• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh a fascinating mystery!

Reaction score
so, remember pokejobs? that feature that everyone immediately questions the ethics of and promptly forgot about? i found a couple VERY interesting things while on it's page...
unknown.png

so, firstly, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SUPPOSED TO MEAN? it's not just a random pokejob, this is the final one you unlock ever. that said, i'm not sure we'll find out what's going on here anytime soon, unfortunately... hopefully we learn at like, some point though.

next up is one that i guess might be more well known but i sure as hell didn't know about, so remember this dex entry for type:null? certainly caught my eye back when i found out about it.
unknown.png

now, at first i assumed macro cosmos was behind this seeing as how you get this type:null in the battle tower, but as it turns out if they're involved in any way it was just sold to them because I THINK WE'VE FOUND OUR CULPRITS.
unknown.png

the odd thing is, they're pretty out in the open, too. hell, they're even sponsoring klara for some reason. wonder if she's got some secrets we don't know of or if she just happens to be sponsored by em... anyway, the jobs offered by them don't seem to indicate much of what they're currently up to, unfortunately.
unknown.png

unknown.png

as someone who hyperfixated on galar HARD when i first played swsh, it's absolutely wonderful to find another odd thing to speculate on! so i ask, what do you guys make of this?

so, remember pokejobs? that feature that everyone immediately questions the ethics of and promptly forgot about? i found a couple VERY interesting things while on it's page...
unknown.png

so, firstly, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SUPPOSED TO MEAN? it's not just a random pokejob, this is the final one you unlock ever. that said, i'm not sure we'll find out what's going on here anytime soon, unfortunately... hopefully we learn at like, some point though.

next up is one that i guess might be more well known but i sure as hell didn't know about, so remember this dex entry for type:null? certainly caught my eye back when i found out about it.
unknown.png

now, at first i assumed macro cosmos was behind this seeing as how you get this type:null in the battle tower, but as it turns out if they're involved in any way it was just sold to them because I THINK WE'VE FOUND OUR CULPRITS.
unknown.png

the odd thing is, they're pretty out in the open, too. hell, they're even sponsoring klara for some reason. wonder if she's got some secrets we don't know of or if she just happens to be sponsored by em... anyway, the jobs offered by them don't seem to indicate much of what they're currently up to, unfortunately.
unknown.png

unknown.png

as someone who hyperfixated on galar HARD when i first played swsh, it's absolutely wonderful to find another odd thing to speculate on! so i ask, what do you guys make of this?
"RKS" Laboratories? Yeah, this is blatant.

Considering the janky text, I think it's something to do with an actual Pokémon sending you the job. Now, the only Pokémon we know of that interacts with computers in a way that they could feasibly manage to type out something without using a keyboard and therefore not having to constantly use the shift key to accomplish said jAnKy tExT, is the Porygon family, most likely Porygon-Z due to the oddness, or a Rotom.

What exactly a Pokémon like Porygon-Z or Rotom would be wanting with up to 30 different Ghost type Pokémon is a mystery, and one I would want to solve before I sent any of my Pokémon to them. The fact they want Ghost types implies it's probably horrific and would heavily injure or perhaps kill any other type.

Or it could be that Porygon-Z wants revenge for the Electric Solider Porygon fiasco and so decides to figure out how to digitize mass amounts of Pokémon by starting with the type its STAB moves can't hurt.

Could be anything, really.

Now, the only Pokémon we know of that interacts with computers in a way that they could feasibly manage to type out something without using a keyboard and therefore not having to constantly use the shift to accomplish said jAnKy tExT, is the Porygon family, most likely Porygon-Z due to the oddness, or a Rotom.
Glad to know that I'm not the only one who thinks this. Some type of robot pokemon or pokemon that is digital in some way would make a lot of sense. Though I am also perplexed by the need for 30 ghost types. For now I'm going with the most silly and impossible answer and say that its disney needing more ghosts for their haunted mansion.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom