• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A Genie Grants You Three Wishes...

Reaction score
What do you wish for?

Genie Rules:
Can't wish for more wishes.
Can't wish for more genies.
Can't wish to be a genie.
Can't wish a genie out of existence.
--

1 - I wish to be the greatest living techno producer.
2 - The ability to travel through time at will.
3 - A, good thick head of hair.

Can I wish for the definition of "three" to be changed to, say, "one more than 99"? I'd still have three wishes in such an instance, so would that count as "wishing for more wishes"? Actually, after that wish I'd only have two wishes left, so I should probably change the definition of "two" instead.

If you won't accept my absolutely-100%-fair wish, I guess....

1. Immortality and and an immunity or at least heavy resistance to being killed (figured they were close enough to include in one wish)
2. Time travel
3. Magic powers

Generic as fuck but I can't think of anyfin better atm....

1) To no longer be sick with an unknown illness
2) For all violence and wars to end
3) To be able to safely travel back and forth through time.

1. Eternal world peace
2. The power to bend the elements (both chemical and classical)
3. No lie can ever be told To have musical finesse

Best I could think of.

- - -

I'll point out that lying can be benevolent, when it spares someone unnecessary pain. Also, depending upon how pedantic your genie is, your wish could spell an end to fictional narrative. :p

You're 100% right. I was actually thinking about this the other day when I re-visited the thread. I am kind of wondering why I thought it was a good wish, since I myself lie quite often just to get out of unnecessary pinches. xD It does have its uses, though it's certainly not a medicine I recommend.

Changed it up~

Last edited:
Here's what I would wish for.

1. A better temper.
2. Success as a writer.
3. I'd also wish that my friend who got run over by a car could come back to life.

Good Bolton Player
Prolly something to do with an anime chick
Pokemon real?

1) Those wicked telekenetic powers from Chronicle.
2) Always have the BEST luck.
3) Tp be sent back in time to 2008 with those gifts, as well as my current body and memories.

The 3 wishes thing is a fun topic but if I was actually offered 3 wishes by a genie, i'd be more scared than excited. Scared at the price i'd/we'd pay for each wish to be granted.

I should point out some of the negative aspects of the most frequently wished for things. Firstly, no one getting sick would lead to no one dying, unless dying peacefully in your sleep still happens. Even so the population would be massive if everyone died of just old age and with more and more people having kids, it would lead to mass homelessness and poverty. The World would go to crap, basically. Also traveling through time is very dangerous, we've all head of the butterfly effect, nuff said.

This sort of reminds me of a movie I watched in which a woman is given 3 wishes. She wishes her husband would come back to life after he recently died. In a bizarre twist he awakens in his coffin after being embalmed. He is alive but he's in total agony and he's destined to be that way for as long as he lives. In the end I think she kills him herself just to put him out of his misery. I'd be very aware of stipulations like that and being very careful with the way I phrased my wishes. I might get a evil genie who turns my wishes against me in a bizarre way.

With potential negatives to consider, my three wishes would be pretty exclusive to me. I wouldn't want to be given the opportunity to influence the entire human race because it might lead to disaster very easily. My 3 wishes would be as follows;

1.That me and my family lived a long life in good health until our last years.
2.That we had enough money to live a comfortable lifestyle (I think being totally rich would bring its own problems)
3.An end to animal cruelty (something selfless which isn't impactful enough to damage the World)

Since genies are well known to hoodwink you so I'm taking into account how my wishes could be twisted.

1) I wish for my monetary wealth to grow at the same rate as the US debt. That way I will be permanently rich.
2) I wish for a pair of fairy godparents. (Technically not the same as wishing for more wishes or for more genies. Using the same genie mentality I am wary of.) If this isn't allowed on technical grounds I would wish for immortality with the option of suicide in case I get bored or insane.
3) The power to time travel so I can prevent World War I from happening because I really fucking hate World War I.

1) To be "selectively" immortal
2) For the Geass
3) Time travel

I could easily wish for better personality traits like "more focus" or "a better work ethic", but I feel like that's too vague to trust a genie with, so I'll wish for more tangible things.

1. Perpetual billionaire status
2. For all lobbyists to spontaneously combust
3. For the Internet to forever remain as lawless as it is right now

There are probably better answers in my head somewhere, but those beat them to the punch.

The 3 wishes thing is a fun topic but if I was actually offered 3 wishes by a genie, i'd be more scared than excited. Scared at the price i'd/we'd pay for each wish to be granted.

To be honest, that's why I'm kind of reluctant to get in on this - I know it's just for fun and all, but having read "The Monkey's Paw" by W.W. Jacobs AND seen a good percentage of The Twilight Zone episodes, I'd be super paranoid about how just about anything I wish for could be horribly corrupted, no matter how well-intentioned or innocuous it might seem...

1. Immortality and and an immunity or at least heavy resistance to being killed (figured they were close enough to include in one wish)

...like this one, for example. I take it you're not familiar with the TZ episode "Escape Clause"? ;p

This sort of reminds me of a movie I watched in which a woman is given 3 wishes. She wishes her husband would come back to life after he recently died. In a bizarre twist he awakens in his coffin after being embalmed. He is alive but he's in total agony and he's destined to be that way for as long as he lives. In the end I think she kills him herself just to put him out of his misery. I'd be very aware of stipulations like that and being very careful with the way I phrased my wishes. I might get a evil genie who turns my wishes against me in a bizarre way.

That's actually very similar to what happens in "The Monkey's Paw" (I wouldn't be surprised if the movie you saw was loosely based on it/ripped it off). Wishing for a loved one to return from the dead backfires because they do so in their mutilated, partially-decomposed state.

3. No lie can ever be told

I'll point out that lying can be benevolent, when it spares someone unnecessary pain. Also, depending upon how pedantic your genie is, your wish could spell an end to fictional narrative. :p

Last edited:
1. To have a muscular body.
2. Good luck for myself and everyone I care about, including video game companies I adore.
3. To live until I'm exactly 100 years old.

@garrison-san;

Hah! I think we watch too many horror stories. I know which story you mean. I'm a big Twilight Zone fan myself as well as Night Gallery, Tales of the Unexpected and all that sort of stuff. I looked in to the short story I was referencing and apparently it is an adaption of the Monkey's Paw. It's one of five stories in the movie adaption of Tales from the Crypt. It's called 'Wish You Were Here'. It's a really good watch!

Anyway, back on topic. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is...and with that I'll stop pissing on the parade with my skepticism :b

1) To be able to see the future at will.
2) To be able to speak and understand any language
3) Good health for my family

1. For Pokémon to exist/to own all Pokémon games (can't decide)
2. To be good at everything I do
3. World peace because I don't want to be too selfish :p

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom