• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

A Galarian Winter's Path - Holiday Scavenger Hunt

黒い王様
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I know I already said this via DM, but for everyone else's benefit... yup, we were able to confirm your entry was there.

Reaction score
Thanks for this contest (and the others)! :) But I have a question: Does the word/phrase contain all the letters obtained? I solved all the riddles, but first I tried to enter the unscrambled word/phrase in the Gleam giveaway, and it only let me enter 7 letters (and awarded me the 10 entries). So, how should I enter the unscrambled word/phrase in the Scavenger Hunt form?

黒い王様
Reaction score
Thanks for this contest (and the others)! :) But I have a question: Does the word/phrase contain all the letters obtained? I solved all the riddles, but first I tried to enter the unscrambled word/phrase in the Gleam giveaway, and it only let me enter 7 letters (and awarded me the 10 entries). So, how should I enter the unscrambled word/phrase in the Scavenger Hunt form?
The word/phrase does indeed contain all letters obtained.
I just double-checked Gleam and it is set up with the correct word/phrase, so I'm not sure why it would accept it with fewer. Unless perhaps you did type the additional letters, and they were just off to the side of the box?

Reaction score
The word/phrase does indeed contain all letters obtained.
I just double-checked Gleam and it is set up with the correct word/phrase, so I'm not sure why it would accept it with fewer. Unless perhaps you did type the additional letters, and they were just off to the side of the box?
I may have done that and didn't realize it. Anyway, thanks for clarifying. :)

Reaction score
Actually, I am new here. I don't know anything much about this. Can anyone please tell me how to do it ? I couldn't understand any of these rules. Can anyone please explain it to me...!?!

Fossilized
Reaction score
Actually, I am new here. I don't know anything much about this. Can anyone please tell me how to do it ? I couldn't understand any of these rules. Can anyone please explain it to me...!?!
Basically, find the answer to the riddle on Bulbapedia, i.e. its Bulbapedia page. If you're correct, you'll see a Christmas-related object on the page (to the righthand side if you're on a computer), which will move with you when you scroll down on the page so you shouldn't miss it. Click on it, which will bring you to a page with a silhouette of a Pokémon, asking you for its name in English. If you enter the name correctly, then you're taken to another page that shows a letter (remember this) and provides a hint as to the next page. Then you go to that page and repeat the cycle once more. Once you think you got all the hints (the last one should indicate that you've found them all), you have to take all the letters you got and try to create a word out of them. I recommend you keep track of all the names of the Pokemon, letters, and what pages the object were found on. I'd also like to note that the riddles refer to all sorts of things, from the core series to the manga, so just keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Painting the night sky...
Reaction score
Oh boy. This brings back memories. Definitely one of my favorite contests.

And it seems I still have time too. Might as well.

Edit: And done. That was fun. If a bit short. I still remember the first forum scavenger hunt. That was vedy difficult, but incredibly fun.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Basically, find the answer to the riddle on Bulbapedia, i.e. its Bulbapedia page. If you're correct, you'll see a Christmas-related object on the page (to the righthand side if you're on a computer), which will move with you when you scroll down on the page so you shouldn't miss it. Click on it, which will bring you to a page with a silhouette of a Pokémon, asking you for its name in English. If you enter the name correctly, then you're taken to another page that shows a letter (remember this) and provides a hint as to the next page. Then you go to that page and repeat the cycle once more. Once you think you got all the hints (the last one should indicate that you've found them all), you have to take all the letters you got and try to create a word out of them. I recommend you keep track of all the names of the Pokemon, letters, and what pages the object were found on. I'd also like to note that the riddles refer to all sorts of things, from the core series to the manga, so just keep that in mind.
Which riddle are you talking about...It just shows me some questions...And there is no other page link there...So, do you mean that I have to search all over bulbapedia without any hint...???

Fossilized
Reaction score
Which riddle are you talking about...It just shows me some questions...And there is no other page link there...So, do you mean that I have to search all over bulbapedia without any hint...???
This is the first riddle/hint:
"Let's kick this one into high-gear and get catching!
This master catcher always keeps her best foot forward.
Her unique methods are anything but lacking,
This academy employee, turned Professor's assistant."
Figure out who this is referring to—you’ll know when you get to the correct page—and then go from there. Every riddle is written in a similar way, and is also in italics, so you shouldn’t miss them.

Reaction score
This is my first time entering a contest hosted by you cool guys. 2 or 3 of them gave me some trouble but otherwise, it was smooth sailing.

Reaction score
Whose idea was it to add obnoxious floating animated images to pages that float above the text, cover up information, and don't go away? Maybe consider that not every reader wants to play and we just want to read the encyclopedia?

黒い王様
Reaction score
No, though they will be picked this week.

黒い王様
Reaction score
Emails have been sent out and we are currently waiting to hear back from them.

Riddles and Answers
黒い王様
Reaction score
We'd intended to post up all the answers once we'd heard back from all the winners, but seeing as one winner is taking so long to respond that we're likely going to have to redraw that particular prize, I'm just going to put all of these up now.

Riddle 1:
Let's kick this one into high-gear and get catching!
This master catcher always keeps her best foot forward.
Her unique methods are anything but lacking,
This academy employee, turned Professor's assistant.
Rotom Phone Silhouette: Scorbunny
Ornament Letter: D

Riddle 2:
Night Shade and Shadow Balls, oh my!
A curse, long abandoned and moved out of mind.
Haunting, scaring... And an amusing flyby,
Given a new lease, caught by someone truly kind.
Rotom Phone Silhouette: Cursola
Ornament Letter: E

Riddle 3:
Power up, power on! Victory's shining bright!
Two prizes at stake, worth the risk, am I right?
Yet another step up, take that strength to the max,
If you're lucky to get them in your booster packs.
Rotom Phone Silhouette: Zamazenta
Ornament Letter: Y

Riddle 4:
It's time for you to power up and grow,
If you have the factor, you can change to the max.
Now step into battle and disrupt the flow,
And take out the opponent with your unique attacks.
Rotom Phone Silhouette: Frosmoth
Ornament Letter: D

Riddle 5:
Spread your wings and fly through the sky,
This half-light flight to the gathering of stars.
Through early-evening waves, there's no need to be shy,
For animated glory, in the pale moonlight.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon:_Twilight Wings
Rotom Phone Silhouette: Corviknight
Ornament Letter: S

Riddle 6:
With bravery and courage, he fights for his pals,
In tough situations, this scarlet Champion doesn't retreat.
With his partner Pikachu, adventure he shall,
But whatever happened to that Nidorino he caught off the street?
Rotom Phone Silhouette: Grookey
Ornament Letter: T

Riddle 7:
Order's up! It's time to get cooking,
Keep stirring the pot and make the best dish!
Beware of kitchen hazards, you'll need to keep looking,
With the right ingredients, you'll get the right mix!
Rotom Phone Silhouette: Zacian
Ornament Letter: R

Riddle 8:
You'll dread to face this tides of this Gym Leader,
But the time is now to win a difficult battle!
It's an uphill swim, can you climb the falls?
The model of elegance, she will not be rattled.
Rotom Phone Silhouette: Yamper
Ornament Letter: A

Riddle 9:
Looks like we're blasting off for a total takeover,
The target for this evil scheme? The Earth!
But don't start thinking we're just some holdover,
In our fancy balloons, we'll show our Team's worth!
Rotom Phone Silhouette: Sobble
Ornament Letter: K

Riddle 10:
Blazing forth to infinity comes the darkest night,
Trading back and forth, it's a glorious sight.
When you get in the zone with this wonderful game,
Play your cards just right, and win the fame.
Rotom Phone Silhouette: Wooloo
Ornament Letter: A

Word Scramble Answer:
DARKEST DAY