• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A new art of Ash & Gou baking to celebrate White Day from Anime Pokemon's Official Twitter

Egakor

Reaction score
This art is drawn by Yasuda Shuhei to celebrate White Day.

View: https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1238630930748592128

ES9SVKtVAAEpzN1

What is even White day?
In short: In Japan, during Valentine's Day, girls give chocolate to guys. One month later (March 14th), the guys give white things to girls. I think it had to be the girls that gave them something for Valentine's, but I'm not that sure (it's 7:00 a.m. at the time of this post in my country and I didn't sleep well).

A girl on Valentine's Day gives chocolate to a guy. Fine.

A boy on White Day gives something white to a girl. Fine.

Ash is cooking. Anything he touches in the kitchen becomes poison regardless of anyone else in the room. Not fine.

Therefore, Ash is clearly cooking to show his spite. Sheesh, talk about harsh.

Happy (late) White Day

In short: In Japan, during Valentine's Day, girls give chocolate to guys. One month later (March 14th), the guys give white things to girls. I think it had to be the girls that gave them something for Valentine's, but I'm not that sure (it's 7:00 a.m. at the time of this post in my country and I didn't sleep well).

In fact, the tradition of White Day has changed some things since its creation. Currently, the gift does not need to be a white thing anymore.

That's why the desserts Go has on the tray are not white.

It's nice to see the male characters be able to cook again. I didn't like the gag with Sophocles and Satoshi being unable to cook while Mallow was capable of it in SM. Before SM the male characters always cooked and I have always thought that it was nice how they avoided the stereotype that the girls should always be the ones who cook which is so common in anime.

It's sad that the female character gets so little screentime though.

Now when I think about it, does Gou and Satoshi cook while they are traveling?

This series should show festivities more often, specially with it supposedly being "international". I was hoping the not-Christmas and the not-Halloween episodes of XY would open the door to more but nope, here we are 5 years later without any other celebration.

If they can afford weekly travels to different countries they surely can afford restaurants without a problem.

They probably buy their food. On this subject though, I've always hated how there was always one person in the group in past arcs who had to cook for Ash and the others. I've never understood why the kids can't just make themselves their own individual meals (sandwiches take a few minutes to make ffs) or why they can't just eat out at restaurants all the time instead of needing their own personal chef. :rolleyes:

They probably buy their food. On this subject though, I've always hated how there was always one person in the group in past arcs who had to cook for Ash and the others. I've never understood why the kids can't just make themselves their own food (sandwiches take a few minutes to make ffs) or why they can't just eat out at restaurants all the time instead of needing their own personal chef. :rolleyes:
I don't think they had a dedicated cook in the Orange Islands, at least.
Maybe they forced Tracey to do it, though.

They probably buy their food. On this subject though, I've always hated how there was always one person in the group in past arcs who had to cook for Ash and the others. I've never understood why the kids can't just make themselves their own individual meals (sandwiches take a few minutes to make ffs) or why they can't just eat out at restaurants all the time instead of needing their own personal chef. :rolleyes:
It made sense to give Brock the role of a parent, since that's exactly what he'd been doing with his siblings. Cilan did run a restaurant with his brothers even in the games. Clemont was very forced, though. Mallow had the "novelty" of being the first female cook, and you can blame Game Freak for that choice; it didn't matter since there was barely any traveling.

That said, relying on sandwiches and restaurants is a little sad. The writers wanted to instill a sense of family.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom