• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S15 EP05: A Maractus Musical!

I'm sure that if Musicals were a main quest then they'd involve more than what we get. Though they'd probably just have battle rounds and then feel too much like rehashed Pokemon Contests anyway, so maybe it's still a good thing that they're not a main part of the series.

I'm sorry but...this dub episode was absolutely atrocious to me. Whoever directed the dub for this episode probably woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Toby's voice was grating and the replaced dance music did not synchronize well with the animation. I wish I can say more but...some of you guys probably said it better than I can.

Zzz... Huh, wha...? Is it 2001 again? The most boring episode in a very long time, probably one of my least favourites ever. I don't really care for Maractus in the first place, so an episode based on them was never going to excite me, but jeez Louise, I didn't expect it to be this dull. I had hoped we'd seen the back of these generic and formulaic CotD episodes for good, and they're even worse now there's no goofy TRio to liven things up.

I just can't think of anything positive to say. Iris was back to her pointlessly mean and unlikeable self, the so-called triple battle was much too short, and my goodness, was Toby's voice irritating.

So overall, Pokemon Musicals get a big thumbs down both in the games and in the Anime. I pray this is the last I'll see of them.

I wasn't quite sure what Ash was doing, just floundering around I suppose.

Everyone has said it, but I have to say it too. Toby's voice was unacceptable for someone that looks about 11 or 12, or even older. It literaly hurt my ears.
I think he was doing the Bon Odori! ^^

I agree with everyone here about Toby's voice. It was so squeaky and had that stereotypical Saturady morning cartoon voice that it was unbearable. The stilted acting only made it worse. Do they even care about the original source material at all?

The dubbers also missed the perfect opportunity to dub the first few lyrics of Best Wishes!, but what can you do about that? :-(

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom