• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A New Pokemon Box Set

Rocketshipper

SOOOOONANSU!!
Reaction score
Earlier today animeondvd.com posted a list of new titles that Viz will be releasing in the coming months. one of those titles is one called "Pokemon All Stars Collection". It's priced at 39.98, has an estimated runtime of 750 minutes, and will be released May 22nd.

What do you guys think this could be. The 2nd Indigo League box set? A set for one of the newer seasons? Some weird collection of random "best" episodes? the 750 minute runtime is longer than the listed runtime for the first Indigo set, so this set will have more than 26 episodes.

It sounds like it's 30 episodes long (Indigo season 1 is listed as 650 minutes long), so I'm betting that it's a box set of the 10 different 10th anniversary DVDs. 3 episodes per DVD x 10 DVDs = 30 episodes

Link is currently on the main page: http://www.animeondvd.com/
It's listed for a release on May 22.

Last edited:
Meh, Viz really has to stop it with this 10th anniversary garbage and just continue releasing the show in boxsets.

Not only do we have to get the rest of Season 1, but they never moved on to Advanced Challenge either after they finished the Advanced boxsets.

I'm not too bummed about the latter since AG is getting nice single DVD releases at 5 episodes per disc, (and I assume after Advanced Battle they'll go on to Battle Frontier), but they *really* need to finish the rest of Kanto so they can move on to Johto Journies, which desperately need boxsets.

Here's hoping to it being the second part of Indigo. And like Scott said, after they do that, we need Johto Journeys released in boxsets. All those DVDs came and went and are now OOP for the most part. *siiigh!*

30 episodes? Oh, maybe it's all the good ones?

Just kidding. I enjoyed every single episode.

What's taking so long they've been out for years, they should already be releasing passed Johto by now. :(

Hang on a sec... there has to be a Johto Journeys coming out soon, or else we'll have more episodes then you guys on boxsets ("Super Wallets")

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/786490 <-- If you wanna see what I mean by it. Replace the number at the end with 786491 for the second, 792477 for the upcoming third (Journeys, Wed 06 June) and 792478 for the 4th, released same day as the third.

I thought you guys would have had all that by now.

They should have a massive online poll in which people pick the best episodes of the series. And then put the top ones into a "Best of Pokemon" Boxed Set. That'd be pretty cool.

It'd probably be all Kanto episodes. :p

No love for classics like the Shuckle, Whiscash, Wayward Wobbuffet, or Claydol...

I mean they shouldn't do that, but they shouldn't take like 35467854 years to release series that have been out for so long, I want them out because I haven't seen every episode.

PUSA isn't going to redub something that Veronica and the gang have already dubbed without our knowledge. If they were, posts about how PUSA is run by a bunch of low-lifes trying to act like the old VA's never existed would be flooding this forum.

Who said it'd be all of Kanto?

I said, if fans got to vote for episodes to be in it, it'd probably just be Kanto episodes since it's so fugging GR-R-REAT!

No. I was referring to Eevee's post.

14 DVDs. Holy crap. That'll take up nearly as much room as my S1 tapes do now.

Good work, Viz.

The only downside I see to this is price. Given the average price of Pokemon DVD sets though (MQ 1 and 2 were $30 for 3 discs), it shouldn't be anything over $80.

Neku, it's $49.95 AUD each for the RRP. (Take off between 20% and 25% for USD)

Facilitator, they're all mentioned in the credits.

Also, Season 1 is counted from "Pokemon - I Choose You" to "Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden"

Season 2 is "Princess vs Princess" to "Charizard Chills"

I added um all up (Season 1-4) to UK £ and its only £71 :D
*Runs off to grab Debit card!*

Actually, "The Breeding Center Secret" was the last episode of season 1. For some reason it was longer than the other seasons. Princess vs Princess and that Meowth episode got skipped over initially, then were aired in season 2. I also just checked pokemon.com's episode list, and for some reason they have "the Battling Eevee Brothers" listed twice, and "The Case of the K9 Caper" through "The Breeding Center Secret" aren't listed anywhere.

So what is this DVD boxset? Are we getting the second half of Kanto or what?

And it makes more sense to split the boxsets by sagas rather than seasons. Just like all of Master Quest was on the same boxset, (despite the last 12 eps of Johto being part of Season 6), they should do the same here.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom