• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A New Change in Serena's Character Design...

I think i will like the haircut on her a lot. I hope it looks cute when it's revealed.

I really can't see much in that screenie and honestly, it looked to me like no hair-cut was made. I heard some of you talking about multiple changes through the rest of XY, well, too many or constant changes can also speak of an inconsistent character and a personality disorder. It could be a nice subplot if this were to happen to Serena but my guess, this is a change for the rest of XY (which is approximately 11 or 12 months from now on I'd say).
Anyway, I went through BW despite it's many flaws and the annoying Palm Tree person so I will go through all of XY that comes as well (and probably years after for whatever is coming).

It is difficult to properly see her new hairstyle in that screenshot but I think short hair will look cute on her. The hair-cut could either be because of her finally finding her goal or because of the customization features in the game. Maybe they will have her try out a new hairstyle for every performance or something if they want to promote the customization features.

honestly it's.... fitting given the timing?

"I finally found my dream: Pokemon performer!"

-insert important haircut here-

I don't think it will be that dramatic. She's aiming to be a Pokemon Performer. Performers in varying fields in real life (singers, actresses, etc) frequently change their hairstyles and wear different outfits fit for their stage appearances. With customization available in XY, Serena may appear with more hairstyles than just a haircut.

I think Serena's redesign will look great and will probably be as cute as her original design as well. I could be negative about it, but at the end of the day, there is no point in complaining about it since it's happening anyways, and she'll still be Serena no matter what design she has, even if she's bald. I'm expecting character customization to be the reason, though I think Showcases, Aria, and maybe Fennekin evolving into Braxien will have an effect on Serena's redesign. I doubt she's changing it because of her Showcase debut loss, if she even loses, I actually think she could win it tbh.

The writers won't drop Serena's crush on Ash. Amourshipping is what the fans want to see after all.

The average fan doesn't really care probably. That "crush" is ultimately going nowhere since Ash isn't interested anyway. The right decision to do is have Serena's character development include shifting her focus from Ash to her Pokémon and her goal.

I really like this idea, it's new and it is brave. Why not apply the customization features of the games in the anime. But to me this is very surprising. Serena is such a polarizing character with a lot of fans loving her to death and others hating her that messing with her design could go horrible wrong, with young boys used to "short hair is for boys" kind of mentality.

And guys, please don't trip. She won't get a new personality, she's not getting reset. Serena is kicking ass right now and her story line is getting exciting. The only downside for me is that a shorter hair is more difficult to style differently for the Tripokalons.

OMG! She looks adorable!
img_04-2.png

I love the new design! Though the reason is lackluster....

But it doesn't matter, the design is GREAT!!!

ADORABLE! I love her more now!

But what I noticed from her is that she's only kept her legging. Hey, at least she is now way more mature.

Serena's reason for this was because
she lost her first Pokémon Showcase. In some Asian cultures, when somebody cuts his or her hair, it is to show that this person is abandoning the past and focusing on the future with new resolve.

Serena's reason for this was because
she lost her first Pokémon Showcase. In some Asian cultures, when somebody cuts his or her hair, it is to show that this person is abandoning the past and focusing on the future with new resolve.

Well I didnt state my reason here, but i did state it in the Review thread.

I thought the fail must be more at her side to make it more meaningful.

My personal thoughts that is.

And I know the culture well, I am Asian. :p

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom