• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A Guideline to Start-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

AiedailEclipsed

Poet Laureate
Reaction score
Well now, you've got your members all done and accepted, you've just got to get the RP started. How do you do your start-up? Well, its always good to review over past material just to make sure everyone is aware of everything, so it might be a good idea for you to copy+paste the information you gave in the sign-up thread and even the sign-ups themselves if you have time.

So, you've got your little base start-up. What now? HOW DO I START THE RP??? Well, if you had given a back story like I asked, you would know :p Simply, pick up where that left off more or less. So if you've got this as your back story:

It was over a thousand years ago that a Pokemon, was last seen upon this Earth, and at yet some still hold hope that they will come again. That all changed a year ago. A resurgence of Pokemon has brought hope and prosperity back into the world. However, they all seem to be in one place, one city even. Along with them, a new species Zoroark and its prevolution Zorua have been discovered as well. What has brought about this resurgence no one knows for sure but a band of heroes brought together by Chance or Fate will find out.

You can simply pick up at small town outside the city mentioned in the back story or even in the city itself. Basically, you must find a way to make it flow smoothly and not chop it off from the end of the backstory to the RP start.

+++%%%@@@&&&~~~&&&@@@%%%+++​

Again, lets look at this the other way around, how do you start off as the person not starting the RP? Well, its a difficult question and often depends on the RP, but using the back story I've posted above and assuming the GM is start a little outside the city, I would probably start like this:

"Well, come on Beauty," the girl with the light brown hair said, her voice cutting through the slight crowd of the small town. "We've got to hurry if we want to make it to the edge of this town for the next leg of our journey!" she said darting through the crowd gracefully.

"Millloooooo~!" the beautiful serpentine Pokemon glided along the cobblestone pathways behind her parting the crowd who would stop and stare in awe. Looking ahead, Beauty could her trainer, Aria, darting into a side alley. Ugh, that silly girl, I can barely keep, barely stifling the giggle in her mind.

Either way, try and adapt to the situation at hand and be creative, confident, and .. uh... classy?

Anyway, if you'd like to look at some examples you can check this old RP start-up of mine, entitled 'The Order of Ancients' or you can check out some of these threads at KPU.

Remember, have fun~! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom