• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A new batch of 'Rival Destinies' episode titles revealed: Donamite arc titles reveale

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
A new batch of 'Rival Destinies' episode titles revealed: Donamite arc titles revealed

Eight more dub episode titles for Pokémon Black & White: Rival Destinies have been revealed, from BW067 to BW074.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: A new batch of 'Rival Destinies' episode titles revealed: Donamite arc titles rev

Those "Club" puns are the worst I've ever heard.

Re: A new batch of 'Rival Destinies' episode titles revealed: Donamite arc titles rev

I had kinda missed the title puns for recent episodes, but if this is the best they can come up with, I change my mind.

I wouldn't mind if these news actually gave proper sources instead of seemingly pulling the names out of thin air :/

Well, that doesn't help me, I'll still need to wait on updates on the official site to add the titles to another site then. :F

I wouldn't mind if these news actually gave proper sources instead of seemingly pulling the names out of thin air :/

I am sorry but I can't actually provide the link of the actual source since it is "unlinkable", one of the reasons why there is no link in the article.

I have got the previous two batches from the same user as well, and all of those titles were confirmed to be real. So I have no doubts in this one as well.

Not to mention, these titles have also been confirmed by Elaine Pagano, an official Pokemon Portugese dub translator.

But if you want to wait for the official confirmation, it's totally understandable.

I figured they wouldn't use "Donamite" for obvious reasons.

'Clubsplosion'??

:banghead: KILL ME NOW :banghead:

TPCi was doing so well without all of the lame puns. Well hopefully they're not going to start this habit again. I got to say though, some titles are great but I actually like the way the dub titles are like the Japanese titles.

TPCi has been dubbing so fast :D BW74 just aired in Japan last month.

They really are. Next episodes to get dub titles are the Twist Mountain epsiodes.

You know that time where the dubbers use an almost literal translation of the japanese name and all is good?

This is not one of those times.

Battling the Leaf Thieves!

Another "Battling the ___" title?

Sigh.

Donamite sounds like a mineral. Clubsplosion sounds like a really cheesy nightlife event.

I really hope there's a Dub-only episode called "Battling the Dub-Episode-Titler!" soon >.>
They need to be fiercely battled into giving up their job >.>

Last edited:

Clubplosion? Dear God, these puns are worse than 4kids.

"Clubsplosion?"

Seriously TPCi, "Donamite" was a bad enough name, but "CLUBSPLOSION!?" did Don George retire and decided to hire Michael Bay to take his place or something, because it's a terrible pun, while previous episode title puns were rather cheesy in a "so bad it's good" way, this one isn't like that

I figured they wouldn't use "Donamite" for obvious reasons.

Agreed, remember back in the 4Kids dub how Team Rocket said in one episode "Blaster balls away!!!" as opposed to the classic phrase "Bombs away!!!", apparently, the word bomb does not exist in the Pokemon world or is treated as profanity, and they are called "blaster balls", though in the English dub of Megaman NT Warrior, Bombman was called "Blasterman", even though that anime was dubbed by another company.

Battling the Leaf Thieves!

Another "Battling the ___" title?

Sigh.

Seriously, another title like that? The dubbers need to come up with better names for the episodes, of course, with over 700 episodes at this point, it's pretty obvious that they ran out of ideas and are just recycling titles now.

"Battling the/a [X]" seems to be TPCi's equivalent of 4Kids' "Love, [X] Style" titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom