• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Announcing the National Bulbagraphic photography contest, open to entries from New Pokémon Snap and Sword and Shield, with prizes for the winners! A thread with all the details on how to enter can be found here.

A little idea... what if?

Aroush Halapsian is best girl.
Reaction score
When a Pokemon who can evolve by level, evolves at lv. 100 from the stage you capture it, if his nickname is the name of another Pokemon, it evolves into said Pokemon, retaining gender, nature, ivs, evs, ability. The stats are these of the new Pokemon Species, and you chose the moves. The newly evolved Pokemon retains his egg group. So with this method you can get a full team of Arceus. BUT: The pokemon must have the EXACT same weaknesses and resistancies of the pokemon you want it to evolve. This method could be called... the 100RattArceus method: the name stands for LEVEL 100 RATTata ARCEUS.

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Sorry, but that is just silly.

Cosmic Sky Demon
Reaction score
This would break the game's structure. It would be much too easy to obtain ubers. Like you said, people would have teams of Arceuses evolved from Rattatas or some other really basic Pokémon.

Reaction score
Good effort in thinking up an original idea but it goes against everything that I've ever believed in. Not just in Pokemon...in life.

dig

itadakimasu
Reaction score
No. No. No. No. No. Hell no.

What you just detailed is something that can only be described as completely silly.

No. Just no.

Champion Iris!
Reaction score
So you mean, when a Pokemon reaches lv100, it'll evolve based on what it is nicknamed? I like this idea, if a Pokemon is a lv100, it has stopped it's growth, so why not evolve or change it into something else :)

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Here I thought you were asking for a Pokemon that fully evolves at lvl 100, which is already silly to begin with because of how no NPC will ever use it on their team without hax.

真実の英雄
Reaction score
Whoa I think we're treading into PokeGod territory here.

From Leyend to Myth
Reaction score
It wouldn't be much different than everyone hacking up any pokémon with an illegal move/ability combination, except this would make them legal and thus removing any other form of playing the game.

There would be some odd restrictions like certain move/ability combinations being impossible, and then the thing you say that restricts some other pokémon. But that would just create some silly balance that hinders unique types.

Disregarding those consequences, it also basically goes against the rules of the game itself conceptually, as it trivializes the existence of different pokémon with different moves and abilities to begin with.

So no, it's a terrible idea.

total eclipse of the heart
Reaction score
It's really not a good idea. ^^; Way too confusing, and it goes against the simple nature of Pokemon.

I'll always remember you~
Reaction score
That's an interesting idea... But then, if you can just get legendary Pokemon from Pokemon like Rattata, what's the point of making legendaries rare and everything? Powerful Pokemon are supposed to be harder to train, and this would kind of undermine that concept.

I! AM NOT! A MORON!
Reaction score
I have an idea. What if, after you beat the Elite 4 100 times using an all-Caterpie team, Professor Oak gave you a Mewthree?