• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A new challenger has appeared...

FoxfireInferno

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I've never been really great at intro topics but I figured I'd make an account here and join in on the fun.

I have Pokemon games from Blue, Yellow, Crystal, FireRed, Pearl, Platinum, Soul Silver, both Ranger games & the Mystery Dungeon series (which I love.)

I'm the type of RPG player that doesn't like rushing through everything like some players do just to move on cause that usually gets them ko'd or wind up fighting the same boss 4-5 times just to try and beat it. For example, when PKMN: Mystery Dungeon first came out, I remember staying on the GameFAQ forums hearing anecdotes of people trying to defeat the first legendary and constantly getting their butts kicked a minumim of 3-4 times before they finally managed to defeat it, whereas with me in every RPG game, I don't stop training until the exp becomes slow and with mystery dungeon, I usually never left the floor until that second mysterious wind started to blow (as opposed to videos on Youtube of people that would head down the stairs as soon as they find it.) I only died twice on the first legendary, not at all on the 2nd one and once on the 3rd.
I figure that if the regular monsters/pokemon in an area become easy and the exp is slow, the next boss will not be too much of a challenge.
I think the only exception to this, for me, had been Misty in Pokemon Fire Red. Her Starmie and it's Water Pulse kicked my entire team's butt over and over before I finally succumbed and decided to let Butterfree do the whole fight. Considering that, in that area, the highest Pokemon was 15 or 16, seeing a Supere-effective Pikachu at lvl 23 get brought down to low-low red HP from 1 Water Pulse is rather disheartening. lol

But yeah, I think I'm rambling now so I'm just gonna stop. lol

That Water Pulse is a pain sometimes...

But anywho, Welcome to the boards! Topic title is win.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom