• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A freaky glitch with Shiny sandwiches

charlycicero

Reaction score
Today, I was attempting to shiny hunt Tinkatink in the ruins close to Cortondo, and just after I did the Fairy sparkling sandwich, I noticed the regular spawns like Drowzee and Bronzor kept spawing, but little to no Tinkatinks. And I know for a fact that Tinkatink spawns in good numbers in that area because I attempted this very shiny hunt yesterday.

I reset the game and try again, and nope, no Tinkatinks. Then I fast travelled to Glaseado's Grasp to try with Frigibax (dragon sandwich) , and no Frigibax spawned, just the regulars like Bergmite and Cetoddle. I even turned my Switch off and on, and the sandwich still didn't work. Mind you, I have used these sandwiches (The ones with the hamburger) pretty successfully so far and this didn't happen until today (the game even said that the meal effects were on) . The only way I got to undo this glitch or whatever, was to shiny hunt in the Crater.

So far, this seems to have resolved the issue as I did a few shiny hunts again in the overworld (including the Tinkatink). Maybe it helped that I sort of "despawned" and " respawned" the whole map by going into the crater, but it was pretty darn freaky it happened out of nowhere. I was even fearing I broke the game and couldn't shiny hunt in that profile again.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this sandwich glitch? If so, have you resolved it and how? It would really help to know other stories like mine.

Last edited:
It seems like I have been the only one so far. Good, at least no body else has experience that one not at all fun glitch.

It has not repeated since last time. I and I hope it never does. Still, please, if someone ever Gets this glitch in their game, please comment what happens and how you fixed it.

Thanks. I'll keep vigilant.

it happened to me. i just closed violet and played stardew valley for 4 hours then i came back and it worked.

Glad to know I haven't been the only one. It hasn't happened again since that one time, but still try to re load the general map from time to time by either going to Mesagoza or the Crater and go back. I think that prevents the problem.

The same glitch happened again today to me but in a different save file. I have found that the solution is to go to the Crater, then get back out (I suppose this reloads the open World map). And the glitch was fixed.

Still weirds me out, though.

I think the same kind of glitch happened to me but for some reason my sandwich would only not work in one area. However it was still fixed by going to the crater.

I reset the game and try again, and nope, no Tinkatinks. Then I fast travelled to Glaseado's Grasp to try with Frigibax (dragon sandwich) , and no Frigibax spawned, just the regulars like Bergmite and Cetoddle. I even turned my Switch off and on, and the sandwich still didn't work. Mind you, I have used these sandwiches (The ones with the hamburger) pretty successfully so far and this didn't happen until today (the game even said that the meal effects were on) . The only way I got to undo this glitch or whatever, was to shiny hunt in the Crater.

It seems like I have been the only one so far. Good, at least no body else has experience that one not at all fun glitch.

It has not repeated since last time. I and I hope it never does. Still, please, if someone ever Gets this glitch in their game, please comment what happens and how you fixed it.

Thanks. I'll keep vigilant.
It's going on with me in the dlc map rn

This is a long shot and people are probably already aware but I'd say make sure that you're getting the 3 higher levels after making the sandwhich, so ideally you want: Type sparking power level 3, title power level 3, and lastly Encounter power level 3 (with this last one, sometimes if you're making the bigger sandwhich with 2 random herba mysticas and lots of ingredients and not 2 salty and the 1 other ingredient), if anything falls out, or you mess up slightly, it won't count the Encounter power level 3 and that could be why you aren't getting the spawns.
Sorry if that sounds dumb as I'm sure many are aware but just thought I'd advise in case :giggle: there are great shiny sandwhich guides on youtube

Today, I was attempting to shiny hunt Tinkatink in the ruins close to Cortondo, and just after I did the Fairy sparkling sandwich, I noticed the regular spawns like Drowzee and Bronzor kept spawing, but little to no Tinkatinks. And I know for a fact that Tinkatink spawns in good numbers in that area because I attempted this very shiny hunt yesterday.

So far, this seems to have resolved the issue as I did a few shiny hunts again in the overworld (including the Tinkatink). Maybe it helped that I sort of "despawned" and " respawned" the whole map by going into the crater, but it was pretty darn freaky it happened out of nowhere. I was even fearing I broke the game and couldn't shiny hunt in that profile again.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with this sandwich glitch? If so, have you resolved it and how? It would really help to know other stories like mine.
It is affecting as we speak same story trying to shiny hunt for tinktink and normal Spanish is all I'm getting I'm now tried all methods to get rid of it to no avail I guess I'm not shiny hunting today

Actually, I think the glitch is in the Crater. You know the Roaring Moon/Iron Valiant cave? Well, it’s pretty common to hear people say that they’re sandwiches don’t really work. They do a little bit, but not too much. This happens to me, too, and is one of the most annoying things in the game. So don’t think you’re safe in the Crater just yet. And luckily I don’t think the glitch has ever happened to me

Back
Top Bottom