, like everyone else does. But now that I know you were looking for me, I don't feel as bad!" He didn't know what to do now. He'd never made a friend before. He waited to see what she'd do.

She smiled and giggled."Well it was kinda funny you gotta admit. Just like if I slipped on a banana peel. It's still funny" She got up and streached a little. "Anyways who wouldn't be nervous to make a friend? Some if us just show it more than others"

Thespia chuckled at his mistake. For the first time in his life (it seemed anyways) he was laughing. Not only laughing, but sharing it with someone else. "Yeah, I guess it was kind of klutzy huh?"

She was definately spot on with the nervous part. Half his tails wouldn't stop swishing out of irritation at how lame he was being. The rest of them, however, were cool and relaxed, showing no signs or irritation or aggrivation. He blushed, but was happy his bushy red fur hid it. "Yeah, some of us are just kinda shy. So anyways, where are you going? Do you want to travel together if you're going the same way?"

"That sounds great! I've just been wandering around since...well it's sorta a bad memory. I don't wanna ruin our fun but I'd love to go traveling with you. It sounds so fun" She smiled at him while trying to hide the tears in her eyes.

Thespia was pleased with her genuine enthusiasm, but was saddened when he saw his new friend's eyes fill with tears. She was supposed to be happy! He really wanted to know what made her so unhappy, but he knew bringing it up wouldn't help anything, so he swiped at her eyes with one of his tails and cleared her tears. Her gentle smile showed her appreciation and she snuggled against him.

Nervous about being so close to someone, Thespia tripped over the words, "So, do you wanna come to Mt. Moon with me? I'm looking for a fire stone, and I want to be a ninetales. I'm sure you could be a Rapidash if you really wanted too!"

Looking around, Thespia noticed a whole new problem. They were lost. Totally. "Do you know where we are?" He asked.

She smiled a little at him. "That would be great.i've never been to Mt. Moon. I wonder if a fire stone really could make me evolve" She looked around for a way out "Um... I guess we just have to wander around till we get out"

Thespia wagged his tails in anticipation. "I don't see why a fire stone wouldn't make you evolve! I know it'll work on me, and I'm ready to be a gorgeous Ninetales!" He then wondered if she even wanted to evolve. Granted, she did say she wanted to know if it could make her evolve, but that said nothing about whether she really wanted to or not. So he asked. "Hey Thunder, do you even want to evolve, or are you just doing it to go with me?" Silly question, he thought to himself. Of course she doesnt just want to go because I am. No one would do that for me...

He sniffed the air and tried to look for the mountain, towering above Viridian Forest like a beacon in the mist. However, the tree cover was too heavy to see anything above, and it was impossible to guess. Walking over to the tallest tree, he tried jumping up into the branches, but they were too tall. Turning to Thunder, he said "Give me a boost."

"I never really thought about evolution before but the search to find some fire stones sounds really fun if you ask me" She smiled and walked over to the tree and layed down beside it so he could get on her back, then she would stand up to help him. "Tell me when your ready"

Thespia cautiously stepped on to her back. Her flames licked at his feet, but being a fire pokemon himself, it didnt hurt him at all. Thunder stood up and Thespia was just able to reach the first branch. He grasped it with his front paws and scrabbled with his hind legs until he was able to pull himself up.

Leaping up to the tallest branch, only losing his balance once, he poked his head over the top of the trees. Directly in front of him was nothing but trees, but behind him was the beautiful Mt. Moon. Making a mental note of which direction it was in, he started climbing down. As he looked down, he saw Thunder looking at him with some emotion in her eyes that he'd never seen before. Was it admiration? Or maybe she was just lost in thought.

He jumped down a few branches, before bracing himself to make the leap down to the forest floor. Motioning in the direction of Mt. Moon, he said "We've gotta go that way!"

She smiled hearing him say where it was "Jump onto my back and we can get there a little faster. I'm really fast! After all aren't ponyta built for speed?" She smiled and giggled waiting for him to jump and lowered her head and took a bite of the grass for her breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom