• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A New Change in Serena's Character Design...

I said too much at once. What I can say concisely is that I get angry when people don't agree with me and I always take my arguments too far trying to defend them.

Then I can only suggest that you don't get angry (because it will not help you) and just accept that not everyone is going to agree with your opinions. It'll make everything so much better, not just for you, but for everyone. :)

Then I can only suggest that you don't get angry (because it will not help you) and just accept that not everyone is going to agree with your opinions. It'll make everything so much better, not just for you, but for everyone. :)

It's very hard to stop myself from thinking about things that anger me for too long. I also can't accept that people don't agree with me: I always want to be right and I always have to be able to speak my mind or else I'll just feel worse.

It's encouraging to see her & Fennekin looking dynamic in the new picture tweeted by BulbaNewsNOW -
B9x0jKQCIAAnfRW.png

I wonder what Mirror Serena looks like now?

I love this picture as well, although I think Fennekin looks a little off...

Nono Misty-Moo, you actually touched on a very interesting point! Due to the real Serena's change in attitude and appearance, what does that make of the Mirror Serena? Or would this idea qualify for its own discussion thread?

There's parts of Serena's new design I like and parts I'm not too sure about.

What I like:
-Her new hat looks better on her (her old hat looked too big on her)
-her boots

What I'm not too sure about:
-her shorter hair
-her new clothes

I wonder if the blue ribbon that she is wearing, which Ash gave her, symbolizes anything in particular.

Given it hasn't even been a full episode since her new design and after a few episodes I'm sure I'll have a better opinion.

Now. that I've seen the new design I must say, I still don't like it too much but it may be not too difficult to get used too it. There can't be any worse than palm tree for me anyways (or maybe there can but I don't really wanna know).
But I also have the slight suspicion, this is might be foreshadowing on the basic female character model for the next versions of XY/ the XY special edition but who knows and if it's revealed no one will probably remember this post anyway.

After watching episode 60, I have to say, I love her new design even more. It's cute, spunky, and lovely. Also,

Spoilers from episode 59
the blue ribbon was a gift from Ash, and she was blushing a lot after he mentioned she looked great in her new look, and thanked her for using his gift. It's amazing that they even implemented shipping hints in her new design - it's awesome!

After having seen the episode, I like the new design. The fact that she used the ribbon that Ash gave her as a present was just icing on the cake.

The scene where she cut her hair was poignantly done.

i wasn't reall interested in the XY series until they redesigned Serena. She fits this style so well

After watching Episode 60, Serena became my favorite character in the anime. Her character arc is being done so well and I was so sad for her in that scene in the pier. I really love that episode and her new design... Her hair looks a bit weird but I guess I'll get used to it, her new clothes are cute too.

Well, at least she got rid of that Zoroark/Iris hair. The neck-length hair looks nicer on her, in my opinion.

...Wow. After seeing Serena's new design in full, I now see that it looks worse than I thought it would. It has to be the ugliest character design I've ever seen so far for a main cast member. It's even worse than May, imo, who I never liked at all either. Is Serena trying to dress like a clown or something? That red coat, hair, and hat definitely makes me think of clowns. I'm sorry to people that like this design, but this is just what I think.

And now I definitely don't want to watch the anime anymore as soon as this shows up. I don't want to have to look at it every single episode until Ash and Serena part ways.

Seems to me that their giving her this "new me, new look" BS. Can't we hold off on a new look in the next region. Why now?? Character development? 60 episodes in?? :eek:

The clothes are a little weird, but I adore her short-haired look. Serene's never looked cuter.

Why is her hair orange and not blonde like the Serena in the games? She would look so much better with blonde hair the orange hair just looks weird on her.

I just notice after her drastic change, it made her character development gone more sideways than she used to be especially after her losing around a month ago. What I know from my perspective is her expression that shown more emotional and really get carried away easily. IDK about you guys but I think I started to dislike her.

I just notice after her drastic change, it made her character development gone more sideways than she used to be especially after her losing around a month ago. What I know from my perspective is her expression that shown more emotional and really get carried away easily. IDK about you guys but I think I started to dislike her.
I'm pretty sure that's one of the things she learnt from Aria in the recent episode is not to get upset and carried away.

I'm pretty sure that's one of the things she learnt from Aria in the recent episode is not to get upset and carried away.
Maybe if so, things gone really crazy for her after what happened in the Tripokalons. I'm really missed her usual nature. Sigh, can't take the huge plunge.[emoji20]

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom