• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A New Change in Serena's Character Design...

Seen it, hate it. It's like what M. Night Shyamalan did when he made The Last Airbender. He took something close to perfection in Avatar: The Last Airbender and made it crap. That's what the artists did here. A shirt cape, really? Again, short hair doesn't work for her, though it only works in certain cases, anyway. Overall, I can now say my hatred is justified.

It's like what M. Night Shyamalan did when he made The Last Airbender. He took something close to perfection in Avatar: The Last Airbender and made it crap.

It wouldn't kill you to use a better comparison, would it? Shyamalan had nothing to do with Avatar in the first place, whilst the artists...well, that speaks for itself.

Wouldn't it be so much easier and make much more sense to compare it to reverting Team Rocket back to their goofy selves after being so good in BW?

I don't think the people who "dislike" it actually not like it, and it's mostly that change is not common in the anime.

None of us expected a change like this before the hints they gave us.

Either way it looks fine and makes her look more mature and older.

I don't have a problem with people not liking Serena's new design, you understand. I just have a problem with the nature of some of the comments left.

It wouldn't kill you to use a better comparison, would it? Shyamalan had nothing to do with Avatar in the first place, whilst the artists...well, that speaks for itself.

Wouldn't it be so much easier and make much more sense to compare it to reverting Team Rocket back to their goofy selves after being so good in BW?

I'll admit I can be harsh, but I wouldn't be myself if I wasn't fatally honest. (I know the tradition is to say brutally honest, but I want my words to kill.) Your comparison is good, but I think the reversion started before XY. In both cases, it's something that should've never happened, like The Last Airbender shouldn't have happened.

Seen it, hate it. It's like what M. Night Shyamalan did when he made The Last Airbender. He took something close to perfection in Avatar: The Last Airbender and made it crap. That's what the artists did here. A shirt cape, really? Again, short hair doesn't work for her, though it only works in certain cases, anyway. Overall, I can now say my hatred is justified.

I liked Serena's original design, but I wouldn't say that it was anything close to perfection. It was just fine before, but I still think that the new design looks nice. I don't know if your hated can be justified now since it always came off as a bit too extreme before the design was revealed as well.

It was just fine before, but I still think that the new design looks nice.

Just fine is the point. Why change it if it's not necessary?

"Not necessary" is a very subjective thing. To you, maybe it isn't. To others, it is. And to others still, it's a welcome surprise that just happens to work. I myself am not keen on Serena's short hair, ONLY because I like her with long hair better. HOWEVER, I am willing to give her a chance and see where they go with this. Look at it with an open mind and all.

I suggest you, at the very least, try to do the same. Key word being try.

Just fine is the point. Why change it if it's not necessary?

Because it promotes the customization feature from the X/Y games? Because it helps Serena move forward with her goal with new confidence? Just because her original design was fine doesn't mean that they couldn't make a better design for her. While I think I liked her long hair more, I also think that her new outfit is better than her old one. There's just a bit more of an original flare to it than sticking with her default outfit with a new haircut.

I suggest you, at the very least, try to do the same. Key word being try.

Not going to happen.

You won't really have much of a choice, though. Serena's hairstyle is staying (until they change their minds again) whether you like it or not, and it'll be impractical (not to mention really stupid) to hate on every episode from here on out JUST because of Serena's haircut.

I'm just saying.

Because it promotes the customization feature from the X/Y games? Because it helps Serena move forward with her goal with new confidence? Just because her original design was fine doesn't mean that they couldn't make a better design for her. While I think I liked her long hair more, I also think that her new outfit is better than her old one. There's just a bit more of an original flare to it than sticking with her default outfit with a new haircut.

Except they didn't pick a better design and there's nothing wrong with keeping something good as is. If it were me, I would've changed Bonnie: I've never liked her hair and her outfit did not need shorts.

Serena's hairstyle is staying (until they change their minds again) whether you like it or not, and it'll be impractical (not to mention really stupid) to hate on every episode from here on out JUST because of Serena's haircut.

I'm just saying.

You know how many people abandoned Sonic just because they changed his EYES? I have no guilt. I've already abandoned the anime since late BW, anyway, so the hate is no problem.

Serena's hairstyle is staying (until they change their minds again) whether you like it or not, and it'll be impractical (not to mention really stupid) to hate on every episode from here on out JUST because of Serena's haircut.

I'm just saying.

You know how many people abandoned Sonic just because they changed his EYES? I have no guilt. I've already abandoned the anime since late BW, anyway, so the hate is no problem.

Yes, those people are usually called either fanboys, idiots or trolls. One of the three. Key word being "usually". Every franchise has a handful.

Look, the problem we've been having with you before isn't the fact you hate Serena's new design. That's fine, everyone is entitled. The problem we've been having is the way you've been acting towards it. Granted, you've dropped the insults since last time, which is a good thing. But I can't help but feel you're still being a bit too aggressive about it all.

Also....

Except they didn't pick a better design and there's nothing wrong with keeping something good as is. If it were me, I would've changed Bonnie: I've never liked her hair and her outfit did not need shorts.

No, that is your opinion. It is Hidden Mew's opinion that it IS a better design. And it is MY opinion that Bonnie is just fine. We all have different opinions, would it be too much to ask for just a whisker bit of respect for them? Please?

I have accepted that I am a troll, and yes, respect is too much to ask for this, at least. On other things, it varies. I don't have one set threshold for everything and when my mind is set on something, it sticks as long as it can. In addition, if I don't act aggressively, I can't release my anger and then I just feel worse. I've tried being civil, but I just keep getting angrier. Maybe it's some kind of mental condition, but I really can be a jerk. The fact that this exists won't go away, and my problems won't be solved until it does or I get a good substitute that I can enjoy. At the moment, the latter hasn't appeared.

I have accepted that I am a troll, and yes, respect is too much to ask for this, at least. On other things, it varies. I don't have one set threshold for everything and when my mind is set on something, it sticks as long as it can. In addition, if I don't act aggressively, I can't release my anger and then I just feel worse. I've tried being civil, but I just keep getting angrier. Maybe it's some kind of mental condition, but I really can be a jerk. The fact that this exists won't go away, and my problems won't be solved until it does or I get a good substitute that I can enjoy. At the moment, the latter hasn't appeared.

For fear of getting off topic, if you're seriously getting this worked up over something as mundane as a hairstyle, then I seriously think you need to step away from the computer and vent in private. Trust me, you will feel better. ^^ Acting aggressively towards people, even online, is never the answer, I'm afraid.

I'm just trying to offer my two-cents on the situation.

Eh...not too fond of the new design, but I can respect and appreciate both showcasing the character customization abilities from the X&Y games and showing that Serena is a new person. Hopefully it'll grow on me (probably will, as much as I'll miss the old design).

For fear of getting off topic, if you're seriously getting this worked up over something as mundane as a hairstyle, then I seriously think you need to step away from the computer and vent in private. Trust me, you will feel better. ^^ Acting aggressively towards people, even online, is never the answer, I'm afraid.

I just want someone to listen, but my definition of listening is skewed, especially toward actually feeling like I'm right. I don't feel that and it makes me believe I'm some kind of freak. You think being called a troll hurts me? I put myself down every day. This is the best thing I've got going for me: trying to put my words out there so at least people know how I feel. Going back to respect, people like you actually are respectful and can be respected, and it's easy for me to do because I'm such a bastard. It's your opinions I can't stand and will never agree with.

I just want someone to listen, but my definition of listening is skewed, especially toward actually feeling like I'm right. I don't feel that and it makes me believe I'm some kind of freak. You think being called a troll hurts me? I put myself down every day. This is the best thing I've got going for me: trying to put my words out there so at least people know how I feel. Going back to respect, people like you actually are respectful and can be respected, and it's easy for me to do because I'm such a bastard. It's your opinions I can't stand and will never agree with.

OK, I don't even know what you're trying to say anymore. You refuse to accept other people's opinions (even if you don't agree with them, it should be easy to accept them) JUST because you want to be right? Because you want people to listen to you? Yet you admit you refuse to listen to other people? I'm confused.

Your reply doesn't make any sense at all.

I said too much at once. What I can say concisely is that I get angry when people don't agree with me and I always take my arguments too far trying to defend them.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom